Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

They worked hard and gave everything but not enough class up front. Tyler Roberts and Lawrence were poor though they both tried their best.
Missed 4 excellent chances that should have been put away. You can’t do that and expect to win a game.
It’s a game we should have won.

Re: Wales

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Ninianparkspecial wrote:They worked hard and gave everything but not enough class up front. Tyler Roberts and Lawrence were poor though they both tried their best.
Missed 4 excellent chances that should have been put away. You can’t do that and expect to win a game.

He needs to stop experimenting with strikers and just play Bale up front with Lawrence, Ramsey and Brooks behind him as that is our best front 4 by a mile.
This Wales team picks itself in my opinion

Our strikers are just not good enough no matter how hard they try unfortunatly.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 pm

The biggest problem was the midfield and defence for me. When the Danes had the ball there were massive gaps in the midfield and wasn't overly impressed with the full backs apart from Gunter. Bale didn't look match fit and why was Rambo playing a dm with Allen playing a more forward role?

However the young guns impressed me going forward. Brooks...well he was outstanding. That lad will go onto big things.

Over all I'm disappointed BUT with our squad being young I'm impressed and I have high hopes for the euro qualifiers.

Cymru am byth.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 pm

[quote="thomasblue"][quote="Ninianparkspecial"]They worked hard and gave everything but not enough class up front. Tyler Roberts and Lawrence were poor though they both tried their best.

Spot on......the 2 players you named are the same ones I thought we're poor. I am not a big Vokes fan but we had Good chances from headers and he would have been far more effective in the 9 role considering the set up / system we played. In fairness to Gifts the injuries to defenders limited his sub options. :bluebird:

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Same old same old

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Team selection was wrong today. How can you play one of our world class players as sitting CM.

Vokes up top
Bale, Rambo & Brooks just Behind to cause havoc.

Get 2 Sitting CM behind them Allen & ampadu

Ok we missed Davies tonight but 2 attacking full backs. Say thanks and goodbye to Williams and get some youth and pace to play alongside Chester.

Job done!!

Lawrence, Roberts, Wilson e.g. they can do a job but if Rambo, Bale & Brooks are fit they've got to be our attacking options especially agaisnt the top sides!! Massive positive was Brooks tonight!! Would have loved to have signed him for the City!!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Team selection was wrong today. How can you play one of our world class players as sitting CM.

Vokes up top
Bale, Rambo & Brooks just Behind to cause havoc.

Get 2 Sitting CM behind them Allen & ampadu

Ok we missed Davies tonight but 2 attacking full backs. Say thanks and goodbye to Williams and get some youth and pace to play alongside Chester.

Job done!!

Lawrence, Roberts, Wilson e.g. they can do a job but if Rambo, Bale & Brooks are fit they've got to be our attacking options especially agaisnt the top sides!! Massive positive was Brooks tonight!! Would have loved to have signed him for the City!!

Agree with all that. The other alternative was to play Bale up front with Ramsey just behind him and have Brooks and Lawrence/Wilson on the wings. We played one attacker too many and the balance of the team was wrong. Giggs is still naive and tactically gets things wrong, but hopefully he will learn from this and improve.

Ramsey in a deeper role had me tearing my hair out though. Would Denmark ever play Eriksen in a deeper position where he's nowhere near as effective? No! :banghead:

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Agree and I know Bale scored playing as a 9 today but for me I think Brooks, Bale & Rambo all play better coming onto the ball! Therefore they play in the attacking 3 everytime for me and you build a team around them! Tell Vokes to smash anything that moves up top and get those 3 picking up second balls in dangerous areas. If they then choose to push up just train and practice with Bale running from deep, the ball over Vokes for Bale to run on to! I'm sure Giggs knows a lot more about management than me but we just don't play to our strengths! I could understand if Bale and Rambo we're injured that's the price we pay for being a small nation. We clearly didn't play our best players in their best position today!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Poor formation tonight , cannot play Ramsey in that position , made Allen look poor because he had to cover the space left by Ramsey. That said I thing the youngsters will come good .

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 am

Ninianparkspecial wrote:They worked hard and gave everything but not enough class up front. Tyler Roberts and Lawrence were poor though they both tried their best.

agree thought both those were out of their depth......but how important was this game ? win the group and it enters you in another group of 4 , all beit knock out ~{ of in form teams } with only the winner qualifying...don't win...and should we not qualify through the main group stages there is every likelihood we will be replacements in these knock outs anyway..

Giggs is still new, still learning and possibly experimenting.