From an Arsenal fan on Ramsey to Cardiff

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Reply on Fb

Chris Walters

From a Cardiff/ Arsenal fan who has always followed both clubs and not an arm chair fan :thumbright:

Ramsey's greed at arsenal cost him an extension..his demands to be treated like ozil should demonstrate that not in a million years would he join cardiff..arsenal believe they can get far better than Ramsey for the kind of money he was demanding in excess of 12 million in wages..

so why would city pay 12 million in wages plus transfer fee of 30 million for a guy who is no world beater..and arsenal fans are not at all worried about him leaving just that Wenger cost them another transfer fee by not tying Ramsey down a year ago..this can never happen a loan is of no interest to the player... besides money Ramsey believes he is a top 5 player
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: From an Arsenal fan on Ramsey to Cardiff

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:38 pm

You'd think he'd been shit for arsenal reading that!! He's been one of their best players for years. Playing out of position. No wonder he wants to leave if that's what his own fans think of him. f**k em
jimmy_rat

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Ramsey plays his best football when he plays with freedom in a more advanced position like he does for Wales.

Arsenal play Ramsey in a deeper role or out wide to accomodate Ozil or Mkhitaryan in the number 10 position. Arsenal have rarely played Ramsey to his main strengths and I'm not surprised he's got fed up.

Aaron Ramsey at his best is as good as any attacking midfielder in the world, he showed that in the Euro's. If he played the semi final, I honestly think we could have beaten Portugal and gone on to win it.

We have absolutely no chance getting a player of Ramsey's quality. I think when he leaves Arsenal, he will join a top European club who will play him correctly and utilise him a lot better.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Ramsey plays his best football when he plays with freedom in a more advanced position like he does for Wales.

Arsenal play Ramsey in a deeper role or out wide to accomodate Ozil or Mkhitaryan in the number 10 position. Arsenal have rarely played Ramsey to his main strengths and I'm not surprised he's got fed up.

Aaron Ramsey at his best is as good as any attacking midfielder in the world, he showed that in the Euro's. If he played the semi final, I honestly think we could have beaten Portugal and gone on to win it.

We have absolutely no chance getting a player of Ramsey's quality. I think when he leaves Arsenal, he will join a top European club who will play him correctly and utilise him a lot better.

Pure fantasy again from Tonteg.

1. Ramsey isn’t one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

2. Wales were never going to win the euros. Even if we did scrape past Portugal we wouldn’t of be able to beat France with all there world class players in there home tournament.
Llan_Blue

Postby ajbr14 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 am

Absolute garbage from Tonteg

He’s had spells in the Arsenal team in all positions and although a number 10 role is probably his best, its laughable to suggest he’s one of the best in the world. I agree with their stance on the situation. They’ve already had Ozil and Sanchez take the piss over their contracts, allowing yet another player to hold them to ransom would just cause too much lasting damage for further negotiations.

For 12 million a year Arsenal can get a far better and younger player than Ramsey. Don’t get me wrong,’over the years for Wales and Arsenal he’s been great overall, but I can’t help feeling like there’s something I don’t like about him. He’s got some annoying habits which makes him so frustrating to watch at times, particularly when he likes to take numerous touches or go on stupid dribbles when it would be far easier to release a teammate. Its almost like he’s trying to show off and be something he’s not.
ajbr14

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 am

Let’s not forget he was Arsenal’s Player of the Year last season.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Escy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 am

Who's available on a free that's better than Ramsey for 12mil a year wages?
Escy

Postby Bananas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply on Fb

Chris Walters

From a Cardiff/ Arsenal fan who has always followed both clubs and not an arm chair fan :thumbright:

Ramsey's greed at arsenal cost him an extension..his demands to be treated like ozil should demonstrate that not in a million years would he join cardiff..arsenal believe they can get far better than Ramsey for the kind of money he was demanding in excess of 12 million in wages..

so why would city pay 12 million in wages plus transfer fee of 30 million for a guy who is no world beater..and arsenal fans are not at all worried about him leaving just that Wenger cost them another transfer fee by not tying Ramsey down a year ago..this can never happen a loan is of no interest to the player... besides money Ramsey believes he is a top 5 player

Started to read this then realised it was off fakebook and so it's a pile of crap from a chavvy fakebook user who pretends to support two teams :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby ThomasC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 am

Agree his best position is a 10, and that Arsenal already have better 10's at the club
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 am

I'd also like to add this, he has outstanding attributes to become a DMC, stamina, can tackle and make a pass. For what ever reason, he can't defend to a high standard which is odd since his best attributes suggested he could of been one if the best in that role. He wanted to be a 10 and there are better players than him there.
ThomasC

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:05 am

I've got to say I think it's a bit rich for Arsenal fans to call Ramsey greedy when you compare his contribution to Ozil.

Ozil has only just signed a contract extension and based on the last couple of seasons Ramsey should be at the same wage level. I actually think a move away will do Ramsey the world of good.

The talk of him coming here is obviously just dream world and won't even come close to consideration never mind fruition. Shame, because a goal scoring, creative midfielder might fit in well :laughing5: :ayatollah:

Mind you, we need goals and I see Defoe is linked with Sheffield Utd, surely he would rather come to us ? He may not start every game but he would score more goals than anyone we currently have, even if he is coming to the end of his career.
piledriver64

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Let’s not forget he was Arsenal’s Player of the Year last season.

Spot on Worcester. Player of the year despite not being played in his best position most of the season. That's the second time he's won player of the year for Arsenal. He was selected in the Euro 2016 team of the tournament, scored the winning goal in 2 FA Cup finals, already has a goal of a season candidate for his goal at Fulham this season and now it looks like Bayern Munich have beaten Chelsea and Liverpool to signing him this summer.

Wherever Ramsey goes, he will prove to be a massive loss for Arsenal and a massive coup for whoever is lucky enough to sign him on a free. I think Bayern Munich would be a perfect fit for him.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am

ajbr14 wrote:Absolute garbage from Tonteg

He’s had spells in the Arsenal team in all positions and although a number 10 role is probably his best, its laughable to suggest he’s one of the best in the world. I agree with their stance on the situation. They’ve already had Ozil and Sanchez take the piss over their contracts, allowing yet another player to hold them to ransom would just cause too much lasting damage for further negotiations.

For 12 million a year Arsenal can get a far better and younger player than Ramsey. Don’t get me wrong,’over the years for Wales and Arsenal he’s been great overall, but I can’t help feeling like there’s something I don’t like about him. He’s got some annoying habits which makes him so frustrating to watch at times, particularly when he likes to take numerous touches or go on stupid dribbles when it would be far easier to release a teammate. Its almost like he’s trying to show off and be something he’s not.

your correct about them screwing up contracts but I think Tonteg has more than a point..

their player of the year twice..10th most premier league apps for them...11th highest prem scorer for them..{ not much of a gamble with this player which a new recruit will be }

as for the contracts , having lost Sanchez they clearly panicked over the thought of losing Ozil { is he really worth all that }..which then has a knock on effect....cutting off your nose to spite your face is not the answer..

the money...12mill over 3 years is 36mill...can you really get a 28 year old top 6 club player of any use for that.? ...pretty sure if you researched it the amount of players the top 6 clubs have spent 36 mill on { fee and wages } that have been only half as effective or less would run into 3 figures..

anyway seems there is plenty of interest in him...and sooner the better he gets out of that rat hole..
dogfound

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Ramsey should leave Arsenal whatever they pay him. At any other club him would have been a legend with the fans. Cost the club peanuts by todays standard, came back from a horrendous injury,scored two winning goals in cup finals. He has contributed far more to the club than Ozil - (who cost them 50 million plus signing on fee)- will ever do and yet is criticised for wanting to have some sort of parity. Then the ultimate insult of offering him a contract and then withdrawing it.

Had he been English they would have lauded him as they did the talented but far inferior Wiltshire.

Love to see him join a top class club like Bayern. Failing that Spurs!! That would be what Arsenal deserve.
JJ1927

Return to General Chat