Sala rumour won't go / plus now saying talks have been held

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:24 pm

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/11/d ... n-18m-emi/
Hitc not the best website to listen to but this report now saying it's £18 million and we've held talks?

Report: Cardiff City leading Premier League quartet in £18m Emiliano Sala chase

HITC

Nantes' Ligue 1 striker Emiliano Sala is reportedly a target for Cardiff City, Fulham, West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Southampton.

Nantes' Argentinian forward Emiliano Sala celebrates after scoring a goal during the French L1 football match between Nantes (FC) and Guingamp (EAG), on November 4, 2018, at the La...

Nantes fans will hardly be counting down the days until the January transfer window swings open. Because it seems that the Ligue 1 side are set to lose their star striker Emiliano Sala in the New Year, with a number of Premier League clubs keeping tabs on the Argentine.

According to France Football, Fulham, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Southampton are all tracking the 6ft 3ins target man, who has scored 12 goals in just 13 starts in the French top flight so far this season.

Last 7 U23 Players to Score Premier League Hat-Tricks: Where Are They Now?

But France Football are claiming that Cardiff City are at the front of the queue right now, having already held discussions with Sala.

Neil Warnock’s side have been forced to rely upon converted full-back Callum Paterson for goals of late. But the former Bordeaux centre-forward could be the sort of reliable striker the Bluebirds need if they are to avoid an immediate return to the Championship.

Nantes' Argentine forward Emiliano Sala kicks the ball during the French L1 Football match between Rennes (Stade Rennais FC) and Nantes (FC), on November 11, 2018, at the Roazhon Park, in...

France Football claims that offers for Sala are expected to be in the region of £18 million. And, if Cardiff are willing to pay such a fee, that would make him their record signing ahead of Chilean midfielder Gary Medel.

With big spending clubs like West Ham and Fulham also keen, this would be a big coup for Cardiff.
Attachments
nantes_argentinian_forward_emiliano_sala_celebrates_after_scorin_979856.jpg
nantes_argentinian_forward_emiliano_sala_celebrates_after_scorin_979856.jpg (37.81 KiB) Viewed 7762 times
Pantmawr Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sala rumour won't go

Postby Igovernor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Igovernor

Postby maltablue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Want to get it sorted then asap before the pound collapses against the euro 18 mill on jan1st pre sale contract
maltablue

Postby maltablue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Want to get it sorted then asap before the pound collapses against the euro 18 mill on jan1st pre sale contract
maltablue

Postby Ketteringblues » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 pm

After watching the link, I don’t think any of the goals were of any ‘quality’ or any better than what we already have. Spending £18 million? Nah don’t think so.
If we are looking to spend silly money, then I’d rather some young U21 striker from say the Bundersleague or even Ibrahimovic on loan.
Ketteringblues

Postby Bluesman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Watched Salary on u tube and he looks s natural goalscorer. Scores with both feet from close and long range. Also scores with his head. Would like to see him play for City.
Bluesman

Re: Sala rumour won't go / plus now saying talks have been h

Postby Chris Holmes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 pm

In other good news Emiliano Sala shares the same agent (Meïssa Ndiay) as Sol Bamba, so maybe this story has some legs.

http://www.sportcover.co
Chris Holmes

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 pm

For sure we need a back up to the messiah, am all for staying within ur means and always a risk but if you sign a player that you can ship out of relegation happens and either recoup make money or take a small hit then it’s a small risk.

For example caulker and model were always going to hold value, acorn was a gamble. This lad is 28 so might be a gamble from his age point of view but if he keeps us up it’s worth every penny.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby nubbsy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Gary medal record signing?
nubbsy

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:After watching the link, I don’t think any of the goals were of any ‘quality’ or any better than what we already have. Spending £18 million? Nah don’t think so.
If we are looking to spend silly money, then I’d rather some young U21 striker from say the Bundersleague or even Ibrahimovic on loan.

To be fair i doubt warnock and the club base their judgement on spending the money from watching a link off youtube of his goals this season. Sure the scouts have done their job and warnock and his coaching staff have also watched him.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby LaBamba » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 pm

https://youtu.be/p8gzQ0RFnuE

Obviously 8 mins isn’t enough to go off but he looks like ticks all boxes. Even if he can only carry this good form till the end of the season, if he scores 12 goals he’s been worth it.
LaBamba

Postby Ketteringblues » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Ketteringblues wrote:After watching the link, I don’t think any of the goals were of any ‘quality’ or any better than what we already have. Spending £18 million? Nah don’t think so.

To be fair i doubt warnock and the club base their judgement on spending the money from watching a link off youtube of his goals this season. Sure the scouts have done their job and warnock and his coaching staff have also watched him.

Yes I agree entirely.
I’ve not seen anything of him, unlike NW or the scouts involved.
All I can base my opinion on is by what I saw and that was no ‘worldies’ or amazing skill or anything better than what we already have. Spunking that amount of money seems odd, when Niase or whatever his name is at Everton is already proven at Premiership level and I’d imagine would be considerably cheaper.
Just a thought, we’ll have to wait and see what happens. :bluescarf:
Ketteringblues

Postby MoodyBluebird » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 pm

[quote="Ketteringblues"]After watching the link, I don’t think any of the goals were of any ‘quality’ or any better than what we already have. Spending £18 million? Nah don’t think so.
If we are looking to spend silly money, then I’d rather some young U21 striker from say the Bundersleague or even Ibrahimovic on loan.[/quote

I know what you mean but based purely on the "quality" of Hoilett's goal against Wolves you would assume him to be worth between £50m - £100m, so it's not really the best way to assess a player's true worth.
MoodyBluebird

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 am

I would be more concerned that Sala is having a purple patch this year in much the same way as Bobby Reid did at Bristol and is not a good guide as to what we can expect in future.

Personally I would look at a lone for someone like Niasse rather than risking a lot of money on an unknown who may or may not be able to replicate his scoring feats in a "foreign country", in a tougher league and on a regular basis.
MoodyBluebird

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:13 am

I meant "loan" !!
MoodyBluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 am

Ibrahimovic on loan :lol: :lol: :lol:

f*cking class joke that one.
Llan_Blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 am

Well some players have the knack of scoring when the opportunity comes along. That's a rare thing and costs a lot of money .
I don't know what the 'quality' of goals means - do they count double or something ?
We could have won by five goals against Southampton if we'd had a natural striker because the boys were creating plenty of chances.
We don't know for certain whether this bloke or anyone else can transfer his goal knack here, but that's true for any player really. It's always going to be a bit of a gamble therefore , but I know we're at a stage where we need to take some action to improve the situation and, as someone pointed out I doubt they're basing it on watching an YouTube clip.
Even so, it's not quality of goals we need but quantity, and it seems likely that if he can do it so regularly in the French League that he might be able to do it here.

Ridiculously £18M isn't a lot of money for a premiership quality player today and whether this is the right player for us or not , we can't expect to pay much less than that, and we can't expect to progress unless we strengthen the team where it's needed. I doubt that it's an amount that can't be recouped from premiership revenues or future fees in any case
SirJimmySchoular

Postby streamfeeder » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:46 am

Igovernor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zTjWOU_uhM

looks like just what we need, skillful, aggressive, very good in the air, and one thing we have got to offer over any other side in for him is he would go straight into the starting line up.Not sure what the no quality goals comments are all about some of the headers were top class and a couple of decent finishes from the edge of the box as well.
streamfeeder

Postby Bluesman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:02 am

Not to sure about leaving it to our scouting staff. Did they assess Madine before paying 6 million or Reid for 8million or whatever we actually paid.
Bluesman

Postby Alan_in_China » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:I would be more concerned that Sala is having a purple patch this year in much the same way as Bobby Reid did at Bristol and is not a good guide as to what we can expect in future.

Personally I would look at a lone for someone like Niasse rather than risking a lot of money on an unknown who may or may not be able to replicate his scoring feats in a "foreign country", in a tougher league and on a regular basis.

I tend to agree with you. He doesn't seem to have the greatest of first touches either. I think someone on this board posted a link to an article that said he was often seen as a figure of fun in the way he moves.
Alan_in_China

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:51 am

For those of you saying Niasse would be a better option have you looked at his goal scoring and appearance record over the last few seasons !?

Also he’s a small striker that does not, naturally , fit into our style.

Salam is a big striker who could easily play on his own upfront. As for the price, for strikers you just have to pay, simple.
piledriver64

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

Ibrahimovic on loan :lol: :lol: :lol:

f*cking class joke that one.

I was thinking this :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 am

Exactly what we need from looking at clips but you can make anyone look good on youtube.
Hopefully it comes off and he keeps us up :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pengamblue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:26 am

Go get him city looks class
pengamblue

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 am

I just hope Neil isnt confused and thinks we are getting Salah from Liverpool on a steal!
welshrarebit

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Bluesman wrote:Watched Salary on u tube and he looks s natural goalscorer. Scores with both feet from close and long range. Also scores with his head. Would like to see him play for City.

'both feet' ? from what I saw - if the same video - all with his right....
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Ibrahimovic on loan!!!! Holy f*cking Christmas someone ring the loony bin!

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:12 pm

On a more serious note...

I've heard this Sala is a bit cumbersome and unwieldy and from the video he does look a bit akward. But then as mentioned above we can't tell sod all from a few clips.

I just hope if the rumour is true then our staff are 100% sure he can hit the ground running because if he's a dud it would be a disaster to say the least.
nubbsy

Postby montyblue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Exactly what we need somebody akward in their play and can push defenders around just like patters and knows where the goal is we don' t want ronaldo with attidude just somebody that can score with there feet and head "regulary"
montyblue

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:I would be more concerned that Sala is having a purple patch this year in much the same way as Bobby Reid did at Bristol and is not a good guide as to what we can expect in future.

I tend to agree with you. He doesn't seem to have the greatest of first touches either. I think someone on this board posted a link to an article that said he was often seen as a figure of fun in the way he moves.

Made me think about Adrian Alston for anyone around in those days.
Welshman in CA

Next

Return to General Chat