Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY STRIKER WANTED BY VILLA / LEEDS / BOLTON

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Leeds United, Aston Villa and Bolton keen on in-form Cardiff City winger — reports - Daily Mirror & The Sun

Kadeem Harris contract runs out in 2019 and due to hardly any first team appearances had asked if he could leave as he wants first team football.

Thursday 15th November 2018

Leeds United and Aston Villa are among the clubs monitoring in-form Cardiff City winger Kadeem Harris, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has broken into the Bluebirds side this season and shown some impressive form, scoring a first Premier League goal in the 4-2 win over Fulham.

And with his Cardiff contract due to expire next summer, The Sun and the Daily Mirror report that Championship clubs are keeping tabs on Harris.

Bolton Wanderers are also linked, as well as promotion-chasing second tier giants Leeds and Villa.

The Bluebirds haven't yet opened contract talks with Harris, with Neil Warnock revealing the wide man almost left South Wales in the summer — and had actually asked to leave.

Harris has since knuckled down in Cardiff training and capitalised on Nathaniel Mendez-Laing's injury, coupled with Junior Hoilett's loss os form.

Premier League clubs may also join the case for Harris, according to the report, although the Bluebirds may now be keen to tie him to a fresh contract.

It has been a long road back to the Cardiff first team for the former Wycombe star, who had ankle surgery in the summer of 2017 and barely featured in the promotion last season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CITY STRIKER WANTED BY VILLA / LEEDS / BOLTON

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Get him an extension ASAP

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 pm

I honestly think we should keep hold of him, he's proven he can compete when he's come on and he was brilliant against Brighton.
Huge mistake to let him go.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Excellent against Brighton, yes, but he's been with us for 6 years and has never really broken into the first team. Every time he has got his chance he's got injured, often by stepping on the ball clumsily. It would be a shame if he left on a free but I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Been here a long time and admittedly he has played well in recent games but going on history this just leads to either injury or loss of form. I'm not sure if we would get a development fee if he left in the summer but TBH I wouldn't be too devastated if he went to pastures new.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Warnock speaks highly of his attitude past few months and rewarded him past few games, if he is putting in the work then he must been keen to work with Warnock.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 pm

No Sale, it unless they've got some spectacular player in exchange and I don't think that they do

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Don't think he can sign a pre contract with anyone until January. See how he does in the 6 games between now and Christmas

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 pm

phildavies wrote:Get him an extension ASAP

You should have said that 6 months ago

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 pm

so suddenly not 1 but 3 clubs want to sign after 1 start....I wonder where this story originated.?

been here before with his old man doing the Paul Ince thing.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Yes. Didn't he stall on signing a new contract the last or previous season? Eventually re-signed after no-one showed much interest. The "lad" obviously has talent, but must be more consistent. May be a decent run in the side could do it.
Last edited by BLUE54 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 pm

so suddenly not 1 but 3 clubs want to sign after 1 start....I wonder where this story originated.?

been here before with his old man doing the Paul Ince thing.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

It's a player in form of late - so let's talk about him. Surprised no mention of this at the start of the season !!
A lot like last season when Ken was the talk !!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm

He's hardly going to want to drop a league or take the salary cut voluntarily. Actually I've been of the opinion for a while that this would be best for him and everyone else, but he's proven me wrong in the last few games. It remains to be seen whether he can keep it up, but if he can then I think we should certainly keep him.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:58 pm

We're just lucky he has come into form. Hoillets confidence is Rock bottom so its nice to now have 2 wingers in JM & KH who can get behind full backs.

Keeping these 2 fit until Jan could be massive for our season!!

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Put him in a package for grealish

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:47 pm

He’s been injured and out of the team for years, was coming good the year before last then it didn’t quite happen for him. The lads scored one goal and hit the bar and looked impressive in one game. Calls for a new contract slightly premature, let’s see how he does over the next month or so. He didn’t want to stay the last time he had a good run, I have a feeling history will repeat. I think he’s decent but let’s see.