Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: Sala is not going to Everton and Agent suggests

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Not sure why people are saying Sala is talking to Everton. Not true.

That story is from last November, and seems to be dragged up on social media and on here to make it look like he’s going there.

Re: “ Sala is not going to Everton “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not sure why people are saying Sala is talking to Everton. Not true.

That story is from last November, and seems to be dragged up on social media and on here to make it look like he’s going there.

Great news then.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not sure why people are saying Sala is talking to Everton. Not true.

:thumbup:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Wait for it !!!!

Someone is going to say, " that's terrible news he's not of to Everton because he's shit and they don't want him" :roll:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Wait for it !!!!

Someone is going to say, " that's terrible news he's not of to Everton because he's shit and they don't want him" :roll:

Dahboy?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Everton have said they have to sell before they buy

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:19 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Wait for it !!!!

Dahboy?

:laughing6: probably and a few others

Re: UPDATED: Sala is not going to Everton and Agent suggests

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Nantes' Ligue 1 striker Emiliano Sala appears to be on his way to South Wales in a bid to save Cardiff City's Premier League skin.

Emiliano Sala could make his final appearance for Nantes in Wednesday’s Ligue 1 clash against Nimes. Because it seems that the Argentine striker is edging closer and closer to a big-money move to Cardiff City.

According to reports, Sala jetted into South Wales over the weekend to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms with the Premier League side.

It was believed that Sala wanted to join a more established top-flight outfit but has now been convinced to join Cardiff in their relegation battle after holding face-to-face talks with manager Neil Warnock last week.

And, speaking to Wales Online, the former Bordeaux striker’s agent Mark McKay has now broken his silence, suggesting that a move is indeed on the cards.

"Emiliano was very impressed with what Neil and (chief executive) Mr Ken Choo had to say and with the club itself,” said McKay, who has described the talks as ‘constructive’.

Nantes' Argentinian forward Emiliano Sala controls the ball during the French L1 football match between Nantes and Rennes at La Beaujoire stadium in Nantes, western France, on January 13,...

It had been claimed that Cardiff would pay around £20 million for Sala but Wales Online believe the fee is closer to £13 million. That would still make the 28-year-old the club’s record signing, however, exceeding the fee they paid for Chile midfielder Gary Medel six years ago.

Sala has scored 12 goals in 16 Ligue 1 starts this season, a tally only bettered by PSG’s Kylian Mbappe and Lille’s Nicholas Pepe.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

See,now this is what I can't get my head around.If he's definitely coming why risk a signing on fee and (if the rumours are true) a stella pay rise?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:See,now this is what I can't get my head around.If he's definitely coming why risk a signing on fee and (if the rumours are true) a stella pay rise?

My favourite pint. I'd go anywhere for a Stella payrise..

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:See,now this is what I can't get my head around.If he's definitely coming why risk a signing on fee and (if the rumours are true) a stella pay rise?

My favourite pint. I'd go anywhere for a Stella payrise..

Did they serve that in the “Grapes” back in the day ? We had some good nights in there :thumbright: