Not good enough butt :old:
Bananas

Giggs out!!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Giggs out!!

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Not his greatest fan but he didn’t do too much wrong tonight.

If Chesters could head the ball we would have been 2-0 up before Denmark scored.

I still think we have a rosey future with this squad.
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:34 am

piledriver64 wrote:Not his greatest fan but he didn’t do too much wrong tonight.

If Chesters could head the ball we would have been 2-0 up before Denmark scored.

I still think we have a rosey future with this squad.

Early days for him and players, should have had 2 goals so could they have had couple but only last ditch defending by us prevented them scoring! Unfortunately the two forced subs totally ruined any chance to change things as much as he may have wanted to so hopefully he'll learn from this and keep bale up the field and not defending inside own half like he was up to 60 mins :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:33 am

Bananas wrote:Not good enough butt :old:

had a few decent chances to have won tonight and his competitive start is 2 wins out of 4 which aint bad.
Coleman lost his first 5 and then took us to a SEMI FINAL FFS...give him a chance
dogfound

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Bananas wrote:Not good enough butt :old:

Who would you have to replace him?
theclaw

Postby northernbluebird » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm

we've clearly been inconsistent so far. ultimately giggs should be judged on how we do in competitive qualifying and bringing youngsters through.

we've got a good crop of youngsters at the minute, with ramsey and bale in their prime. i think we'll do very well under giggs.
northernbluebird

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:55 am

I am not anti Giggs but I do feel he made a huge mistake on Friday. The game was every bit as important as the Ireland world cup qualifier and arguably more important. Its not out of the question that we could have qualified for Euros just by winning or even drawing that game. The other winners in Pool B are likely to be Ukraine, Bosnia and either Russia or Sweden and as they will be given pot B seedings all three would have a good chance of qualifying for the Euros automatically. This would leave us as the Pool B qualifiers if we failed to qualify automatically and lost the League of Nations play offs. As a result the game needed our best available 11 out there and it was not a time to experiment with a virtually untried youngster in Tyler Roberts. He is young, inexeperienced and was out of his depth. Should have had either Vokes or Bale leading the line.
JJ1927

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I am not anti Giggs but I do feel he made a huge mistake on Friday. The game was every bit as important as the Ireland world cup qualifier and arguably more important. Its not out of the question that we could have qualified for Euros just by winning or even drawing that game. The other winners in Pool B are likely to be Ukraine, Bosnia and either Russia or Sweden and as they will be given pot B seedings all three would have a good chance of qualifying for the Euros automatically. This would leave us as the Pool B qualifiers if we failed to qualify automatically and lost the League of Nations play offs. As a result the game needed our best available 11 out there and it was not a time to experiment with a virtually untried youngster in Tyler Roberts. He is young, inexeperienced and was out of his depth. Should have had either Vokes or Bale leading the line.

pot B seedings..? what you talking about..

WE are in pot 2 for the qualifiers along with those you mention...and guess what if they qualify and we dont, we end up in play offs anyway....
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Ampadu should've started instead of Roberts allowing Ramsey to go further forward.

Also i'd have played H Wilson over Lawrence.

Agree, Giggs out.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bob Bank Bluebird » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Absolute joke this is, surely. :lol:

Since he's taken over, we have:
- Smashed China (Yes expected I know)
- Narrowly lost to Uruguay
- Drew with Mexico keeping a clean sheet against a good attacking side
- Destroyed Ireland at home
- Lost to Denmark away (who only 2 months prior were in the last 16 of the World Cup getting knocked out on pens by the winners)
- Lost heavily to Spain (Yes, clearly outclassed but they are a team full of top-level players)
- Beat Ireland in a tough game away without Ramsey or Bale
- Lost again to Denmark, narrowly this time and we could have drawn easily if we took our chances

Also... Is everyone forgetting that since his time here he has bred in a wealth of youth into the first time and we are still competing against some of the worlds top nations?

Matt Smith (18 yo)
Tyler Roberts (19 yo)
David Brookes (21 yo)
Ethan Ampadu (18 yo)
Harry Wilson (21 yo)
Connor Roberts (23 yo)
And probably a few more...

Anyone who's calling for his head already seriously needs to get real and maybe take a look at the Welsh football history books
Bob Bank Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:Absolute joke this is, surely. :lol:

Since he's taken over, we have:
- Smashed China (Yes expected I know)
- Narrowly lost to Uruguay
- Drew with Mexico keeping a clean sheet against a good attacking side
- Destroyed Ireland at home
- Lost to Denmark away (who only 2 months prior were in the last 16 of the World Cup getting knocked out on pens by the winners)
- Lost heavily to Spain (Yes, clearly outclassed but they are a team full of top-level players)
- Beat Ireland in a tough game away without Ramsey or Bale
- Lost again to Denmark, narrowly this time and we could have drawn easily if we took our chances

Also... Is everyone forgetting that since his time here he has bred in a wealth of youth into the first time and we are still competing against some of the worlds top nations?

Matt Smith (18 yo)
Tyler Roberts (19 yo)
David Brookes (21 yo)
Ethan Ampadu (18 yo)
Harry Wilson (21 yo)
Connor Roberts (23 yo)
And probably a few more...

Anyone who's calling for his head already seriously needs to get real and maybe take a look at the Welsh football history books

i agree but those calling for his head are not doing so based on ability...
dogfound

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Can't believe you guys are biting clearly a wind up post. :lol:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:47 pm

northernbluebird wrote:we've clearly been inconsistent so far. ultimately giggs should be judged on how we do in competitive qualifying and bringing youngsters through.

we've got a good crop of youngsters at the minute, with ramsey and bale in their prime. i think we'll do very well under giggs.

Bale has definitely passed his prime, Ramsey probably also, but we have some good youngsters, we just need a defence and keeper and we will be ok.
Bluebina

Postby montyblue » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:57 am

What we lack with this wales team is the same as cardiff an out and out goalscorer harry kane,ian rush, we have relied on bale for years and tyler Roberts is not the answer vokes is like a lumbering pit pony we have all the suppliers brooks wilson, tom lawerence seems to be the only one who seems anywherere near but not prolific.
montyblue

Return to General Chat