Updated: Another transfer Rumour that Cardiff/Fulham want

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 pm

According to HITC were after Jarrod Bowen from Hull.
Great future investment for £5M but I can't see him as likely to jump into the premier league and make much difference.

UPDATED:

Cardiff City and Fulham chase transfer for Hull City star Jarrod Bowen — reports from HITC/Media Wales /Daily Mail

Wednesday 12th December 2018

Cardiff City and Fulham are chasing Hull City starlet Jarrod Bowen, according to reports.

The Sun claim the talented 21-year-old, who was the club's player of the year last season, could be available for £5million when the transfer window opens next month.

Bowen has scored six goals this season, to add to the 15 goals he netted for the Tigers last term.

But despite Hull having long fended off interest in their young star, he could move on in January or at the end of the season with his contract at the KCom Stadium expiring in June 2020.

Looking to Cardiff City's January transfer window

Cardiff have already been linked with Nottingham Forest star Joe Lolley in recent weeks, but the wide positions don't appear to be a priority in the transfer market for Neil Warnock as things stand.

Warnock wants a striker, right-back and central midfielder to help his side's survival bid.
Attachments
0_JS139779668.jpg
0_JS139779668.jpg (62.08 KiB) Viewed 6922 times
SirJimmySchoular

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Another transfer Rumour

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 pm

We don’t need future investment at this stage, we need present investment to see us over the line, we can’t afford to take chances. He must get this right. If he signs the rights players and has a good window we will stay up.
Mr Potato

Re: Updated: Another transfer Rumour that Cardiff/Fulham wan

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Cardiff City and Fulham are chasing Hull City starlet Jarrod Bowen, according to reports.

The Sun claim the talented 21-year-old, who was the club's player of the year last season, could be available for £5million when the transfer window opens next month.

Bowen has scored six goals this season, to add to the 15 goals he netted for the Tigers last term.

But despite Hull having long fended off interest in their young star, he could move on in January or at the end of the season with his contract at the KCom Stadium expiring in June 2020.

Looking to Cardiff City's January transfer window

Cardiff have already been linked with Nottingham Forest star Joe Lolley in recent weeks, but the wide positions don't appear to be a priority in the transfer market for Neil Warnock as things stand.

Warnock wants a striker, right-back and central midfielder to help his side's survival bid.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:17 am

Always looked good from what I've seen. I'd be happy with this signing but only if get the other 3 over the line first.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Dange » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:23 am

This may actually have legs, Madine wants to go back up North with Hull being a distinct possibility (from the horses mouth) so maybe a swap + cash deal to be had?
Dange

Postby Saturdaykid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Just read he had trials with us as a youngster but ended up at Hereford United.when they went through he went to Hull. Can also play for Wales
Saturdaykid

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Saturdaykid wrote:Just read he had trials with us as a youngster but ended up at Hereford United.when they went through he went to Hull. Can also play for Wales

Jason son :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Saturdaykid wrote:Just read he had trials with us as a youngster but ended up at Hereford United.when they went through he went to Hull. Can also play for Wales

I didn't realise he could play for Wales.
Just checked and you correct! Get him signed up Giggs FFS
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 pm

He apparently turned Wales down but if he signs for us and learns the National Anthem who knows?
HarriRhys22

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Played at Hereford with my son He has texted him to see if any truth and the reply is the rumours on here are the first he knows of it . Also I don’t think he is eligible for Wales at all
Milkybarkid

Postby Saturdaykid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 pm

I think one of his parents are Welsh. He was born in Leominster. Just over the border
Saturdaykid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Saturdaykid wrote:I think one of his parents are Welsh. He was born in Leominster. Just over the border

He can 100% play for Wales :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Saturdaykid wrote:I think one of his parents are Welsh. He was born in Leominster. Just over the border

Do you know how he qualifies ?
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:

Do you know how he qualifies ? As he has never said he can
Milkybarkid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:

I checked online on a couple of different websites and it seems that his second nationality is Welsh.
Saying 100% isn't entirely true but It looks to be :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:

I checked online on a couple of different websites and it seems that his second nationality is Welsh.

Hull mail says the following : -

Bowen has previously been sounded out by the Football Association of Wales, first with a view to represent their under-18s and more recently their under-21s.

Several high-profile English-born youngsters, including Liverpool’s Ben Woodburn and David Brooks of Sheffield United, have pledged their futures to Wales in recent months but Bowen’s allegiances are understood to be with England.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluesman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:12 pm

He qualifies for Wales because he once took a Welsh Border Collie for a walk.
Bluesman

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:28 am

What happens if one parent was born in either England or Wales before borders changed in the 1960's in some places ?
Does a player qualify for parents country as it was at the time of the parents birth , or as it is now ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:56 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:

Hull mail says the following : -

Bowen has previously been sounded out by the Football Association of Wales, first with a view to represent their under-18s and more recently their under-21s.

Several high-profile English-born youngsters, including Liverpool’s Ben Woodburn and David Brooks of Sheffield United, have pledged their futures to Wales in recent months but Bowen’s allegiances are understood to be with England.

some players only want to represent the nationality that they feel they are....Giggs said this umpteen times throughout his career...not that it did him much good ..hundreds have used our flag as a way of playing at a level they otherwise would never have achieved...but lets abuse the ones that feel Welsh.... :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Return to General Chat