A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER LEAVES '

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Huddersfield have just parted company their manager David Wagner

Ex Cardiff player Mark Hudson takes temporary charge

Sky Sports

Monday 14th Jan 2019

David Wagner leaves Huddersfield Town by mutual consent

Manager David Wagner has parted company with Huddersfield Town by mutual consent.

It is understood that Wagner informed the club he would be leaving at the end of the season and, following talks with the board, the decision was reluctantly taken to part ways today.

Wagner, 47, performed miracles last season to keep the club in the Premier League but this campaign has proven far more difficult, with only two wins so far this season.

Huddersfield are bottom of the table and already eight points adrift of safety with chairman Dean Hoyle believing a change in manager was required.

Wagner was appointed in November 2015, succeeding Chris Powell, who had been sacked after 14 months in charge.

Before Saturday's draw with Cardiff, Wagner admitted this season has proven an excruciating experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re:' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER JUST LEAVES '

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Huddersfield confirmed he wasn’t sacked he asked to leave so was done by mutual consent

Re: ' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER JUST LEAVES '

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Ex Cardiff player Mark Hudson takes temporary charge

Re: ' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER JUST LEAVES '

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I’m shocked.

I know they’re struggling but he’s done a lot for that club.

Good opportunity for Mark Hudson.

Re: ' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER LEAVES '

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Bit of a shock that tbf

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Seems a nice guy, done a great job for The Terriers, think he may have thought he'd taken them as far as he could.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Man City, Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal next up for Huddersfield. :shock:

Baptism of fire for Hudds.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm

They’ve got their timing all wrong - you get rid of your manager BEFORE you play at the Cardiff City Stadium! :lol:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Gutted for them...got a lot of time for Wagner..the side and the fans,a decent bunch up there in yorkshire.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Possibly bad news for relegation contenders if bring in right man. :old:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Possibly bad news for relegation contenders if bring in right man. :old:

I think by the time they have played there next 4 games they will be be too far adrift to catch anybody

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm

they've done poorly this season, but they aren't a particularly good team. it's a big ask for huddersfield to stay up again, and we knew that at the start of the season.

it's very harsh, but there's very little loyalty towards managers these days.

what does this mean for us? i can't see a new manager changing the situation, unless a handful of new players come in and they start picking up points. they will run into the same problem we have, which is how to attract players to commit to a club that is likely to be relegated (highly possible in our case).

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Possibly bad news for relegation contenders if bring in right man. :old:

I think by the time they have played there next 4 games they will be be too far adrift to catch anybody

Hope so! :thumbup:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:58 pm

castleblue wrote:Man City, Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal next up for Huddersfield. :shock:

Baptism of fire for Hudds.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

From Huddersfield website he is only in charge for this weekend? :?:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:01 pm

I'm actually shocked and a little saddened by this, as I feel David Wagner has done a pretty good job for Huddersfield Town in a similar vein to that which Neil Warnock has at Cardiff City

I couldn't see anything wrong with their team that (ironically) a goal scorer couldn't put right and was impressed with their overall play against us on Saturday

Nice to see and old Bluebird (scorer of THAT goal) in temporary charge but I genuinely feel for David Wagner :(

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 pm

HOUDINI.?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 pm

Sven wrote:I'm actually shocked and a little saddened by this, as I feel David Wagner has done a pretty good job for Huddersfield Town in a similar vein to that which Neil Warnock has at Cardiff City

I couldn't see anything wrong with their team that (ironically) a goal scorer couldn't put right and was impressed with their overall play against us on Saturday

Nice to see and old Bluebird (scorer of THAT goal) in temporary charge but I genuinely feel for David Wagner :(

just seen the manager himself basically resigned, couldn't handle the pressure anymore.

in fairness pretty much all the media have said he's done a good job overall.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Allardyce is favourite at the moment. That would be a worry if they bring him in.

But he won’t come cheap.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 pm

northernbluebird wrote:they've done poorly this season, but they aren't a particularly good team. it's a big ask for huddersfield to stay up again, and we knew that at the start of the season.

it's very harsh, but there's very little loyalty towards managers these days.

what does this mean for us? i can't see a new manager changing the situation, unless a handful of new players come in and they start picking up points. they will run into the same problem we have, which is how to attract players to commit to a club that is likely to be relegated (highly possible in our case).

8 points adrift and do not have ourselves, Fulham or Burnley to play again.
they are goners , last Saturday was last chance saloon for them thinks me.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Saturday must have been a must win game for him - I am surprised if they were not going to stick with him to the end of the season ...Why leave it this late ??

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Saturday must have been a must win game for him - I am surprised if they were not going to stick with him to the end of the season ...Why leave it this late ??

I don't think he was sacked.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 am

dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Saturday must have been a must win game for him - I am surprised if they were not going to stick with him to the end of the season ...Why leave it this late ??

The opening post and mine does not say he was sacked , He wanted to go at the end of the season and the board did not want that ...So why wait until now and give their club less time to get a new manager + signings.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:10 am

dogfound wrote:

Wasn't sacked although club used mutual consent line! In this case it appears to be true and wagner wanted to take a break from football guess he's had enough and knew the end was nigh. :old:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The opening post and mine does not say he was sacked , He wanted to go at the end of the season and the board did not want that ...So why wait until now and give their club less time to get a new manager + signings.

I would imagine because he really has done a fantastic job there and with Fulham, Burnley and ourselves to play on the spin who would you want in charge. if it were us I would want Warnock and I think their board see Wagner as one of their best ever.

and just the 1point from that mini league all but relegates them ?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:14 am

MORE ON WAGNER DEPARTURE

Sky Sources understand David Wagner approached Huddersfield owner Dean Hoyle this morning, to tell him he was worn down by the team’s difficulties this season, and that he thought it was best for all if he left the job this coming summer.

The two men discussed the issue for much of the rest of the day, and came to an agreed decision that it was best Wagner leaves now. The two men remain very close, and we are told there is no animosity on either side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 am

Reckon had he not wanted to leave they would have kept him as he’d defo get them playing to go straight back up

Decent chap would take him here in future no problems

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

I’ve seen Big Sam has been linked with the job and is bookies current favourite