Cardiff City happy to contribute towards £5million Premier

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Cardiff City happy to contribute towards £5million Premier League chief bonus

Wednesday 14th November 2018

Ken Choo says Richard Scudamore 'deserves the recognition'

Ken Choo says Richard Scudamore 'deserves the recognition'

Cardiff City are willing to pay towards a £5million 'golden handshake' for outoging Premier League chief Richard Scuadmore.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has proposed the 20 top flight clubs contribute £250,000 each as a farewell gift to the executive chairman, with only five clubs opposing the ideas.

Cardiff are understood to be among those happy to contribute with Wolves and Fulham in opposition.

Bluebirds chief executive Ken Choo told the BBC: "He (Scudamore) has done a great job.

Ken Choo, Executive Director & CEO

"He has moved the Premier League on to another level, and he has allowed someone new his successor to take it further now. He deserves the recognition."

Scudamore, 59, joined the Premier League in November 1999 as chief executive before being appointed executive chairman in 2014.

Susanna Dinnage has been appointed to succeed him, becoming the first ever female Premier League chief executive.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City happy to contribute towards £5million Premi

Postby davids » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 pm

He may deserve the recognition but he certainly does not deserve the money on top of the massive salary and bonuses he's already been paid just for doing his job.
davids

Postby davids » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Dear Ken,

I have supported Cardiff City for almost 50 years now, spending many thousands of pounds out of my own pocket to follow the team up and down the country. I've not even been paid a salary or any bonuses for doing so!

If you think I deserve some recognition for that, please send a cheque payable to "davids" at the forum address.

Thanks

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
davids

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm

davids wrote:Dear Ken,

I have supported Cardiff City for almost 50 years now, spending many thousands of pounds out of my own pocket to follow the team up and down the country. I've not even been paid a salary or any bonuses for doing so!

If you think I deserve some recognition for that, please send a cheque payable to "davids" at the forum address.

Thanks

How about all the 1000s of city fans around the world give you 25 quid each? :laughing6:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Im spewing to much to type.

How much is that worth off each season ticket.
BlueMoon1974

Postby davids » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Dear Ken,

Thanks

How about all the 1000s of city fans around the world give you 25 quid each? :laughing6:

Sounds good!

And I'll send £25 to each and every one of them as well!

Who wants to start things off?
davids

Postby thomasblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I cant believe people are even considering this. He has done a great job but has also been paid very well for it.

City should refuse and instead buy 5 schools in the area a 5-a-side artificial pitch which cost around 50k each as a statement.
thomasblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:19 pm

thomasblue wrote:I cant believe people are even considering this. He has done a great job but has also been paid very well for it.

City should refuse and instead buy 5 schools in the area a 5-a-side artificial pitch which cost around 50k each as a statement.

Or spend it on something more controversial nd spend it on the academy.
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:20 pm

the PL is no doubt streets ahead of where it was when he took the job, but the question is whether it would have done so anyway? can people point to specific things he did to make the PL better? i can't. he was just in the right place at the right time.

ultimately it was cash from sky that made the league what it is. that, and equitable sharing of that money. none of that had anything to do with scudamore.

shame on ken choo for paying up like a lapdog.
northernbluebird

Postby thomasblue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I cant believe people are even considering this. He has done a great job but has also been paid very well for it.

What use is a academy if you have nothing to feed it with ?

The players for our academy need to come through our local schools. Give the local schools the equipment working alongside our coaches and our academy will improve by having a wider pool of talent to choose from.

The other option is to spend it on the academy and have to buy talent to fill it from other clubs
thomasblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

The players for our academy need to come through our local schools. Give the local schools the equipment working alongside our coaches and our academy will improve by having a wider pool of talent to choose from.

The other option is to spend it on the academy and have to buy talent to fill it from other clubs

Dude, there is so much talent in South Wales it's unreal. It's funny how we let youngsters go to bigger clubs like Villa or man ure yet not good enough for us.
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Of all the starving people in the world that money could’ve helped makes me sick. :roll:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

boys time playing football and football training for their schools is a very small percentage of an average/decent boys weekly football...plus are PE teachers equally qualified in football coaching to academy coaches.?
dogfound

Postby CantonStand1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 pm

What a load of absolute rubbish.c

Since when did we have that cash spare to be hanging around.

Does anyone else feel strongly about this? There are 1000 other ways I can think that the club can spend this money and to just cough up like that it's ridiculous.
CantonStand1

Postby ajbr14 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 am

Ken Choo is almost too nice for his role. It would be nice for the club to actually reward the fans for once as well. We seem to hold many family club awards but i can’t remember any recent occasions where we were treated to any rewards. Scarfgate was probably the last one :(
£250,000 could probably cover away coaches for the season or put towards developing youth football in the local area.
ajbr14

Return to General Chat