Hello

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hello

Postby MarkDavies » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Recently just signed up here.

I'm Mark Davies and, although I have a Welsh name and am from Wales, I now live in Nottingham and (for my sins) am a Forest fan. However, I do have a soft spot for Cardiff City and of course the legendary Robert Earnshaw links our two great clubs.

I have noticed that in 2019 Cardiff City will be 120 years old, so I was wondering if there are currently any plans to celebrate this achievement? Forest celebrated their 150th in 2015 (us being the third oldest League club, County and Stoke City being the other two) and we had a fans game at The City Ground which was a good laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB0X3XU3iU4

Would this be something which Cardiff City fans would be interested in?

We also had a brief mini series on Forest Player, around this time, when a number of former players (and one former manager) talking about their time at The City Ground - including Robert Earnshaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_A9YgNkr8

Would some former Cardiff City players possibly be interested in doing something similar in the run-up to Cardiff City's 120th anniversary?

Anyway, congratulations on a great win against Southampton, and hopefully we'll see you in the Premiership next season (it has been about 20 years for us!)

Best wishes :thumbup:
MarkDavies

Hello

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hello

Postby Juventus Blue » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm

MarkDavies wrote:Recently just signed up here.

I'm Mark Davies and, although I have a Welsh name and am from Wales, I now live in Nottingham and (for my sins) am a Forest fan. However, I do have a soft spot for Cardiff City and of course the legendary Robert Earnshaw links our two great clubs.

I have noticed that in 2019 Cardiff City will be 120 years old, so I was wondering if there are currently any plans to celebrate this achievement? Forest celebrated their 150th in 2015 (us being the third oldest League club, County and Stoke City being the other two) and we had a fans game at The City Ground which was a good laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB0X3XU3iU4

Would this be something which Cardiff City fans would be interested in?

We also had a brief mini series on Forest Player, around this time, when a number of former players (and one former manager) talking about their time at The City Ground - including Robert Earnshaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_A9YgNkr8

Would some former Cardiff City players possibly be interested in doing something similar in the run-up to Cardiff City's 120th anniversary?

Anyway, congratulations on a great win against Southampton, and hopefully we'll see you in the Premiership next season (it has been about 20 years for us!)

Best wishes :thumbup:

Hi Mark I’ve sent you a private message mate :thumbup:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Fans game at the City stadium, I’m up for it :lol:
I’ll speak to Ken.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Juventus Blue » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Fans game at the City stadium, I’m up for it :lol:
I’ll speak to Ken.

:lol: :lol: :lol: go for it fella :thumbup:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:30 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
I’ll speak to Ken.

You mean zohore :lol: :lol: he could play on the fans side,seeing as he spends most of his time watching the team these days :laughing5:
bluesince62

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:05 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
I’ll speak to Ken.

You mean zohore :lol: :lol: he could play on the fans side,seeing as he spends most of his time watching the team these days :laughing5:

To be honest I'd need to see a lot more commitment from him before he got selected for the fans team, although perhaps Forest Fans XI would be interested in having him on a free transfer . They could also have Tomlin back at the same time
SirJimmySchoular

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:44 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Juventus Blue wrote:
I’ll speak to Ken.

To be honest I'd need to see a lot more commitment from him before he got selected for the fans team, although perhaps Forest Fans XI would be interested in having him on a free transfer . They could also have Tomlin back at the same time

:notworthy: fair comment :laughing5: he looked a very disinterested fan today :lol:
bluesince62

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 am

This could be expanded . We've got a bloke here who does Israeli style unarmed combat, so why not have an event where, under his guidance and captaincy , we have a big punch up with their fans after we've played football.
I know that didn't work out when we did it with Aston Villa, but this is different . It would be controlled and properly refereed, with a risk assessment carried out first by the council and everyone wearing hockey helmets during the actual fighting.

Nottingham itself is quite urban and very built up these days, so I suggest that we could meet up at the very pleasant tourist centre in Sherwood Forrest and make a day of it with lunch in the restaurant and, for those who are interested , I'd be prepared to lead a party into the Forrest itself during the evening searching for Sasquash , but making sure that we stick together for safety from the "merry men " who I'm told lurk in the undergrowth after dusk.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:49 am

(It's a pity I haven't got something better to do than write this sort of crap, isn't it )
SirJimmySchoular

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:(It's a pity I haven't got something better to do than write this sort of crap, isn't it )

I think people are getting used to that crap you write now on virtually every thread made. :laughing6: ;)
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat