Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kadeem Harris

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Premier League website has him as unattached to a club (like Madine). Do they know something we don't? Or is just a case that he was dropped from the 25 man squad to facilitate Healey?

Re: Kadeem Harris

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 pm

I don't think Healey counts as a space due to his age?

Perhaps been taken out for incoming signings? Which is a shame as I liked Harris but I guess there's only so many spaces.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 pm

I initially thought Rhys Healey 'qualified' to enter the squad as an 'Under-23' but a look at the eligibility rules show that he missed out by a few days, so he is closed as a 'senior' player and must be registered (or not) as part of the 23 man squad by 31st January :thumbright:

The Rules say: "All players born after 1 January 1995 were eligible to play in the 2018/19 season." and Rhys Healey was born 6th December 1994 (missing out by 25 days) ;)

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:Premier League website has him as unattached to a club (like Madine). Do they know something we don't? Or is just a case that he was dropped from the 25 man squad to facilitate Healey?

Healey would of had Madines place but the 25 man squad isn’t finalised till the end of the window so technically anybody can play till then.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:Premier League website has him as unattached to a club (like Madine). Do they know something we don't? Or is just a case that he was dropped from the 25 man squad to facilitate Healey?

Healey would of had Madines place but the 25 man squad isn’t finalised till the end of the window so technically anybody can play till then.

:thumbup:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Healeys appearance Saturday does mean that if he was to go on loan again this season , it can only to be MK Dons

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Good point. So why is Harris down as not being registered?!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 pm

dogfound wrote:Healeys appearance Saturday does mean that if he was to go on loan again this season , it can only to be MK Dons

I should think Kadeem would be a tempting part ex if we wanted someone's player and although I'd prefer to keep him, we could afford to lose him. I know Leeds were interested

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:Healeys appearance Saturday does mean that if he was to go on loan again this season , it can only to be MK Dons

I should think Kadeem would be a tempting part ex if we wanted someone's player and although I'd prefer to keep him, we could afford to lose him. I know Leeds were interested

And out of contract in the summer.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am

NyeBluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Good point. So why is Harris down as not being registered?!

It’s only a website it don’t mean anything.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 am

Sven wrote:I initially thought Rhys Healey 'qualified' to enter the squad as an 'Under-23' but a look at the eligibility rules show that he missed out by a few days, so he is closed as a 'senior' player and must be registered (or not) as part of the 23 man squad by 31st January :thumbright:

The Rules say: "All players born after 1 January 1995 were eligible to play in the 2018/19 season." and Rhys Healey was born 6th December 1994 (missing out by 25 days) ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but 6th December 1994 is before 1 January 1995, therefore he would qualify as being an U23 player?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Sven wrote:I initially thought Rhys Healey 'qualified' to enter the squad as an 'Under-23' but a look at the eligibility rules show that he missed out by a few days, so he is closed as a 'senior' player and must be registered (or not) as part of the 23 man squad by 31st January :thumbright:

Correct me if I am wrong but 6th December 1994 is before 1 January 1995, therefore he would qualify as being an U23 player?

You’re right, 6th December 1994 is before 1st January 1995. But as Sven has pointed out, he would have to be born AFTER 1st January 1995 - not before.

If it was before then all our players would qualify as an Under 23.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:12 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

You’re right, 6th December 1994 is before 1st January 1995. But as Sven has pointed out, he would have to be born AFTER 1st January 1995 - not before.

Oh dear I’ve had a mare there :shock: :lol:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:29 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Oh dear I’ve had a mare there :shock: :lol:

A mare in more ways than one. Only under 21s ( not under23s) can supplement the main 25 man first team squad. The under 23 rules relate to the Development Team I think.