Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Mutch

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Don't shoot the messenger, but Sky Sports News say Cardiff are to re-sign Jordan Mutch from Crystal Palace via Vancouver Whitecaps. I for one would not mind this.

Thoughts anyone? :ayatollah:

Wednesday 5th December 2018

Jordon Mutch a January transfer target for Cardiff City
By Sky Sports News

Cardiff City are interested in re-signing midfielder Jordon Mutch from Crystal Palace, Sky Sports News understands.

Mutch left Cardiff four-and-a-half years ago after two seasons in the Welsh capital but is now wanted back by the Premier League side.

The 27-year-old joined Crystal Palace - via Queens Park Rangers, in 2015, but has only made 18 starts for the Eagles since then.

Mutch is currently on loan at Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS but the Canadian club have not taken up their option to sign the midfielder on a permanent deal.

Now Cardiff are interested in signing him back, once the January transfer window opens, Sky Sports News has been told.

Mutch scored seven goals in 57 league appearances for Cardiff between 2012 and 2014.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jordan Mutch

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Not for me.Injury prone?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Cant fit camarassa in centre midfield never mind mutch

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:45 pm

that mutch link is appearing more and more i hope its not true

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Everything Warnock has said so far about the January window points to a right back, striker and defensive midfielder being the targets. Jordan Mutch is none of those - even if he has somehow found his best form and fitness (which seems unlikely).

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Doesn't make sense to me this one. Not a Warnock type player, NW has stated cover for Gunner and a forward his priority, add to that Vancouver don't want him means to me he's not fit. I think this is just lazy journalism and being a palace player he's automatically linked to NW.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Without a doubt this would be a pointless signing, im hoping its just paper talk if Warnock really thinks he is what we need then we need a new manager :lol: :banghead:

We have Reid who he spent 10/12m on to play behind the striker, we have Patterson, we have Camaras who can do a job no doubt as a number 10 why on earth would we want him :lol:

jon1959 wrote:Everything Warnock has said so far about the January window points to a right back, striker and defensive midfielder being the targets. Jordan Mutch is none of those - even if he has somehow found his best form and fitness (which seems unlikely).

Except yesterday when he seemed to think the defence was fine :shock:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 pm

dont see the problem with signing Jordan Mutch. he will be cheap and is a good player.
i saw him as more box to box than attacking. hes better than the likes of Damour and possibly Ralls.
got his fitness up in America. if hes cheap then i would take him.done well for us in the prem the last time.
Damour wants to go, and Mutch is a better replacement when he leaves

Re: LATEST RUMOUR: MUTCH TO DO ABOUT NOTHING?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

I tend to take any player rumours as just that...rumours, as City modernly tend to keep things in-house and usually spring surprises when any signings are announced

I can see why Jordan Mutch might be seen as a potential signing, he did well for us last time here, but it wouldn't particularly inspire me. He has, after all, hardly made an impact at a struggling Crystal Palace and was loaned out to a Canadian club who now say they don't want him

Sky seem to be well informed though... :?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Does warnock see him as a player who can play defensive midfield as back up to gunnar if needed? Or arter as defensive midfield and mutch further forward in arters position?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:22 pm

18 starts in 3 years, injury prone, rejected by Vancouver white Caps! SIGN HIM UP!!!

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:18 starts in 3 years, injury prone, rejected by Vancouver white Caps! SIGN HIM UP!!!

Perfect fit for City in recent years, Jack! :thumbright: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Looks like silly season is about to start again (Press, not the OP). I expect this to be nonsense, just like the several hundred other names we will soon be associated with.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 pm

If he's free, take him ;)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Surely we need to be looking for something better than Jordan Mutch? A young hungry player, and not Tomlin, that wants to make a name for himself; not someone who has been around the block and will be taking up a squad place. Almost as bad as someone on the Forum suggesting Charlie Adams (ex Blackpool/Stoke). You have to ask yourself how many Premier League teams would take these players?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm

montyblue wrote:Surely we need to be looking for something better than Jordan Mutch? A young hungry player, and not Tomlin, that wants to make a name for himself; not someone who has been around the block and will be taking up a squad place. Almost as bad as someone on the Forum suggesting Charlie Adams (ex Blackpool/Stoke). You have to ask yourself how many Premier League teams would take these players?

One probably.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:18 starts in 3 years, injury prone, rejected by Vancouver white Caps! SIGN HIM UP!!!

To be fair since Warnock we've done pretty well with signings. Bar one particular player whos name ironically rhymes with goal machine.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

good for cover and been in the premiership with us he was one of our best players with medel and only 27 not like hes 35 or something better than ralls

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Would be a terrible signing even on a free

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:44 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:

To be fair since Warnock we've done pretty well with signings. Bar one particular player whos name ironically rhymes with goal machine.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Rubbish signing.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:46 pm

selling him was one of the best bits of business the club has done..

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Along with Medel he was our star midfielder during our last Premier outing but that was 5 years ago and an awful lot of water had flowed under the bridge. Not an inspiring signing now.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 pm

He could do a job for us, he has history with us and of course scoring goals from outside the box so the move overall is 50/50 because this is like saying that Cardiff are to re-sign Gary Medel. I know they are completely different players but we have no idea how well he will do unless we put him on trial.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Sad to see how his career has gone, I still have belief in his ability...put the lad on trial and if he performs well and is fit then sign him up Neil!

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Nah,Much of a Muchness

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm

No thanks

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:07 am

Sam ReaN wrote:He could do a job for us, he has history with us and of course scoring goals from outside the box so the move overall is 50/50 because this is like saying that Cardiff are to re-sign Gary Medel. I know they are completely different players but we have no idea how well he will do unless we put him on trial.

No,not really,as medel is still playing at a good level with besiktas,and mutch,although free,is not wanted by a Canadian club ffs,a CANADIAN CLUB! Only 27,but not deemed good enough for them?? :roll: m

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:24 am

He's never been up to mutch.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:58 am

I agree with all the above but the BBC are reporting it as fact this morning. I've got no idea what would make us consider it