Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING “ EMILIANO SALA HAS TOLD NANTES HE WANTS TO “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Emiliano Sala has told Nantes he wants to leave and sign for Cardiff City.

Sky Sports

Tuesday 15th Jan 2019

Sala had talks yesterday with Cardiff manager Neil Warnock and chief executive Ken Choo.

His agent Meissa N’Diaye and the agent acting for Nantes Mark McKay were also at the meeting.

Sala feels very positive after the meeting and Cardiff are now the club he wants to join.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING “ EMILIANO SALA HAS TOLD NANTES HE WANTS TO “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Wonder what they said to impress him so much.. good news well done cardiff

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Give it another hour.00

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Sky sports tranfer window on now

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Buy out in his contract.
Does well, keeps us up. We'd love him and hed likely get a big move.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Time will tell, I'm not getting to excited, things change quickly.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 pm

money talks!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Bloody well hopes so because it's doing my tits in

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Wonder what they said to impress him so much.. good news well done cardiff

Well he's on 10k a week, so for a start well at least double his wages (which is still pretty reasonable for prem wages) and told him he's going to be our main man. It's probably going to be his last chance for a contract this big at his age.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:44 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Wonder what they said to impress him so much.. good news well done cardiff

Money and thats it tbh thats modern football. Players will play for whoever is paying its the way it is irrelevant of what club or league in most cases and its probably his last big payday tbh as he be getting on by time his contract runs out with us if he signs that it or could be a smoke and mirrors move for another club to rush in :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Also to play in the best league in the world.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Dahboy wrote:Also to play in the best league in the world.

Half a season in it he will get then the championship as id say we need another few players to survive tbh otherwise down we go imo sadly. We cant string 5 passes together in midfield so unless this bloke comes in for hoofball then we are hoping id say but who knows. Thats even if he signs.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:55 pm

L
"Emiliano Sala informs Nantes he wants Cardiff move".
Sky Sports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rdiff-move

- having said this I can't see much substance to the story, just more alleged inside baseball

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:01 pm

There's got to be a lot more to this than we know, both in terms of the player buggering us about and Sir Neil putting up with that . I must say that I really don't like it much, mainly because it's eating up time in the transfer window .
Yes or no, we need to be addressing a full back and a midfielder and if necessary moving quickly for Naisse, ( who might be a better idea anyways).
This is or would be a huge signing and I support it fully but I don't want to see it obstruct progress.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:07 pm

RageJon wrote:Bloody well hopes so because it's doing my tits in

:laughing6: :notworthy:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:14 pm

If he considers himself to be a Champions League Player then joining us will put him in the shop window for a much bigger move in 12-18 months time. Hopefully with a nice transfer fee for us.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:There's got to be a lot more to this than we know, both in terms of the player buggering us about and Sir Neil putting up with that . I must say that I really don't like it much, mainly because it's eating up time in the transfer window .
Yes or no, we need to be addressing a full back and a midfielder and if necessary moving quickly for Naisse, ( who might be a better idea anyways).
This is or would be a huge signing and I support it fully but I don't want to see it obstruct progress.

I’m pretty sure people who can run a football club and other companies are able to multitask so there’s other things going on behind the scenes

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:30 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:If he considers himself to be a Champions League Player then joining us will put him in the shop window for a much bigger move in 12-18 months time. Hopefully with a nice transfer fee for us.

I think that’s probably right.

I can imagine his representatives have reminded him that if he does well with us, it could get him a bigger move further down the line. People will mention his age, but it’s not unheard of for some of the non-elite big clubs in Europe to spend money on 30-year-olds.

Bigger clubs across Europe are more likely to sit up and pay attention if he delivers in the Premier League, compared to Ligue 1.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:30 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:There's got to be a lot more to this than we know, both in terms of the player buggering us about and Sir Neil putting up with that . I must say that I really don't like it much, mainly because it's eating up time in the transfer window .

non of us knows the ins and outs of all our clubs transfers, how long they take, how much chasing is done, how prolonged the negotiations are ,they are by and large done out of the public eye , unfortunately for us Nantes and the players agent seem to be releasing hourly bulletins which for us fans is frustrating and gives the impression of being buggered about but might be far more the norm than we realise.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Seeing Cardiff itself is more than enough for most people but mix that with the enthusiasm of Neil Warnock, the sincerity of Ken Choo and the chance to save even a little 'face' for Rydogsccfc, how could he refuse? ;) :laughing6:

In all seriousness, this would be a great result when/if it is confirmed and I think even the more doubtful and cynical amongst our apparent support should be able to appreciate the effort put in by those on Bothe sides who will have made to happen :clap:

Will Emiliano Sala succeed at City? :?

Who knows? We will only know that in due course (in effect come Sunday 12th May 2019) and in the meantime we must trust our manager and his team to have done 'due diligence' and allow him (Sala) reasonable time to settle and deliver

It's about the team and not the individual and my own view is that adding Sala and (hopefully) two others would allow Neil Warnock the space to alternate/rest his team, use different formations (more use of Reid?) and set up to take the game to our opponents rather than the (often effective) possession-yielding system currently used :thumbright:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

He saw the Canton Cross advertising Friday night karaoke, and that probably sealed it..

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

I’m pretty sure people who can run a football club and other companies are able to multitask so there’s other things going on behind the scenes

Yeah well you'd think so , and of course it's not my call, but don't forget that we've apparently come unstuck from not having a plan b before according to the club.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Sky Transfer Window programme just said that Chairman Mehmet is in France tonight " overseeing transfer business "

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 pm

They've also just said that Connolly move is back on, so maybe that implies that we've signed a defender

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:They've also just said that Connolly move is back on, so maybe that implies that we've signed a defender

It’ll be like London buses. Suddenly we’ll sign 2 or 3. :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Let's hope they don't put him in the NANTES team tomorrow night ;)

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm

I think I'm just going to wait now and not get in a tizz if deals do or don't happen.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 pm

I know Mark McKay so message sent to see what what the chances are of us signing him ✌️

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 pm

To the tune of the scousers Firmino song..

There’s something that the blues want you to know,
The best in the world his names Emiliano,
Our numberrrrr 9,
Give him the ball and he’ll score every time,
Si senor,
Give the ball to Sala and he will scoreeee

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's hope they don't put him in the NANTES team tomorrow night ;)

Can they?f he signs before the game ,then surely he becomes our player :?: would the board accept what will be a club record signing,being risked? Maybe he wants to play for nantes fans,to say his goodbyes :?: all speculation at the moment, my personal opinionis,he will play and sign after the game,let's hope if he does play, he doesn't get injured :oops: :bluescarf: