RAMSEY FOR CARDIFF CITY IF CARDIFF GENUINELY WANT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:28 pm

It might sound crazy to some, but a January transfer for Wales star Rambo could happen and here's why

If Cardiff are serious about staying in the Premier and eventually being a top side.

Says Nathan Blake

Wednesday 14th November 2018

It might sound crazy to some, but a January transfer for Wales star Rambo could happen and here's why

I'm going to cut straight to the chase in this column.

Cardiff City should put together a January bid for Aaron Ramsey.

Allow me to explain myself, because I admit this sounds very bold. Some people might call it crazy, but hear me out please.

It's all about intent, you see. If Cardiff are genuine about staying in this league, they need to put down a marker to other sides.

Signing someone like Ramsey would raise the level at Cardiff significantly and help them become an established Premier League team in time. Add in the fact he's Welsh, has come through the Cardiff academy, has an affinity with the club and its supporters and you have the perfect storm in my opinion.

Ramsey wouldn't cost a great deal in terms of a transfer fee — because of his contract situation at Arsenal — but admittedly he would cost them big in wages.

You rarely get the chance to sign someone like Ramsey at a cut price, a genuine top class star who could take the club up a level or two and attract a higher calibre of player as well. The likes of Sol Bamba, Joe Bennett and Aron Gunnarsson would immediately raise their performance levels if they played and trained alongside Ramsey every week.

This is real. Not fantasy land. How often have we seen clubs make audacious swoops for players, but then it comes off. You can sell him the dream.

And it would be part of a coherent transfer plan.

The contract offer would take into account release clauses if Cardiff are relegated and all that stuff.

The transfer policy would mean signing a couple of other top stars, not as big as Ramsey, but who could play with him.

You know what, even if Cardiff don't get Ramsey, making a move would at least lay down that marker and show people that the Bluebirds are genuine in the transfer market and about being in the Premier League for years to come.

It could turn Cardiff City into one of this country's main clubs outside of Manchester, Liverpool and London.

It would turn heads and make people think: 'Wow, who else are you signing? What else have you got in your locker?'

This has happened before. Let's not forget when Craig Bellamy came home to Cardiff when he'd been at Manchester City and Liverpool just before. No-one really believed it could happen, but Bellamy chose to come home.

Who's to say the same wouldn't happen with Ramsey?

Earlier still, Cardiff pushed the boat out under Dave Jones to land Robbie Fowler, a huge football name at the time. Again when the speculation first arose Bluebirds fans refused to believe Fowler would drop down a division and come to South Wales. But come he did.

Bellamy drove Cardiff to promotion. Brought a winning mentality and even greater professionalism into the dressing room from his years at the very top.

Bellamy is currently working with the club's under-23s
Imagine the fillip Ramsey could bring, a box to box number eight midfielder who could transform the team's and the club's fortunes.

Some people might call this madness. I call it ambition.

And if Cardiff have ambition to become a top eight Premier League club, this will be the first rung on the ladder. Bournemouth are pushing for that. With respect, they have nothing like the fan base, and this pulling power, of a club like Cardiff City.

So why can't we have dreams?

Okay, the chances of landing Ramsey are slim. The wages are a huge obstacle, so too the fact clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United and a load of big Italian clubs have been linked with Ramsey. They will be a big lure for Ramsey himself.

But he turns 28 next month and may have the idea in his head to come back home to Cardiff at some stage anyway.

Why not do it two years earlier?

Why should we adopt a can't do attitude, rather than a can do one? I've had obstacles put in front of me since I was young, but always believed.
Attachments
D47A4A01-2D4B-4E79-A7C9-56A04A1592DA.jpeg
D47A4A01-2D4B-4E79-A7C9-56A04A1592DA.jpeg (83.34 KiB) Viewed 7403 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: RAMSEY FOR CARDIFF CITY IF CARDIFF GENUINELY WANT

Postby davids » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:31 pm

I love Blakey but he's got to try and stay off the sauce.
davids

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 pm

davids wrote:I love Blakey but he's got to try and stay off the sauce.

:lol:

I totally agree David , we don’t even spend enough money to try and stay up never mind trying to buy a Championship League player.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Love to have him back but come on! We couldn't afford his wages unless he took a pay cut! Bare in mind he wanted the same salary as ozil! If we signed it would be a massive sign off intent. Maybe a cheeky loan bid. :D
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Always said it, Rambo should return to the Bluebirds. If Cardiff's vision is to be an established Premier League side who are mid-table and pushing a bit higher in future seasons.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Bananas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Love to have him back but come on! We couldn't afford his wages unless he took a pay cut! Bare in mind he wanted the same salary as ozil! If we signed it would be a massive sign off intent. Maybe a cheeky loan bid. :D

****spelling warning****

It's a massive sign of intent, not off. First warning, we don't tolerate poor spelling and grammar on this board :old:
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Always said it, Rambo should return to the Bluebirds. If Cardiff's vision is to be an established Premier League side who are mid-table and pushing a bit higher in future seasons.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Bananas wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Love to have him back but come on! We couldn't afford his wages unless he took a pay cut! Bare in mind he wanted the same salary as ozil! If we signed it would be a massive sign off intent. Maybe a cheeky loan bid. :D

****spelling warning****

It's a massive sign of intent, not off. First warning, we don't tolerate poor spelling and grammar on this board :old:

Shit you're right! How many spelling warnings do I get before I'm banned? :cry:
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Nathan should have stopped writing after the first 4 words...sounds crazy because it is crazy, im sure he could find something to say about UFOs instead..
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Could sign until end season? That will give him time to sort out a move he's Then free to sign for big club with big signing on fee?
pembroke allan

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Could sign until end season? That will give him time to sort out a move he's Then free to sign for big club with big signing on fee?

That's what I thought. Why not make a loan bid? Saying that emery does like him and may play him till end of season.
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm

I'd love him back but can't see it happening!

We should go in for bale too on pay as you play
welshrarebit

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:25 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I'd love him back but can't see it happening!

We should go in for bale too on pay as you play

Good shout I reckon we should get Suarez on pay as you bite worth a punt.
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Mike Strinati » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Read first two lines then gave up. Not a chance in hell, Ramseys still got a good few years left yet at top level and Cardiff is not the answer! :lol:
Mike Strinati

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Could sign until end season? That will give him time to sort out a move he's Then free to sign for big club with big signing on fee?

yes no doubt Arsenal wouldn't want anything..
dogfound

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:47 pm

I think the question is does Ramsey want to come back. If he does then he would take a pay cut, be willing for a relegation fight and potentially have to play in the Championship next season. But if he's happy with those then make it happen... Something tells me he won't be!
jimmy_rat

Postby City Slicker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It might sound crazy to some, but a January transfer for Wales star Rambo could happen and here's why

If Cardiff are serious about staying in the Premier and eventually being a top side.

Says Nathan Blake

Wednesday 14th November 2018

I'm going to cut straight to the chase in this column.

Cardiff City should put together a January bid for Aaron Ramsey.

Allow me to explain myself, because I admit this sounds very bold. Some people might call it crazy, but hear me out please.

It's all about intent, you see. If Cardiff are genuine about staying in this league, they need to put down a marker to other sides.

Signing someone like Ramsey would raise the level at Cardiff significantly and help them become an established Premier League team in time. Add in the fact he's Welsh, has come through the Cardiff academy, has an affinity with the club and its supporters and you have the perfect storm in my opinion.

Ramsey wouldn't cost a great deal in terms of a transfer fee — because of his contract situation at Arsenal — but admittedly he would cost them big in wages.

You rarely get the chance to sign someone like Ramsey at a cut price, a genuine top class star who could take the club up a level or two and attract a higher calibre of player as well. The likes of Sol Bamba, Joe Bennett and Aron Gunnarsson would immediately raise their performance levels if they played and trained alongside Ramsey every week.

This is real. Not fantasy land. How often have we seen clubs make audacious swoops for players, but then it comes off. You can sell him the dream.

And it would be part of a coherent transfer plan.

The contract offer would take into account release clauses if Cardiff are relegated and all that stuff.

The transfer policy would mean signing a couple of other top stars, not as big as Ramsey, but who could play with him.

You know what, even if Cardiff don't get Ramsey, making a move would at least lay down that marker and show people that the Bluebirds are genuine in the transfer market and about being in the Premier League for years to come.

It could turn Cardiff City into one of this country's main clubs outside of Manchester, Liverpool and London.

It would turn heads and make people think: 'Wow, who else are you signing? What else have you got in your locker?'

This has happened before. Let's not forget when Craig Bellamy came home to Cardiff when he'd been at Manchester City and Liverpool just before. No-one really believed it could happen, but Bellamy chose to come home.

Who's to say the same wouldn't happen with Ramsey?

Earlier still, Cardiff pushed the boat out under Dave Jones to land Robbie Fowler, a huge football name at the time. Again when the speculation first arose Bluebirds fans refused to believe Fowler would drop down a division and come to South Wales. But come he did.

Bellamy drove Cardiff to promotion. Brought a winning mentality and even greater professionalism into the dressing room from his years at the very top.

Bellamy is currently working with the club's under-23s
Imagine the fillip Ramsey could bring, a box to box number eight midfielder who could transform the team's and the club's fortunes.

Some people might call this madness. I call it ambition.

And if Cardiff have ambition to become a top eight Premier League club, this will be the first rung on the ladder. Bournemouth are pushing for that. With respect, they have nothing like the fan base, and this pulling power, of a club like Cardiff City.

So why can't we have dreams?

Okay, the chances of landing Ramsey are slim. The wages are a huge obstacle, so too the fact clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United and a load of big Italian clubs have been linked with Ramsey. They will be a big lure for Ramsey himself.

But he turns 28 next month and may have the idea in his head to come back home to Cardiff at some stage anyway.

Why not do it two years earlier?

Why should we adopt a can't do attitude, rather than a can do one? I've had obstacles put in front of me since I was young, but always believed.

Great idea but someone should tell him Tan gets a case of hysteria when asked to put his hand in his wallet :lol:
City Slicker

Postby theclaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Just imagine Tan releases a tump of money for Warnock to spend in January and there’s enough to buy him,would Rambo really want to come here at this point in his career?
I don’t think so,but can dream.
theclaw

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Most in the top 10 would have him.

Pipe dream
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 pm

dogfound wrote:

Loan? :laughing6: at end day arsenal won't get penny anyway :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby montyblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 pm

City should do all in there power to sign a named player where it could set off a chain reaction, seriously i have always thought that specifically welsh players you would think would like to see an established welsh team in the premiership i was hoping neil would have sealed a deal with sheffield for dave brooks as a start imagine him and ramsey together at cardiff it would have been an attraction for other players especially welsh ampadu etc but dreams don' t usually come true brookes chose a young eddie howe as a manager at Bournmouth and ramsey will not come yet, although with twins now he might not want them living abroad and might fancy coming back home to cardiff with family ties etc it might suite all round , anyway dream on.
montyblue

Postby RageJon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Get bale in well we are it I know it sounds crazy it is
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

That has to be the stupidest thing over ever read and that takes some beating on here :lol:

To make it worse they paid him to write that rubbish.
2blue2handle

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:42 pm

blake's been on the shandy.

nurse!
northernbluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I think Blakey and the Echo have started their Xmas party way to soon :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Here's proof that drugs don't work
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Sven » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:59 pm

On first read, I had a little chuckle at the thought od 'Rambo' coming back to the Bluebirds but then on reflection, I began to think Blakey has a point and why could it not happen...even if on loan until the end of the season?

I don't know Rambo's personal circumstances other than he is a local lad, has a young family and has recently bought a house in the area, so it might just suit him...a bit like it suited Craig Bellamy for his own reasons

Certainly worth an ask and what a coup it would be! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Loan? :laughing6: at end day arsenal won't get penny anyway :roll:

the idea was you engage your brain ..but eh oh
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Sven wrote:On first read, I had a little chuckle at the thought od 'Rambo' coming back to the Bluebirds but then on reflection, I began to think Blakey has a point and why could it not happen...even if on loan until the end of the season?

I don't know Rambo's personal circumstances other than he is a local lad, has a young family and has recently bought a house in the area, so it might just suit him...a bit like it suited Craig Bellamy for his own reasons

Certainly worth an ask and what a coup it would be! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

bloody hell....why on earth would Arsenal loan him out....and even if they did, that would still mean a hefty loan fee and his rather large wage bill...this is not Bellamy where Citeh wanted him out of Manchester bad enough to cost them millions..
dogfound

Postby Sven » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:On first read, I had a little chuckle at the thought od 'Rambo' coming back to the Bluebirds but then on reflection, I began to think Blakey has a point and why could it not happen...even if on loan until the end of the season?

bloody hell....why on earth would Arsenal loan him out....and even if they did, that would still mean a hefty loan fee and his rather large wage bill...this is not Bellamy where Citeh wanted him out of Manchester bad enough to cost them millions..

You're right, it doesn't make too much sense but football is a funny old game and let's say Arsenal can get their preferred man in the next transfer window, why not let Rambo go out to a club that's no real threat to them in the great scheme of things?

In those circumstances, Rambo is worthless in transfer fees come the end of the season and he would be a burden on their salary pot

I'm not too sure why Rambo is being let go (it seems odd) but let's not forget he's been here 'on loan' before (recovering from injury) and that Craig Bellamy was loaned out to a 'lower' team in the same way! :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Next

Return to General Chat