Yaya anyone ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Yaya anyone ?

Postby Roadrunner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Yaya Toure is a free agent and wants a move to the Premier league, worth a punt till the end of the season
Roadrunner

Yaya anyone ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Yaya anyone ?

Postby Gravity » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Yeah why not
Gravity

Postby dogfound » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm

big big mates with Sol.
dogfound

Postby caerblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm

he’d want silly wages,he ll end up at West Ham or fulham
caerblue

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm

caerblue wrote:he’d want silly wages,he ll end up at West Ham or fulham

Doesn’t want big wages, said he’d accept a very basic wage, said he’d give back whatever he earned if the club weren’t happy with his performances aswell, this was said in the summer. The guy just wants to play football for the last couple of years of his career. Him and Cabaya on frees would be class!!
Edwardsccfc16

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm

If we actually signed 2 players with that ability we would raise some eyebrows and scare a few sides around us.
welshrarebit

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:39 am

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:

Doesn’t want big wages, said he’d accept a very basic wage, said he’d give back whatever he earned if the club weren’t happy with his performances aswell, this was said in the summer. The guy just wants to play football for the last couple of years of his career. Him and Cabaya on frees would be class!!

If true go snap him up. :ayatollah:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:43 am

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:

If that's the case then why haven't we already ffs
gwentbluebirds

Postby tylorstown18891 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:29 am

Would love him to come!
tylorstown18891

Postby caerblue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:38 am

He wanted a massive signing on fee,even though he’d take peanuts in wages a week,it still was big money,only Started twice at olympicos
caerblue

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 am

I called this in the summer before he went to olympiacos. I mentioned it to Warnock and his reply was " I couldnt even afford his tax". I mentioned it to Bamba and he said " I think it would be very difficult".

I got laughed at by a few people but am deadly serious about it and totally agree with you. He would b a great signing for the club in terms of profile and quality and am sure they could work something out on the wages with him being a free agent.
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:

If that's the case then why haven't we already ffs

If true don't you think most clubs would sign him up. I doubt Cardiff City is his dream move to play for peanuts.
2blue2handle

Postby Roadrunner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Probably worth paying high wages to get a stellar name in as I could help in bringing in talent, also helps with current squad morale.
Roadrunner

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

A player with absolute quality makes all the difference. Look at the way pogba waltzes around for united and France. He looks like he isn't do anything then all of a sudden drives forward, puts in a cheeky flicked pass and someone scores.

Yaya has the ability to do things like that even at his age.
welshrarebit

Postby RageJon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Do we really want another Robbie Fowler
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:39 pm

welshrarebit wrote:A player with absolute quality makes all the difference. Look at the way pogba waltzes around for united and France. He looks like he isn't do anything then all of a sudden drives forward, puts in a cheeky flicked pass and someone scores.

completely pointless comparison of a 25 year old Pogba to a 35 year old Toure.

If he still had it do you think he'd have to offer himself up for "Peanuts"?

Plus if everything said above is true and he could still do it then he'd be snapped up pretty quick.
nubbsy

Postby stevee1966 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 pm

Seemed quite keen to speak to Celtic from what he said on Sky earlier.
stevee1966

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 pm

nubbsy wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:A player with absolute quality makes all the difference. Look at the way pogba waltzes around for united and France. He looks like he isn't do anything then all of a sudden drives forward, puts in a cheeky flicked pass and someone scores.

Plus if everything said above is true and he could still do it then he'd be snapped up pretty quick.

The comparison was how quality players make things happen and make it look effortless. I stand by that regardless of age. Whether we should try and sign him or not is another story. I'm sure he could do a job though and would be at least as good as some of our midfielders!
welshrarebit

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 pm

welshrarebit wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

The comparison was how quality players make things happen and make it look effortless. I stand by that regardless of age. Whether we should try and sign him or not is another story. I'm sure he could do a job though and would be at least as good as some of our midfielders!

Robbie Fowler and hasslebank were around that age, utterly useless the pair of them. And both absolute class in their day. Everyone has an expiry date rwgardless of talent.
nubbsy

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 pm

nubbsy wrote:Robbie Fowler and hasslebank were around that age, utterly useless the pair of them. And both absolute class in their day. Everyone has an expiry date rwgardless of talent.

At least Hasselebank played for his wages, scored against Wolves in the Cup on our run to the final. Fowler just took a few pens on the few days he could be bothered to play.

As to the OP, Yaya's best days are behind him and we need a quality right back first, gunner arter and camarassa should be enough in center mid
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:29 am

Fowler and hasselbaink were players that relied on pace in their prime. When they were with us that pace was no where near as lethal. Yaya doesn't rely on pace and would be good in the gunnarsson arter role with his strength and footballing brain. Poor comparison
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby Xcasual » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am

I’d take Chris Pike at this point :bluescarf:
Xcasual

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 am

No one's mentioned the shirt sales and what it would do for markets abroad.
bluebird7291

Return to General Chat