£20 m gamble

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£20 m gamble

Postby bobbankbandit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Barking mad with an unproven striker in the premier League with the whole clubs expectations weighing heavy. If we have £20m to gamble we should at least try s d capture a striker who has proved themselves in the UK already.
You should not arrive at your grave in a well preserved body, so skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming yahooooo what a ride !
bobbankbandit

£20 m gamble

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: £20 m gamble

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:04 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:Barking mad with an unproven striker in the premier League with the whole clubs expectations weighing heavy. If we have £20m to gamble we should at least try s d capture a striker who has proved themselves in the UK already.

Like whom ?

Also what if he proves a success and we have a £35m player on our hands
NIBluebird

Postby BobbyBlue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Not happening he’s gone back to France.
BobbyBlue

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:Barking mad with an unproven striker in the premier League with the whole clubs expectations weighing heavy. If we have £20m to gamble we should at least try s d capture a striker who has proved themselves in the UK already.

Who do you seriously think we are signing who is proven for 20m? Solanke hasn’t even scored and he went for 20m...
BarryWelsh88

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Crossing the road is a gamble so let's just sit back and see what it brings
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby pontlliwblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

I don't like comparing us with the jack's but they took a gamble on Michu bony and ayew and saw a significant profit (initially in any case)
pontlliwblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I don't like comparing us with the jack's but they took a gamble on Michu bony and ayew and saw a significant profit (initially in any case)

Hate ti say it but the jacks are proof of why we should shop on Spain.
..they paid £2mil for Michu whom was class.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Bluebird1990 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Not happening he’s gone back to France.

Most likely to sort some things out there, his family is there after all you thought of that?
Bluebird1990

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm

NIBluebird wrote:

Like whom ?

I would like to answer this on players we could get for £20mill or less who are said to possibly be available to transfer.

Batshuayi - Chelsea
Vincent Jansen - Spurs
Cenk Tosun - Everton
Niasse - Everton
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea
Okazaki - Leicester
Sturridge -liverpool

Maupay - Brentford

What if he proves a success ?
What if he flops ?
We would be left with a £20mill striker on huge wages we cant sell.
thomasblue

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm

thomasblue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Like whom ?

I would like to answer this on players we could get for £20mill or less who are said to possibly be available to transfer.

Batshuayi - Chelsea
Vincent Jansen - Spurs
Cenk Tosun - Everton
Niasse - Everton
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea
Okazaki - Leicester
Sturridge -liverpool

Maupay - Brentford

What if he flops ?

Well,if he flops,we will all see the acorn saga fade into distant memory,if not,and he fires the goals to keep us up,he's a hero, I'm a little bit sceptical, but will support him either way. :bluescarf:
bluesince62

Postby HarriRhys22 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Agree it’s a big gamble, I’d go for Tosun from Everton but surely Warnock has got to get one successful money signing ?
Spent nearly 40m since joining us, none of his signings in team on Saturday! Yet people on here blame Tan? If it was my money I’d tell him to stick with frees or loan signings where he has been successful!
HarriRhys22

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Hoilett and bamba were his and both started. Arter and camarasa whilst loans. Are still his signings.
welshrarebit

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:29 am

thomasblue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Like whom ?

Batshuayi - Chelsea
Vincent Jansen - Spurs
Cenk Tosun - Everton
Niasse - Everton
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea
Okazaki - Leicester
Sturridge -liverpool

Maupay - Brentford

What if he flops ?

What you forget is Abrahams is on f k knows how much a week and most off the others mentioned are on more than him! Plus it's not what you pay it's more like will they come? And tbh doubt if any would sign for us sala would be on a fraction of their wages with us but by French standards he will have massive pay rise. Besides there are more than your list available but still doesn't make it easier to sign them... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Fordy_90 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 am

Tbf hopefully sala can help zohore, zohore has the potential to be a similar sort of player, just having him on the training ground could be enough to spur him on but here's hoping it all just works out for a change
Fordy_90

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:I don't like comparing us with the jack's but they took a gamble on Michu bony and ayew and saw a significant profit (initially in any case)

Hate ti say it but the jacks are proof of why we should shop on Spain.
..they paid £2mil for Michu whom was class.

everyone remembers Michu the 2 million pound 1 season wonder.

Baston and Mesa less so.
dogfound

Postby Roadrunner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 pm

I'd much rather gamble on Sturridge or Niasse, and get Sam Vokes in as well
Roadrunner

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm

thomasblue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Like whom ?

Batshuayi - Chelsea
Vincent Jansen - Spurs
Cenk Tosun - Everton
Niasse - Everton
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea
Okazaki - Leicester
Sturridge -liverpool

Maupay - Brentford

What if he flops ?

The only one of your list that is a proven goalscorer in the Premier is Sturridge and he would cost way more than £20m and wages £50k per week even if Liverpool would sell.

Okazaki is a proven Prem performer, but not in terms of being the main goal scorer.

The rest are as unproven at Prem as Sala.

The reality is we are going to have to gamble and this signing looks no more risky than any others we’ve bee linked with and better than most !!
piledriver64

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Like whom ?

Batshuayi - Chelsea
Vincent Jansen - Spurs
Cenk Tosun - Everton
Niasse - Everton
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea
Okazaki - Leicester
Sturridge -liverpool

Maupay - Brentford

What if he flops ?

The only one of your list that is a proven goalscorer in the Premier is Sturridge and he would cost way more than £20m and wages £50k per week even if Liverpool would sell.

Okazaki is a proven Prem performer, but not in terms of being the main goal scorer.

The rest are as unproven at Prem as Sala.

The reality is we are going to have to gamble and this signing looks no more risky than any others we’ve bee linked with and better than most !!

Batshuayi scores goals I'd take him in a heart beat
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby actionman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:48 pm

I think we have to take a gamble. The only players we will get who want to come to city are not up to premier league standards. We paid a lot of money last time in premier and only just missed out we lost at home to hull and palace two of the teams that come up with us and drew with Sunderland if we had won those we would have stayed up.
actionman

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Lads he already has a full sleeve tattoo so he is almost there as a top footballer!
welshrarebit

Return to General Chat