Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jordan Mutch

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 am

He could be a good signing on the cheap if he’s stayed fit and motivated at whitecaps, only 27 and didn’t do bad for us during his 2 yrs here he was just injury prone but I’m hoping if rumours are true that his injuries are behind him, he’s good at dead ball situations and corners, would be rotated squad player at best mind

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am

Well if this the ambition we are going to go with we are f..ked as i said how many clubs in the Premier would be looking to sign even for free a player the canadians don't want, when i listen to all the players been lined up in the tranfer window from different premier clubs i despair it makes us a laughing stock with this ambitious move even vicent said who, not mutch, and neil said we can get him for free though.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 am

montyblue wrote:Well if this the ambition we are going to go with we are f..ked as i said how many clubs in the Premier would be looking to sign even for free a player the canadians don't want, when i listen to all the players been lined up in the tranfer window from different premier clubs i despair it makes us a laughing stock with this ambitious move even vicent said who, not mutch, and neil said we can get him for free though.

What a buffoon you're, injury free on his day he offers more than Ralls, he also has more prem experience, can pick out a better pass and hit a better dead ball.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:04 am

montyblue wrote:Well if this the ambition we are going to go with we are f..ked as i said how many clubs in the Premier would be looking to sign even for free a player the canadians don't want, when i listen to all the players been lined up in the tranfer window from different premier clubs i despair it makes us a laughing stock with this ambitious move even vicent said who, not mutch, and neil said we can get him for free though.

tend to agree with you, its not even like he was great the first time, an ok player in a poor team the 2nd year and someone that struggled to make the team in his first year....44 starts out of a possible 84 and got taken off in 20 of those...and looking at his career since ,those 2 years seemed to be his purple patch.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

dogfound wrote:

tend to agree with you, its not even like he was great the first time, an ok player in a poor team the 2nd year and someone that struggled to make the team in his first year....44 starts out of a possible 84 and got taken off in 20 of those...and looking at his career since ,those 2 years seemed to be his purple patch.

Yep, that's how I see it. A few decent performances last time here but not really a stand out player in a team that dropped off massively after Christmas and Malkygate; although a couple of very good goals (Fulham away springs to mind) may have elevated his status

Not sure why Wolfpack is calling anyone a buffoon, as his comment (quote) "injury free on his day he offers more than Ralls, he also has more prem experience, can pick out a better pass and hit a better dead ball" is surely based on Jordan Mutch' last time at the CCS, as he's not really done much (excuse the pun) since then, has he?

Didn't set the world on fire at QPR and a quick look at his record at Palace doesn't inspire and there has to be a question mark on a player that is pretty much universally universally mocked by Palace fans who are laughing at the thought of him joining us

I'd be surprised if this is anything but a rumour (or agent manoeuvring) but only time will tell :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am

Why go for Jordan Mutch When We Should And Could Get Gary Medel

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:36 am

Seems unlikely to me despite the reports in the papers.

Only made 8 MLS starts in 18 appearances for Vancouver Whitecaps, out of a 34 match season. Not sure if he was injured or just not selected for the other games.

He was scheduled to stay until the end of December, but the Whitecaps did not make the playoffs so he wouldn't be playing anyway until next February if he stayed.

They didn't exercise their option to buy, but there are quite tight controls on budgets and overseas players in MLS so it may be that they didn't have room for him in their squad rather than not wanting him for how he played.

It would be a low cost low risk option, but 2 questions occur to me:-

1). Who would he replace in the 25 man Premier League squad? Who would he be better than?

2). Its a long time since he played at Premier League level - MLS is barely lower half Championship standard for most teams, apart from one or two teams with big stars. It would be a big step up on what he's done recently.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am

Crystal Palace fans react to reports Jordon Mutch could leave for Cardiff City in January
By Aiden Cusick

Crystal Palace fans are reacting to reports linking Jordon Mutch with a move to Cardiff City.

According to Sky Sports (December 5 liveblog, 12:14), the Palace midfielder could make a 'surprise return' to the Cardiff City Stadium in January.

Mutch is due back at Selhurst Park after a year on loan to Vancouver Whitecaps, who it is claimed have declined to take up their option of a permanent transfer.

Mutch spent two seasons at Cardiff earlier in the decade, the first of which ended in promotion to the Premier League.

But the midfielder was sold to Queens Park Rangers following the Bluebirds' relegation in 2014, and moved to Crystal Palace for £5.71 million (Transfermarkt) after the R's suffered the same fate the a year later.

Mutch has played 40 times for Palace in total, but not since January 2017 competitively.

And with little more than six months left on his contract, the 27-year-old may be on the move again in 2019.

But how would those of a Crystal Palace persuasion feel about parting with Mutch (as if we had to ask)?

This is what they're saying on Twitter...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Christ we will be seeking rob earshaw out next because he played for vancouver and cardiff.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:19 pm

He bombed at Reading on loan.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/09/d ... ts-celtic/

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Agree.

If this turns out to be true then I'd say we don't deserve to stay in the Premier League.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Seems unlikely to me despite the reports in the papers.

Only made 8 MLS starts in 18 appearances for Vancouver Whitecaps, out of a 34 match season. Not sure if he was injured or just not selected for the other games.

He was scheduled to stay until the end of December, but the Whitecaps did not make the playoffs so he wouldn't be playing anyway until next February if he stayed.

They didn't exercise their option to buy, but there are quite tight controls on budgets and overseas players in MLS so it may be that they didn't have room for him in their squad rather than not wanting him for how he played.

It would be a low cost low risk option, but 2 questions occur to me:-

1). Who would he replace in the 25 man Premier League squad? Who would he be better than?

2). Its a long time since he played at Premier League level - MLS is barely lower half Championship standard for most teams, apart from one or two teams with big stars. It would be a big step up on what he's done recently.

That's my thoughts mate who would he replace in the 25. Nobody for me, no point bringing anyone in unless they improve us and not convinced he would.

I don't think he'd be necceserilly be low cost either. He'd be looking for 25 k a week I reckon at least and a signing on fee.