Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ SEAN MORRISON IN HOSPITAL “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:42 pm

BBC SPORT

Sean Morrison: Cardiff City captain in hospital for 'procedure'

Tuesday 15th January 2019

Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison has been admitted to hospital for what the club has described as "a procedure".

A club spokesman would not say why, only confirming the centre-back had been admitted for a procedure.

Morrison, 28, has played in all 22 of Cardiff's Premier League matches this season.

The Bluebirds, who are 17th in the table, have a crucial game on Saturday as they visit Newcastle United, who are just one point below them in the table.

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez has described the match as "massive".

Cardiff are still hopeful of making their first signing in the January transfer window before the trip to the North East.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ SEAN MORRISON IN HOSPITAL “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:51 pm

He’s having his appendix out

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm

BluebirdRyan18 wrote:He’s having his appendix out

Yes I heard the same.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes I heard the same.

Could be out for a while if it’s true, CB cover definitely needed now!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Apparently having the corners of his head shaved so that he can head the ball straight!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 pm

I’ve heard he’s having a penis enlargement op

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

If it is the appendix he’ll be out for a minimum of 6 weeks

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:02 pm

On Saturday He was as usless as his appendix :D

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:07 pm

snoopystorm wrote:If it is the appendix he’ll be out for a minimum of 6 weeks

Depends which opp they do to remove it. When I had mine out I definetly could have been back before 6 weeks. I would say 3 weeks (hospital for 5 days) antibiotics for a further few days and then a couple of weeks for the wound to heal. But it depends on how bad his appendix was and if he’s unfourtunate to get an infection could be months my old flat mate was in hospital for about 6 months with it.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 pm

phildavies wrote:

Depends which opp they do to remove it. When I had mine out I definetly could have been back before 6 weeks. I would say 3 weeks (hospital for 5 days) antibiotics for a further few days and then a couple of weeks for the wound to heal. But it depends on how bad his appendix was and if he’s unfourtunate to get an infection could be months my old flat mate was in hospital for about 6 months with it.

Not that serious, was having a pic with my mate with a massive smile on his face so isn’t like he got taken in by ambulance, probably was planned ahead

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:23 pm

It’s usually done these days by keyhole surgery. For a professional footballer who is basically pretty fit, then he should be available in about 4 weeks.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 pm

He will be out for 2 maybe 3 weeks at least I would have thought.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Manga back in the centre then

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Not that serious, was having a pic with my mate with a massive smile on his face so isn’t like he got taken in by ambulance, probably was planned ahead

Don’t know if it was planned ahead but yeah was probably the same as mine acute appendicitis simple enough surgery leaves you with a scar by your belly button and two little ones where they put cameras in. He will be in hospital for a few days after it though on IV antibiotics. Like I said dprobably 3 weeks out but that’s assuming no infection. As infection is quite common following appendix surgery even with the antibiotics.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Maybe your right but surely if was a planned op then i would imagine he would have gone private ?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:00 pm

stuey1981 wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Maybe your right but surely if was a planned op then i would imagine he would have gone private ?

Private often done in the same places, by the same surgeons. You just jump the queue (and pay).

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:04 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Private often done in the same places, by the same surgeons. You just jump the queue (and pay).

Fair point

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Here he is appy as larry yesterday pre-op :lol: seems like he’s going to enjoy his couple of weeks off haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Just like to say get well soon Sean.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 am

stuey1981 wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Only what I heard, it was not planned.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:58 am

Hull City are exploring other options to Matthew Connolly according to Hull Daily Mail, with the Cardiff City defender’s loan to the KCom Stadium on ice for the time being.

Connolly had been set to join the Tigers only for Cardiff to put the brakes on when Sean Morrison was taken to hospital for a procedure.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:39 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

?????

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

?????

Funny because it was mentioned before the article and he commented that. :laughing5:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:56 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

?????

Funny because it was mentioned before the article and he commented that. :laughing5:

right, i thought you might be unaware.. :thumbup: