Craig Bellamy is strange as he was cocky & confident & loud

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Former Liverpool FC star brands Craig Bellamy 'a big puppy'

Friday 14th December 2018

Media Wales

Craig Bellamy has been branded 'a big puppy' by a former Liverpool team mate who has claimed the Welshmen wouldn't back up his 'screaming and shouting' if you stood up to him.

John Arne Riise, a Champions League winner with the Anfield giants in 2005, has revealed details of the famous incident between him and Bellamy involving a golf club while the club were on a training camp in Portugal in 2007.

In a new autobiography entitled Running Man, Riise recalled how Bellamy burst into his room with the golf club and launched an attack, something the former Cardiff City star admitted in his own book was 'pathetic, drunken and bullying' behaviour.

In an article in the Daily Mail Norwegian Riise said: "I just wanted him to think twice, go back to his room and then we can meet up in the morning and finish it off properly.

"I was ready to do that but he didn’t show.

John Arne Riise speaking at the Lunch With Legends,at the Shankly Hotel.

"He was strange as he was cocky and confident and loud — screaming and shouting in training — but if you stood up to him he was like a big puppy.

"I remember Fulham versus Liverpool and Clint Dempsey said something to Craig and he s*** his pants. Bellamy is complicated and I don’t know much about it. So I can forgive but I don’t forget.

"If he had hit me in his first stroke… if he had hit my shins I would have been done."

Riise added that Bellamy's decision to celebrate a Champions League goal scored at Barcelona shortly after the Portugal flashpoint by swinging an imaginary golf club, was not appreciated.

"It was the most annoying thing for me that he did it," Riise said.

"It was disrespecting me."
Attachments
0_JS80483014.jpg
0_JS80483014.jpg (21.15 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Craig Bellamy is strange as he was cocky & confident & l

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Having read Bellers book and it was a great read, you can certainly tell the guy has led a complicated misplaced life at times, he seems to be in a better place these days which is a good fit for him because after his marriage breakup it appeared he was going to hit rock bottom, reports of him getting smashed out of his eyeballs in Penarth pubs, I think the guy will always have demons and is not cut out for management, I think he lacks the man management skills needed to succeed at the top of the game.
Wolfpac

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:43 pm

All I can say is every time I have met Craig Bellamy, he has been very very respectful to my family and myself :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:28 pm

On the Rise incident,Bellamy probably had to much to drink and in the morning when sober did not need feel the need to meet rise, that does not mean that he was a "Puppy" Rise has to sell his autobiography somehow :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Having read Bellers book and it was a great read, you can certainly tell the guy has led a complicated misplaced life at times, he seems to be in a better place these days which is a good fit for him because after his marriage breakup it appeared he was going to hit rock bottom, reports of him getting smashed out of his eyeballs in Penarth pubs, I think the guy will always have demons and is not cut out for management, I think he lacks the man management skills needed to succeed at the top of the game.

Couldn’t disagree more.
I think Bellamy is an intelligent and articulate guy who knows his football and is going about plans for management in an unrushed and controlled manner.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Moonstomper » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:17 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Having read Bellers book and it was a great read, you can certainly tell the guy has led a complicated misplaced life at times, he seems to be in a better place these days which is a good fit for him because after his marriage breakup it appeared he was going to hit rock bottom, reports of him getting smashed out of his eyeballs in Penarth pubs, I think the guy will always have demons and is not cut out for management, I think he lacks the man management skills needed to succeed at the top of the game.

Couldn’t disagree more.
I think Bellamy is an intelligent and articulate guy who knows his football and is going about plans for management in an unrushed and controlled manner.

My sentiments exactly, I hope he's looking at a future managers job with us
Moonstomper

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Will always respect what he did and is doing for Cardiff City. He is giving something back.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Will always respect what he did and is doing for Cardiff City. He is giving something back.

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 pm

He spent fair bit of time Saturday talking to fans on level 4 no one bothered him and he was happy just chatting :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby goats » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 am

Probably had his demons growing up, throwing wads of cash at it doesn’t really help. You get the feeling he has learnt his lessons and is growing up, like we all do. Good on him, always seemed decent when I’ve met him.
goats

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Igovernor wrote:On the Rise incident,Bellamy probably had to much to drink and in the morning when sober did not need feel the need to meet rise, that does not mean that he was a "Puppy" Rise has to sell his autobiography somehow :thumbup:

It does suggest he lacked the decency to appologise. But that was a long time age, who knows, he could be a different person now. He did come across like a spoilt kid in his book
Cardiff dyskinesia

Return to General Chat