Ex Cardiff Player Neil Ardley

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:29 am

ARDLEY LEAVES DONS

Neal Ardley has left Wimbledon by mutual consent after six years in charge, the League One club has announced.

First-team coach Simon Bassey is taking over as interim boss.
Attachments
DryxEDSWkAYSuwj.jpg
DryxEDSWkAYSuwj.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ex Cardiff Player Neil Ardley

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:24 pm

He did a decent job there to be fair. Good luck to him.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

I thought he would have been a good choice after Ole to have come in and manage us.
2blue2handle

Postby ajbr14 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I thought he would have been a good choice after Ole to have come in and manage us.

He could still come in if Tan looks to cost-cut if we go down. I’d take him as a coach though, it’d be nice to have some ex-city players back in the staff.
ajbr14

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm

ajbr14 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I thought he would have been a good choice after Ole to have come in and manage us.

He could still come in if Tan looks to cost-cut if we go down. I’d take him as a coach though, it’d be nice to have some ex-city players back in the staff.

Why ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 pm

ajbr14 wrote:

I think maybe the time has passed. I'd have preferred him over slade and trollop especially as he knew the youth set up here.
2blue2handle

Postby ajbr14 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Why ?

I just reckon Ardley would be a pretty decent coup as a first team coach considering he’s been a pretty successful manager. Him as Bellamy’s no.2 could be a dream lineup if Bellers was to ever get the job. He obviously has more about him than Scott Young who has pretty much 0 coaching pedigree.
ajbr14

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

I think maybe the time has passed. I'd have preferred him over slade and trollop especially as he knew the youth set up here.

What youth setup :lol:

Most of those players are probably working in Burger King these days.
Llan_Blue

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:58 am

ajbr14 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Why ?

I just reckon Ardley would be a pretty decent coup as a first team coach considering he’s been a pretty successful manager. Him as Bellamy’s no.2 could be a dream lineup if Bellers was to ever get the job. He obviously has more about him than Scott Young who has pretty much 0 coaching pedigree.

really don't understand the Bellers thing....he is actually a lot less experienced than both Ardley and Scott young, has had no 1st team coaching/managing involvement anywhere......and heard zero from anyone about what a great coach he is..

is it just because he is a Cardiff boy..?
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Most probably but he still had the acknowledge of how the club was set up back then.
2blue2handle

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Most probably but he still had the acknowledge of how the club was set up back then.

He ruined the academy They had a crop of players coming through that Matthew Crocker had brought through A under 15 team that had 7 players in the Welsh team that bet England 4-0 and a team that beat Southampton 5-1 and 6 of the Southampton team have played in the premier on a regular basis
He set the academy back 10 years
Milkybarkid

Postby ajbr14 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:25 am

dogfound wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Why ?

really don't understand the Bellers thing....he is actually a lot less experienced than both Ardley and Scott young, has had no 1st team coaching/managing involvement anywhere......and heard zero from anyone about what a great coach he is..

is it just because he is a Cardiff boy..?

It just always seemed like Bellers was being groomed for the role and in recent interviews/ discussions he’s had on Sky in recent weeks, especially on The Debate, he seems to have inferred that he’s getting ready for management in the near future. And thats part of the thinking, have someone like Ardley alongside him to provide some guidance and experience. As for Scott Young, his involvement proved pretty disastrous mate. Bellamy always seems impressive whenever he’s discussing football, i just feel like it could be the right role for him. Of course, in Warnock we trust for the time being.
ajbr14

Postby Ninianman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:56 am

Absolutely agree with this,Crocker had some great players coming through and Ardley messed up big time.
I once bought a packet of polos in the Club shop,does that qualify me for a coaching position ?
Milkybarkid wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

He ruined the academy They had a crop of players coming through that Matthew Crocker had brought through A under 15 team that had 7 players in the Welsh team that bet England 4-0 and a team that beat Southampton 5-1 and 6 of the Southampton team have played in the premier on a regular basis
He set the academy back 10 years
Ninianman

Return to General Chat