Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: " Rafa Benitez's "

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Neil Warnock's verdict on Rafa Benitez's job security at Newcastle United amid mounting tensions with Mike Ashley

Talk Sport

Tuesday 23rd October 2018

Neil Warnock does not believe Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez will walk away from his job despite mounting tensions on Tyneside.

Cardiff City jumped out of the Premier League relegation zone on Saturday with a 4-2 win over Fulham , while Newcastle's 1-0 home defeat by Brighton left them rock bottom.

With ongoing difficulties between Benitez and Toon owner Mike Ashley, the Spaniard is now 11/2 with some bookmakers to become the first Premier League manager to leave his job.

Warnock is back out at 9/1 following the Bluebirds first win. But he has defended Benitez and the job he's doing at St James' Park.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I just think sometimes as manager, you can only do so much, you can train, sort your tactics and get everything ready,” said Warnock on talkSPORT.

“We played Burnley a few weeks ago and we lost the game 2-1, due to two breakaways because we defended poorly."

“You’ve got to leave it to your players, the manager can only do so much you know and that’s the one thing about Rafa, he won’t call it a day."

“He’ll keep going come what may and it’s an amazing place, I wouldn’t write anyone off down there yet as I think it’s too early.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: " Rafa Benitez's "

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock's verdict on Rafa Benitez's job security at Newcastle United amid mounting tensions with Mike Ashley

Talk Sport

Neil Warnock does not believe Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez will walk away from his job despite mounting tensions on Tyneside.

Cardiff City jumped out of the Premier League relegation zone on Saturday with a 4-2 win over Fulham , while Newcastle's 1-0 home defeat by Brighton left them rock bottom.

With ongoing difficulties between Benitez and Toon owner Mike Ashley, the Spaniard is now 11/2 with some bookmakers to become the first Premier League manager to leave his job.

Warnock is back out at 9/1 following the Bluebirds first win. But he has defended Benitez and the job he's doing at St James' Park.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I just think sometimes as manager, you can only do so much, you can train, sort your tactics and get everything ready,” said Warnock on talkSPORT.

“We played Burnley a few weeks ago and we lost the game 2-1, due to two breakaways because we defended poorly."

“You’ve got to leave it to your players, the manager can only do so much you know and that’s the one thing about Rafa, he won’t call it a day."

“He’ll keep going come what may and it’s an amazing place, I wouldn’t write anyone off down there yet as I think it’s too early.”

Allardyce would keep them up no doubt, that's what he does !!!

Re: Neil Warnock: " Rafa Benitez's "

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock's verdict on Rafa Benitez's job security at Newcastle United amid mounting tensions with Mike Ashley

Talk Sport

NEIL WARNOCK:

Allardyce would keep them up no doubt, that's what he does !!!

Didn't he go to Newcastle and buy Barton and Nolan... horrible players to play against :laughing6: