John Toshack in Cardiff

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Toshack in Cardiff

Postby griffinbooksuk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Don't miss out on the legendary ex-footballer and manager John Toshack coming to Cardiff next week to chat about his new autobiography, Toshack's Way: My Journey Through Football.

Hosted by Griffin Books, the champion ex-Cardiff City, Liverpool and Swansea City player will be in conversation with BBC Radio Wales' Ian Hunt at The Angel Hotel, Cardiff on the evening of 22nd November. This event is a must for all Welsh football fans - so book your ticket today to secure your place.

Tickets are £10 and can be booked online here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/568443
griffinbooksuk

John Toshack in Cardiff

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: John Toshack in Cardiff

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:39 pm

griffinbooksuk wrote:Don't miss out on the legendary ex-footballer and manager John Toshack coming to Cardiff next week to chat about his new autobiography, Toshack's Way: My Journey Through Football.

Hosted by Griffin Books, the champion ex-Cardiff City, Liverpool and Swansea City player will be in conversation with BBC Radio Wales' Ian Hunt at The Angel Hotel, Cardiff on the evening of 22nd November. This event is a must for all Welsh football fans - so book your ticket today to secure your place.

Tickets are £10 and can be booked online here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/568443

Is it out yet ?
I'll probably order that if it is
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
griffinbooksuk wrote:Don't miss out on the legendary ex-footballer and manager John Toshack coming to Cardiff next week to chat about his new autobiography, Toshack's Way: My Journey Through Football.

Is it out yet ?
I'll probably order that if it is

Yeah just did
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 am

Shouldn't it be Called 'Toshack's Fabian Way'? :laughing6:

A City legend and I was lucky enough to see him play for Cardiff City, Liverpool and Wales :notworthy:

Sadly, for our supporters, he also has the tag of 'Ball-Roller-in-Chief' for Wales' second team... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby RadnorRoad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

As a young star at city he came back to our primary school as an old boy and presented me with a prize as the team captain. He must only have been 17 or 18 and incredibly shy. Not long after he was walking down Cowbridge Rd with a mop and bucket to go home. He let me and my mates carry the mop and bucket as we trooped along beside him making the shoppers laugh and point.

Different days and makes me think about the young stars of today with their lifestyles.

Regardless of anything, he was an effective player and made the most of his strengths. Using him with Keegan, Heighway and others covered his weaknesses. Some might laugh but there is a touch of Tosh in Harry Kane and it would have been interesting to see him play today with modern coaching and sports science. My Dad always saw him being sold as the sign of lack of ambition at City but I guess it was too big an offer to turn down.
RadnorRoad

Postby montyblue » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Could we do a swap deal, toshack for zohore i an sure he would still get his head above zohore's even at 75.
montyblue

Return to General Chat