Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' They all turned down the chance to manage Fulham '

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:04 am

Arsene Wenger, Leonardo Jardim and Andre Villas-Boas turned down the chance to manage Fulham before they appointed Claudio Ranieri.

Daily Mail / Guardian 15/11/18

SKY SPORTS

Arsene Wenger turned down the chance to manage Fulham before they appointed Claudio Ranieri.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' They all turned down the chance to manage Fulham '

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 am

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.All the Warnock haters should take note.Top european managers wouldn't want to know us either and as for top British ones,well,we've already got one. :thumbup:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.All the Warnock haters should take note.Top european managers wouldn't want to know us either and as for top British ones,well,we've already got one. :thumbup:

Spot on Martin :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:59 am

SKY BREAKING: Claudio Ranieri has been named as the new Fulham manager!

BREAKING NEWS

14/11/18

Fulham have sacked manager Slavisa Jokanovic and hired Claudio Ranieri as his replacement.

Fulham say former Chelsea and Leicester boss Ranieri has been hired on a "multi-year contract".

He told the club website: "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage [Fulham's next game].”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm

We probably already have the best manager we could possibly get!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 pm

At the end of the day we all know Warnock has done his best and DOES do his best. He wants us to do well as much as we do. He knows his players and they want to play for him. We are in good hands as far as I'm concerned.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 pm

laughable really going for those names. they are threatened by relegation, not competing to win the league!

reminds be of when birmingham city used to try and get hugely famous managers like marcello lippi - it was so ridiculous you could only conclude it was another PR stunt.