Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good News Sir Kenny

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Even for someone like me who doesn't agree with the honours system monarchy etc....
I am pleased he has got recognition for his work as a football legend, but more importantly, for his work post Hillsborough. Seems like a very decent man :bluebird: :thumbup:

Re: Good News Sir Kenny

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Kenny Daglish and Kevin Keegan were two of my favourite players years ago, I loved watching them both play on match of the dayespecially after watching a City game :lol:

Re: Good News Sir Kenny

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Lengee wrote:Even for someone like me who doesn't agree with the honours system monarchy etc....
I am pleased he has got recognition for his work as a football legend, but more importantly, for his work post Hillsborough. Seems like a very decent man :bluebird: :thumbup:

Agreed, the work he did for the Hillsborough families was very private at his own request. It's only now that the full story is coming out, not least the impact it had on him personally.

As you say, we may all have our own views on the honours system, particularly for those in the public eye, but this one is well deserved.