Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sala rumour won't go / plus now saying talks have been h

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:I would be more concerned that Sala is having a purple patch this year in much the same way as Bobby Reid did at Bristol and is not a good guide as to what we can expect in future.

Personally I would look at a lone for someone like Niasse rather than risking a lot of money on an unknown who may or may not be able to replicate his scoring feats in a "foreign country", in a tougher league and on a regular basis.

I tend to agree with you. He doesn't seem to have the greatest of first touches either. I think someone on this board posted a link to an article that said he was often seen as a figure of fun in the way he moves.

Made me think about Adrian Alston for anyone around in those days.

....I raise you "Garry Stevens"! :laughing6:

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Salsa is not just going through a temporary purple patch.He has scored 42 in114 games for Nantes and scored loads for the other clubs he has been with though some may have been in the French second division. Never seen him play but he sounds better than what we have.

Re: Sala rumour won't go

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Ketteringblues wrote:After watching the link, I don’t think any of the goals were of any ‘quality’ or any better than what we already have. Spending £18 million? Nah don’t think so.
If we are looking to spend silly money, then I’d rather some young U21 striker from say the Bundersleague or even Ibrahimovic on loan.

Ibrahimovic on loan!!!! Holy f*cking Christmas someone ring the loony bin!

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

This is a forum where people can express there views is it not?
Especially without abuse. Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant. There is no need for that response.
If the aim of the January window was to simply keep us up, then how much would it cost to loan that type of player for a few months? I wouldn’t have thought 18 million. I don’t know?
I note you also failed to mention I also stated perhaps a younger player from one of the best leagues in Europe.
Why don’t you try to contribute to the thread so everyone can judge your views.
The funny thing is you actually go on to agree with me that he didn’t look that great on the short clip.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:39 am

What we need is another Calum Patterson

Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:45 am

He's 28? But joint top goal scorer in league 1 with mbebbe.