Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"I think up till Christmas, every game is winnable for us"

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I think up till Christmas, every game is winnable for us if we have a good day," and the Brighton game proved him right.

"The big teams are pulling away," admitted Warnock.

"There's not as many shocks this year with the big teams.

"It's the first time the three teams are undefeated at this stage at the top, so there is a wider margin.

"But I think anybody in that bottom half could hit a bad run and it is wide open down there. Brighton will still be looking down at us rather than looking up."

Sat Nov 24 - Everton v Cardiff City

Friday Nov 30 8pm - Wolverhampton Wanderers (h) Live on Sky :bluebird:

Tue Dec 4 - West Ham United (a)

Sat Dec 8 - Southampton (h)

Sat Dec 15 - Watford (a)

Sat Dec 22 - Manchester United (h) 5:30pm Live on Sky :bluebird:

Wed Dec 26 - Crystal Palace (a)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "I think up till Christmas, every game is winnable for u

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:42 am

Very true annis now it's just a case of how many points we can win? :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 am

Can't see it. Maybe City can pull off the odd win/draw but IMO all away games will be lost and cannot see Wolves or Man U not winning at ours. City got lucky on Saturday [overdue luck granted but it was lucky]

City's failure to beat Huddersfield and Burnley will haunt us. :evil:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 am

Agree. Winnable. But to win them all, unlikely. But it'll only take a couple of wins to climb the table and we certainly won't be cut adrift of the pack. Which is what we were hoping for by January, surely?!

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 am

Danny Says wrote:Can't see it. Maybe City can pull off the odd win/draw but IMO all away games will be lost and cannot see Wolves or Man U not winning at ours. City got lucky on Saturday [overdue luck granted but it was lucky]

This^^^^ Would be happy with a few draws and hopefully a win against Southampton.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Danny Says wrote:Can't see it. Maybe City can pull off the odd win/draw but IMO all away games will be lost and cannot see Wolves or Man U not winning at ours. City got lucky on Saturday [overdue luck granted but it was lucky]

You could say same for Huddersfield as they were at home to new premiership club! But the point is they are winnable not that we will win them all? :o

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

You could say same for Huddersfield as they were at home to new premiership club! But the point is they are winnable not that we will win them all? :o

My point about Huddersfield was we had 30 minutes v ten men and missed some golden chances to get the extra 2 points. if it has been 11-11 then a draw wouldn't have been a bad result.

Yes, any game is winnable but also losable

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:53 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Agree. Winnable. But to win them all, unlikely. But it'll only take a couple of wins to climb the table and we certainly won't be cut adrift of the pack. Which is what we were hoping for by January, surely?!

Spot On .

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Danny Says wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

My point about Huddersfield was we had 30 minutes v ten men and missed some golden chances to get the extra 2 points. if it has been 11-11 then a draw wouldn't have been a bad result.

Yes, any game is winnable but also losable

Newcastle home as well. They had 10 men for a long period and we didn't take our chances.

Although they did miss a penalty so swings and roundabouts I suppose.