BOOKIES: FOUR PLAYERS LINKED TO BLUEBIRDS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:53 am

Four players bookies are taking bets on to join Cardiff City in the January transfer window
By Ian Mitchelmore

Just weeks remain until the January transfer window officially opens and Neil Warnock will no doubt be hoping to make full use of the market in a bid to strengthen his Cardiff City squad and bolster the Bluebirds' Premier League survival hopes.

The Yorkshireman has stated that he wants to bring in a striker next month along with a right-back and a central midfielder.

And bookmakers are already pricing up moves for players ahead of the winter window.

Here are four players they are currently offering odds on to join Cardiff City...

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

The 21-year-old striker is yet to feature for the Reds' first team this season and is unlikely to get many minutes under his belt in the near future at Anfield given the raft of attacking talent Jurgen Klopp has at his disposal.

And while a permanent exit appears unlikely in January, there's every chance that Solanke could leave Merseyside on a loan deal.

Solanke's contract at Liverpool runs until 2022.

BetVictor Odds: Huddersfield 3/1; Crystal Palace, West Ham, Any Turkish club, Any Scottish club 8/1; Any Championship club 10/1; Any German, Spanish, Italian or French club 12/1; Newcastle, Cardiff 16/1, Watford 20/1.

Jermaine Defoe (Bournemouth)

Defoe has desperately struggled for game time this season having fallen behind the likes of Callum Wilson and Josh King in the pecking order.

He has featured just seven times in all competitions under Eddie Howe so far this term, with only three of those being starts.

And a number of clubs have been put on red alert given that the former England striker has not featured for the Cherries since November 10.

Warnock was asked if he was interested in the striker in a press conference earlier this month, although he simply responded: "No."

BetVictor Odds: Sheffield United 3/1, Sunderland 5/1, Crystal Palace 6/1, Nottingham Forest 8/1, Stoke, Burnley, Cardiff, Southampton, Huddersfield 12/1, Bristol City 14/1, Derby, Swansea City 16/1.

Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool)

The right-back is another player in desperate need of regular minutes, with the 27-year-old's sole appearance for Liverpool this season coming in their Carabao Cup defeat to Chelsea in September.

He still has 18 months to run on his contract at Anfield, meaning the Reds would demand a significant fee if they were to allow the former Southampton man to leave on a permanent basis.

And as revealed by WalesOnline last month, the Bluebirds are weighing up a loan move for the defender.

BetVictor Odds: Fulham 2/1, Cardiff City, 3/1, Southampton 4/1, Leicester 6/1, Wolves 8/1, West Ham, Brighton, Watford 12/1.

Adam Reach (Sheffield Wednesday)

Reach has attracted plenty of interest as a result of his form with the Owls so far this term.

The 25-year-old - who can cover the left-back and left wing positions — has netted six goals in all competitions and has featured in all 21 of Sheffield Wenesday's league matches so far this season.

And while a left sided player isn't at the top of Warnock's list of priorities, BetVictor have Cardiff as the 5/1 second favourites to sign Reach in January.

Reach started his career at Middlesbrough and has loan spells with Darlington, Shrewsbury, Bradford and Preston prior to his switch to Hillsborough in 2016.

BetVictor Odds: Wolves 4/1, Cardiff City 5/1, Huddersfield 6/1, Burnley, Southampton, Leeds 8/1, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa 12/1, Derby, Leicester 16/1.

Any of these take your fancy? :ayatollah:
Attachments
Dominic Solanke.jpg
Dominic Solanke.jpg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
Adam Reach.jpg
Adam Reach.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BOOKIES: FOUR PLAYERS LINKED TO BLUEBIRDS

Postby Sven » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 am

Of those, only Solanke and Clyne would be impressive signings to me :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Deano1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Clyne only for me
Deano1

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Clyne on loan but only if we sign a striker first.
2blue2handle

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Not sure Liverpool will let Clyne out on loan now, with Matip and Gomez both injuried and TAA went off with a knock at the weekend, don’t think Liverpool are going to risk letting him go. Defoe’s linked with a number of championship clubs and a couple even from league one!! Surely we’d be able to get him in, would have to buy tho as we already have arter from Bournemouth.
Edwardsccfc16

Return to General Chat