VIDEO OF CARDIFF/ASTON VILA FANS FIGHTING / VERDICTS

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Updated Friday 9th November 2018

VIDEO OF VILLA FANS KICKING ONE CARDIFF FAN ON THE FLOOR

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... l-15390244 :o

UPDATED:

Wednesday 7th November 2018

TODAYS VERDICTS AT CARDIFF CROWN COURT: CARDIFF & ASTON VILLA FANS

Aston Villa fan Paul Sweeney, 32, was convicted by a jury today.

His co-defendants Steven Fowler Villa fan, of Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield was found not guilty of violent disorder.

Cardiff fans Dominic Burgess, 36, of Porthcawl and Rob Moore of Cardiff were found not guilty of violent disorder.

Three other Cardiff fans and one Villa fan were cleared at an earlier trial.

Five other defendants who were convicted following a previous trial, as well as a man who admitted his part in the incident, are also due to be sentenced on December 10th.

Aston Villa fan brandished whisky bottle in fight at Cardiff pub

Cardiff Crown Court

By Court Reporter Will Haywood

An Aston Villa fan has been found guilty of violent disorder at a pub in Cardiff after his team were beaten by Cardiff City last year.

Paul Sweeney, 32, was convicted by a jury on Wednesday following a trial a Cardiff Crown Court over his part in a clash between Villa and Bluebirds supporters outside The Cornwall pub in Grangetown on August 12, 2017.

His co-defendants Steven Fowler, of Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield, and Dominic Burgess, 36, of Woodland Avenue, Porthcawl, were found not guilty of violent disorder.

Prosecutor James Wilson previously told the court that “punches, kicks and bottles were thrown” during the incident in which Villa fans got off a bus and tried to enter the pub frequented by Cardiff City fans.

The disorder was caught inside the pub and outside on the streets on CCTV.

Sweeney said he and other Villa fans had good-natured banter with Cardiff fans after leaving the match.

“We went to the match but left just before half time when we were 2-0 down,” he said.

“I’d had enough, we were terrible.”

Sweeney was later seen with two objects in his hands shouting towards the pub with his arms outstretched.

He claimed the objects were a plastic cup and half a bottle of Jack Daniels for the trip home to Birmingham and said he did not want to get involved in the fracas.

But his account was not believed by the jury who found him guilty in an unanimous verdict.

Sweeney, who sat stony faced in the dock as the verdicts were read out, had previously been made subject to a football banning order prior to the incident in Cardiff.

Judge Neil Bidder QC granted the defendant unconditional bail but told him that “all sentencing options were open” to him, including imprisonment.

Sweeney, of Knightcote Drive, Solihull, will appear at Cardiff Crown Court for sentencing on December 10.

Five other defendants who were convicted following a previous trial, as well as a man who admitted his part in the incident, are also due to be sentenced.

Football fans claim they were acting as peacemakers during brawl

20 Villa fans arrived at a Cardiff Public house two hours after the match had finished.

Cardiff Crown Court

Tuesday 6th November 2018

Two Aston Villa fans accused of violent disorder after a Cardiff City match have claimed they were acting as peacemakers.

Villa fans Steven Fowler and Paul Sweeney, along with Bluebirds fan Dominic Burgess, are on trial in connection with the incident at The Cornwall pub in Grangetown, Cardiff, on the evening of August 12 last year.

They all deny violent disorder.

Fowler and Sweeney said they had left the game before halftime after a “terrible” performance from their team and had been drinking in the city centre.

Sweeney, 32, from Knightcote Drive in Solihull, said they’d had good-natured banter with Cardiff fans after leaving the match.

“We went to the match but left just before half time when we were 2-0 down," he said.

“I’d had enough, we were terrible."

“We got a taxi to St Mary Street from a pub near the ground."

“We went into a few pubs there, had a couple of drinks, and watched the results come in.

“There were Cardiff City fans in the pubs and it was fun."

“We then got a taxi to back to The Packet where we drank for another hour."

“We then got on the bus at The Packet where we expected to be going back to Birmingham."

“I was not aware it was going to stop at the pub (The Cornwall).”

In CCTV shown to Cardiff Crown Court Sweeney was seen with two objects in his hands shouting towards the pub with his arms outstretched.

“I had a plastic cup and half a bottle of Jack Daniels which was for the way home,” he said.

“Glass bottles and pint glasses were being thrown at me – I was a bit angry.

“I didn’t want to get involved so I was angry they were throwing glasses at me.

“I asked them: ‘Why are you throwing bottles at me? I am not doing anything’.

“I was telling everyone to get on the bus – I wanted to get out of there.”

Prosecutor James Wilson said to Sweeney: “You were part of a group that you knew full well were intent on causing violence?”

Sweeney replied: “I caused no violence and I threw no bottles.”

Mr Wilson added: “By having those objects you are inciting violence.”

Sweeney responded: “That is your opinion.”

The court heard Fowler, 49, from Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield, had three previous convictions for violent offences, two of which were football-related. These were in 2004 and 2005 and Fowler told the court he had not attended many football matches since.

Following questioning from his advocate Gary Bell he confirmed he was the managing director of a company that installs suspended ceilings employing almost 20 staff including freelancers.

The father of two also said his father had died from cancer a week before the incident.

When asked by Mr Bell how he reacted to the violence he said he was trying to calm the situation.

He told the court: “People were asking to stop at a shop. When the bus stopped I wanted to go to the toilet.

“I didn’t see the initial violence because I was looking for my son.

“I was telling [my son] Craig to stop.

“I was shouting at Cardiff City fans to get back in the pub and that I will get them [the Aston Villa fans] back on the coach.”

Mr Wilson asked Fowler how the coach, which was supposed to be going to Birmingham, ended up in Grangetown.

Fowler replied: “I haven’t got a clue.”

Mr Wilson asked: “It is just a coincidence it stopped near a Cardiff City pub?”

Fowler said: “I can’t help you with that."

Mr Wilson then asked: “Why didn’t you grab your son and go back to the bus?”

Fowler said: “People were throwing bottles. I was more focused on that."

During both men's initial interviews they both answered “no comment” to all questions.

When questioned why they didn’t answer Sweeney said: “Because I was nervous, to be honest with you.”

Fowler said it was after legal advice from his lawyer.

All three men deny violent disorder.

The trial continues.

Paul Sweeney leaving court
Attachments
C6160302-DC46-44A3-B341-F59B5843780D.jpeg
C6160302-DC46-44A3-B341-F59B5843780D.jpeg (289.51 KiB) Viewed 10855 times
0_WNSsweeney.jpg
0_WNSsweeney.jpg (62.03 KiB) Viewed 13993 times
1861B520-3F58-405D-8965-337530DC69CB.jpeg
1861B520-3F58-405D-8965-337530DC69CB.jpeg (285.41 KiB) Viewed 16082 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

VIDEO OF CARDIFF/ASTON VILA FANS FIGHTING / VERDICTS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VILLA FANS SAY THEY WERE ACTING AS PEACE MAKERS: CROWN C

Postby Kingyccfc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Villa were only 1-0 down at half time. They were rubbish though :lol:
Kingyccfc

Postby AV3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:Villa were only 1-0 down at half time. They were rubbish though :lol:

I have to say - If I could have left at half time, I would have. thinking about it now, I should have done. I just thought that it was pointless, given the bus I had come on was stuck outside until after the final whistle.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Had a pint with both lads last week in canton fowler was on the up wind up and sweeney was a right decent fella hope both walk,funny how times change
stephendavid

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:41 pm

stephendavid wrote:Had a pint with both lads last week in canton fowler was on the up wind up and sweeney was a right decent fella hope both walk,funny how times change

I agree that one can only speak as you find and innocent until proved otherwise but I Think they’d be daft to come across any other way with the position they’re currently in mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:44 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Had a pint with both lads last week in canton fowler was on the up wind up and sweeney was a right decent fella hope both walk,funny how times change

I agree that one can only speak as you find and innocent until proved otherwise but I Think they’d be daft to come across any other way with the position they’re currently in mate.

Spot on mate,my mucca got off earlier in this case so had a few beers together to celebrate and through another acquaintance met these 2 villa lads for a bevy sound as a pound they were
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Now let me guess.....

Did fighting Steven call him a bloat to his face?

Hmmmmm
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 pm

AV3 wrote:Now let me guess.....

Hmmmmm

Aww mate grow up ffs. No need for that schoolboy stuff is it.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Hmmmmm

Funny enough fella it did come up an his reply was that the blues lot call him a lot worse so there's your answer......and also funny enough was they'd never heard of a numpty going by the name AV4
stephendavid

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

That's what he's like unfortunately mate,having a civilised conversation an he turns it nasty or vindictive no need really but there you go........
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

The schoolboy stuff is actually calling somebody names on the internet, don't you think?

I'm personally not bothered either way - The bloke isn't my cup of tea but firstly, he isn't a bloat and secondly, even if he was, there is absolutely no way on this earth that a complete & utter no mark like Steven would call him one to his face - In fact you can just imagine him tripping over himself to buy the drinks. Pathetic.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:17 pm

AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

The schoolboy stuff is actually calling somebody names on the internet, don't you think?

I'm personally not bothered either way - The bloke isn't my cup of tea but firstly, he isn't a bloat and secondly, even if he was, there is absolutely no way on this earth that a complete & utter no mark like Steven would call him one to his face - In fact you can just imagine him tripping over himself to buy the drinks. Pathetic.

I’ve no reason to argue with you mate but I have never met Stephen and was wondering whether you had. If you haven’t then you’re not in the best position to judge perhaps.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm

AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

Fella again this is what you know..... absolute sweet fa,the guy was talking about his gym work etc & the respect he had for us,and as they were in the company of 6 old school top Cardiff lads an 1 or 2 others in their local boozer bang in the middle of Cardiff il think you'll find they were the 1s tripping over themselves to buy the drinks buddy.....speak as I find me though really decent genuine lads and I hope they walk.....just idiots like yourself who let your club down every club has them though av4
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

I’ve no reason to argue with you mate but I have never met Stephen and was wondering whether you had. If you haven’t then you’re not in the best position to judge perhaps.

Not the best position maybe but given the amount of mouthing off I've seen from him, not only to me but others as well, I'm pretty confident in my assessment that he's a waste of space.

Anyway, I'd planned not to comment any more on this until it was over so, I'll leave it at that. :thumbup:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 pm

AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

Not the best position maybe but given the amount of mouthing off I've seen from him, not only to me but others as well, I'm pretty confident in my assessment that he's a waste of space.

Anyway, I'd planned not to comment any more on this until it was over so, I'll leave it at that. :thumbup:

Best not to comment on things you know nothing about fella
stephendavid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:03 pm

stephendavid wrote:
AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hmmmmm

Best not to comment on things you know nothing about fella

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: Think AV4 has been found out :laughing6:
Roathy?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Re: TODAYS VERDICTS AT CARDIFF CROWN COURT: CARDIFF & ASTON

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

UPDATED:

TODAYS VERDICTS AT CARDIFF CROWN COURT: CARDIFF & ASTON VILLA FANS

Aston Villa fan Paul Sweeney, 32, was convicted by a jury today.

His co-defendants Steven Fowler Villa fan, of Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield was found not guilty of violent disorder.

Cardiff fans Dominic Burgess, 36, of Porthcawl and Rob Moore of Cardiff were found not guilty of violent disorder.

Three other Cardiff fans and one Villa fan were cleared at an earlier trial.

Five other defendants who were convicted following a previous trial, as well as a man who admitted his part in the incident, are also due to be sentenced on December 10th.

Aston Villa fan brandished whisky bottle in fight at Cardiff pub

Cardiff Crown Court

An Aston Villa fan has been found guilty of violent disorder at a pub in Cardiff after his team were beaten by Cardiff City last year.

Paul Sweeney, 32, was convicted by a jury on Wednesday following a trial a Cardiff Crown Court over his part in a clash between Villa and Bluebirds supporters outside The Cornwall pub in Grangetown on August 12, 2017.

His co-defendants Steven Fowler, of Cottage Lane, Sutton Coldfield, and Dominic Burgess, 36, of Woodland Avenue, Porthcawl, were found not guilty of violent disorder.

Prosecutor James Wilson previously told the court that “punches, kicks and bottles were thrown” during the incident in which Villa fans got off a bus and tried to enter the pub frequented by Cardiff City fans.

The disorder was caught inside the pub and outside on the streets on CCTV.

Sweeney said he and other Villa fans had good-natured banter with Cardiff fans after leaving the match.

“We went to the match but left just before half time when we were 2-0 down,” he said.

“I’d had enough, we were terrible.”

Sweeney was later seen with two objects in his hands shouting towards the pub with his arms outstretched.

He claimed the objects were a plastic cup and half a bottle of Jack Daniels for the trip home to Birmingham and said he did not want to get involved in the fracas.

But his account was not believed by the jury who found him guilty in an unanimous verdict.

Sweeney, who sat stony faced in the dock as the verdicts were read out, had previously been made subject to a football banning order prior to the incident in Cardiff.

Judge Neil Bidder QC granted the defendant unconditional bail but told him that “all sentencing options were open” to him, including imprisonment.

Sweeney, of Knightcote Drive, Solihull, will appear at Cardiff Crown Court for sentencing on December 10.

Five other defendants who were convicted following a previous trial, as well as a man who admitted his part in the incident, are also due to be sentenced.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: TODAYS VERDICTS AT CARDIFF CROWN COURT: CARDIFF/ASTON VI

Postby stephendavid » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Strange case with some strange outcomes......buzzing for the 1s who walked mind
stephendavid

Postby BEEP AHM » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:43 pm

AV3 you are a complete no mark and get on people's tits, just take the hint and do one
BEEP AHM

Postby AV3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:AV3 you are a complete no mark and get on people's tits, just take the hint and do one

People slag my team, our players and our fans then I will respond accordingly.

If you can't see that then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:48 pm

AV3 wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:AV3 you are a complete no mark and get on people's tits, just take the hint and do one

People slag my team, our players and our fans then I will respond accordingly.

If you can't see that then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.

You do fully understand this is a CARDIFF CITY FORUM don't you fella........,I know your not the brightest AV4 but come on your just like thrush you fella
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 pm

You do fully understand this is a CARDIFF CITY FORUM don't you fella

Question mark at the end of the sentence please.

I know your not the brightest AV4 but come on your just like thrush you fella

It's "You're", not "your"

Now who isn't the brightest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm

AV3 wrote:

Ohhhh you're hard. Found an online dictionary did you? :happy1:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stephendavid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:05 pm

AV3 wrote:

Go ed AV4 the trainee lawyer looool roathy do the ayatollah roathy
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Mind the gap Steven. :laughing5:

And always remember - You're not relegated until the fat lady sings (or does the ayatollah) :wave:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

AV3 wrote:

The first one could be a statement rather than a question thus not requiring a question mark.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stephendavid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

AV3 wrote:Mind the gap Steven. :laughing5:

And always remember - You're not relegated until the fat lady sings (or does the ayatollah) :wave:

You want to mind the gap to league 1 fella if I were you......
stephendavid

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:06 am

VIDEO OF VILLA FANS KICKING ONE CARDIFF FAN ON THE FLOOR

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... l-15390244 :o
Attachments
043D61A0-5C0B-4E19-B38F-746793673C88.jpeg
043D61A0-5C0B-4E19-B38F-746793673C88.jpeg (289.51 KiB) Viewed 10855 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: VIDEO OF CARDIFF/ASTON VILA FABS FIGHTING / VERDICTS

Postby stephendavid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:25 am

Kicking a man when he's down........with odds of 4/5 to 1 aswell tut tut tut no doubt AV4 will have his say lol
stephendavid

Re: VIDEO OF CARDIFF/ASTON VILA FABS FIGHTING / VERDICTS

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 am

stephendavid wrote:Kicking a man when he's down........with odds of 4/5 to 1 aswell tut tut tut no doubt AV4 will have his say lol

More than well out of order Stephen, I have always despised people who do this :evil:

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat