Who would you replace from 25 man squad?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Lets say for example, Warnock gets 3 deals through the door.

Who would you take out of the 25 man squad?

Its got to be Connolly & Damour surely.

Madine maybe? Or Harris?
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Who would you replace from 25 man squad?

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Lets say for example, Warnock gets 3 deals through the door.

Madine maybe? Or Harris?

I'd imagine there would be a couple of sales...

Madine and Harris sounds about right to me.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Lets say for example, Warnock gets 3 deals through the door.

Madine maybe? Or Harris?

I'd imagine there would be a couple of sales...

Madine and Harris sounds about right to me.

Are we likely to get anything for Pilks or Tomlin do you think?

It will be small if any
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Think damour and madine will be gone, Id get rid of Connolly and Peltier depending on if we get a right back in, possibly even Jazz, got 2 right backs in the squad and he’s started manga at right back nearly every game, got to tell you something hasn’t it :D
Edwardsccfc16

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Depends who we sign. There are plenty of candidates to be dropped out and include both Madine and Ken if we got two strikers.
To be honest Ward, Ralls and Richards aren't premiership standard, and Lee Peltier is very borderline .
On the face of it I'd have Tomlin in there rather than some who are but there's obviously some reason which isn't public why that's not the case. He's not a first choice , but a better stand by than some we are using for that purpose.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby phildavies » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Stupid to answer before we know who comes in. How anyone can say Harris though is idiotic. He has been excellent for us when he’s played this season and will play a big part in us picking up more points in the rest of the games this season. He gets unfair stick from a lot of our fans. In my opinion he is one of our best wingers as unlike the other 3 he doesn’t constantly try to cut inside by rather tends to stick out on the wing. He is also the best defensively of our wingers.

If as we speculate it’s going to be a RB, CM and a striker. Then most likely Connolly, Damour and Madine.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Agree with Connelly and Madine,think Damore May go out on loan for experience.We must get rid of Tomlin and Pilks though probably have to be on free’s.If we go for more than 3 players,Jazz,Peltier and Zohore in danger particularly if we can get some money for them?
HarriRhys22

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Hopefully, if we survive in the Prem this season, there will be a gradual improvement in the quality of the squad and many if not all of the players previously mentioned will be made surplus to requirement. This is way clubs of our size go about consolidating their position in the Prem and what we should aspire to. Fingers crossed !
MoodyBluebird

Postby davids » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 pm

If we assume that we are going to get a right back, midfielder and striker then I would get rid of Jazz Richards, Damour and Madine.

That's assuming anybody would be willing to take them off our hands of course. :roll:
davids

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 pm

phildavies wrote:Stupid to answer before we know who comes in. How anyone can say Harris though is idiotic. He has been excellent for us when he’s played this season and will play a big part in us picking up more points in the rest of the games this season. He gets unfair stick from a lot of our fans. In my opinion he is one of our best wingers as unlike the other 3 he doesn’t constantly try to cut inside by rather tends to stick out on the wing. He is also the best defensively of our wingers.

If as we speculate it’s going to be a RB, CM and a striker. Then most likely Connolly, Damour and Madine.

Yes I agree. He's been round for a long time and never quite reached a standard, but this season he's come on fantastically and we'd be crackers to lose him, even for a big fee.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 pm

phildavies wrote:Stupid to answer before we know who comes in. How anyone can say Harris though is idiotic. He has been excellent for us when he’s played this season and will play a big part in us picking up more points in the rest of the games this season. He gets unfair stick from a lot of our fans. In my opinion he is one of our best wingers as unlike the other 3 he doesn’t constantly try to cut inside by rather tends to stick out on the wing. He is also the best defensively of our wingers.

thought Harris has done well when playing this season myself but truth is he does not get much game time and is possibly someone we might get an offer for...
if this happened..do you keep someone the manager does not use much or take the money to use elsewhere..?
dogfound

Postby Alan_in_China » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:43 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:Hopefully, if we survive in the Prem this season, there will be a gradual improvement in the quality of the squad and many if not all of the players previously mentioned will be made surplus to requirement. This is way clubs of our size go about consolidating their position in the Prem and what we should aspire to. Fingers crossed !

^^^
This!
Alan_in_China

Postby pick and shovel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 am

Harris is a bit like marmite it seems. Along with Connelly he'd be out of the squad for me.
pick and shovel

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 am

pick and shovel wrote:Harris is a bit like marmite it seems. Along with Connelly he'd be out of the squad for me.

He's a headless chicken
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:33 am

I must be the only person that like Damour. I think he’s a decent back up and if we get a new midfielder would rather see him go out on loan.
Regards the OP, it’s a bit ridiculous trying to guess who we’d get out of the squad without knowing who’s coming in.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby JayCee » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:50 am

I agree that Harris should stay but I think you have a rose tinted view of Kadeems ability. Defensively Hoilett is the best and NML is Also better than Kadeem at tracking back. He has had odd flashes of brilliance and is playing well but of all four wingers, I’d rate him fourth.
JayCee

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 am

Well said on Harris, deserves his place as much as anyone,what if mendez laing or Murphy get Injured ? Mad season is here :roll:
bluesince62

Postby Bluemellons » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 am

Pilkington has already gone. Moved up north somewhere already. Shame because I still think he could have offered more than some.
Bluemellons

Postby Lengee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Warnock said his priority is a striker. Today Ken zahore came straight back to the bench following his "injury".
If anyone will pay his wages it has to be Mr Madine. How can he stay in the 25 with the new signing (hopefully), Zahore and Ward ahead of him.
:thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Savigma » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Brian Murphy
Jazz Richards
Lee Peltier
Matthew Connolly
Loic Damour
Gary Madine
Kadeem Harris
Danny Ward

Obviously that's more of a clean up I would make at the end of the season if we survive, as apposed to a big job in Janurary.

But realistically these are the players we would ideally replace if possible.
Savigma

Postby buckleys brewery » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Savigma wrote:Brian Murphy
Jazz Richards
Lee Peltier
Matthew Connolly
Loic Damour
Gary Madine
Kadeem Harris
Danny Ward

Obviously that's more of a clean up I would make at the end of the season if we survive, as apposed to a big job in Janurary.

But realistically these are the players we would ideally replace if possible.

This^^^^ If the hierarchy “are” serious about staying up.
buckleys brewery

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Depending how many come in but in order: (if we get a striker, midfielder & RB)

Connolly
Madine
Damour
Peltier
Harris
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:12 pm

We need to try and either offer Harris a new real or sell him.

Plenty who can be moved on tho. Getting people in is the issue.

I really can't believe right back, defensive midfield and striker are the positions we still need going into Jan.
2blue2handle

Postby phildavies » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:42 am

Bluemellons wrote:Pilkington has already gone. Moved up north somewhere already. Shame because I still think he could have offered more than some.

Would have had him in the squad over Madine all day long
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Return to General Chat