Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Top 5 V Bottom 5

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:28 pm

So far this season there have been 20 games, 19 wins for top 5, exception being Palace V Arsenal recently, which was a draw, gap between top and bottom getting bigger, yet top sides still want more of the money, even though some like MC are being bankrolled by a oil rich corrupt state!

Re: Top 5 V Bottom 5

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:36 pm

The Cobra wrote:So far this season there have been 20 games, 19 wins for top 5, exception being Palace V Arsenal recently, which was a draw, gap between top and bottom getting bigger, yet top sides still want more of the money, even though some like MC are being bankrolled by a oil rich corrupt state!

Read the article and it's every other aspect that top 5 are way better than in previous years! And people try to compare now with previous years? stats gives it some perspective on how far forwards teams are today to other years. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 pm

The gap is huge and it’s going to turn into what La Liga has been like over the last few years (Barcelona clear champions, with the Madrid clubs battling for second place.)

When we go to Man City, I dread to think what the odds will be on a Cardiff win.

But I’d say the gap between the sides in the bottom half is narrowing. I’d say any of 11 clubs could be relegated, it’s that tight between the lesser sides.

As it’s been pointed out before, we need to get the home wins in our mini-league. We did that on Saturday but it makes the Newcastle, Leicester and Burnley results more disappointing.

But I feel more confident now than I have done all season.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:32 pm

My biggest disappointment with the prem, not from a Cardiff point of view but just as league it’s become stale. That stat shows what I have said all season, it’s almost an impossible task. You would expect 10 maybe 12 wins few draws few defeats but that is staggering. The bubble will burst at some point. No fun.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 am

It’s the same as it always has been. Nothing’s changed it’s not an insurmountable difference.

Two years ago Leicester were lifting the premier league trophy.

In fact it’s becoming more open there was the top four clubs now there’s a top six clubs.

The top league is never going to be a league where everybody starts on an even playing field where anybody can win.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:05 am

Stringfellow wrote:My biggest disappointment with the prem, not from a Cardiff point of view but just as league it’s become stale. That stat shows what I have said all season, it’s almost an impossible task. You would expect 10 maybe 12 wins few draws few defeats but that is staggering. The bubble will burst at some point. No fun.

its not just the wins either...the top teams are scoring an average of a goal a game more in these matches.
with the bottom sides scoring 0.4 gls per game less..