Bobby Reid Doesn't Hate Bristol.....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby moonboots » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:21 pm

So let's not sing it eh! He deserves a better song than that.

He's a Bristol lad and played for his home town club. I would hate that song if I were him....so let's swap Bristol for Swansea. :bluescarf:
moonboots

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bobby Reid Doesn't Hate Bristol.....

Postby fred keenor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Not a great song , he played for bristol since a kid, time to change the song for him out of respect.
fred keenor

Postby montyblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 pm

TO THE TUNE OF MY OLD MANS A DUSTMAN

OH BOBBY REIDS A BLUEBIRD
HE' S FLYING HERE AND THERE
AND IF YOU THINK YOU MISSED HIM
HE' S BLUE WITH DREADLOCK HAIR.
montyblue

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Don't know what he thinks of the Gas, but he certainly does not hate Bristol City. Cringeworthy song. OK for Lee Tomlin, perhaps, but not for a real Bristolian.
llangainbluebird

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Agree awful song for Reid
Milkybarkid

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Sounds so stupid.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 pm

I absolutely agree.
I created a thread on this a while back saying the same.
This boy has a fantastic talent although he's obviously been finding it hard to make the adjustment. On Saturday we saw a glimpse of the iconic player he can become and it's very very destructive to disaffect him from our supporters with this idiotic song.
Surprisingly , as a Bristolian, he doesn't hate his family or those he was brought up with. I haven't lived in Wales for many years but if I'd have played for a team and the crowd was chanting some crap about Wales every time I touched the ball I'd have walked off the field, and believe me I really would have. ( Welsh wanker... Sheep shagger etc I'd be perfectly okay with, but insulting your family and background would cross a line )
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:03 pm

agree with all above..

cant get my head around why anyone would join in singing it..surely the idea is to encourage and pick players up , not piss them off...
dogfound

Postby Bluesman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Don't sing it again. Change it.
Bluesman

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I absolutely agree.
This boy has a fantastic talent although he's obviously been finding it hard to make the adjustment. On Saturday we saw a glimpse of the iconic player he can become and it's very very destructive to disaffect him from our supporters with this idiotic song.
Surprisingly , as a Bristolian, he doesn't hate his family or those he was brought up with. I haven't lived in Wales for many years but if I'd have played for a team and the crowd was chanting some crap about Wales every time I touched the ball I'd have walked off the field, and believe me I really would have. ( Welsh wanker... Sheep shagger etc I'd be perfectly okay with, but insulting your family and background would cross a line )

f**k sake insulting his family :lol: :lol:

Your a right fruitcake you are.

The only thing that’s bad about it is it makes us look dumb as f**k since he clearly doesn’t hate Bristol.
Llan_Blue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 pm

I totally agree.

Can anyone suggest a good song for our Bobby?
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I totally agree.

Can anyone suggest a good song for our Bobby?

Bobby Reid is a blue, he loves Bristol
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I absolutely agree.

f**k sake insulting his family :lol: :lol:

Your a right fruitcake you are.

The only thing that’s bad about it is it makes us look dumb as f**k since he clearly doesn’t hate Bristol.

Do you really need to do that insult stuff ? Does it make you feel like a big boy or something - similar mentality I guess to people wanting to sing crap like that song. It's an unfortunate fact of life that football attracts a certain number of people who think it's a cover for behaving like idiots and an outlet for their mean spirited nature.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bluesman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:50 am

Change the song to "Bobby read is a Blue he loves Cardiff". This should satisfy all.
Bluesman

Postby Blueboys1927 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am

Bobby Reid was over with all the Bristol City academy and youth team boys last week and had his picture taken with them all, it's his club and he loves them. My sons 2 mates from St mellons who both play for Bristol City were in the photos. The photos were all over social media :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby WelshBluebird » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 am

To be fair, couldn't you say the same about a lot of football chants?
Take the "we hate the west country" one we sing. I live in Bath for crying out loud, so its obvious I don't - but I still sing it.
Hell I have been to games with English girlfriend's over the course of the last 10 years, and every time they have joined in with the chants about England.
It is about creating an atmosphere. Are there better chants we could do? Of course! But surely some people are thinking about this too much? If you use the logic of this thread, then surely we shouldn't sing about England or Swansea at all (since we have players from England and Swansea).
WelshBluebird

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 am

WelshBluebird wrote:To be fair, couldn't you say the same about a lot of football chants?
Take the "we hate the west country" one we sing. I live in Bath for crying out loud, so its obvious I don't - but I still sing it.
Hell I have been to games with English girlfriend's over the course of the last 10 years, and every time they have joined in with the chants about England.
It is about creating an atmosphere. Are there better chants we could do? Of course! But surely some people are thinking about this too much? If you use the logic of this thread, then surely we shouldn't sing about England or Swansea at all (since we have players from England and Swansea).

No, you shouldn't really. I'm a big believer in free speech so I wouldn't want to stop anyone saying or singing what they want to, but since you raise it, such negative and actually rather spiteful sentiments are far more corrosive to those who hold them than whoever the targets are.
Much better to put your efforts into trying to do your own thing well than bitching about your neighbours. This atmosphere creation idea which you speak of is definitely right, but wouldn't we prefer to direct this massive energy source to spur on our players and team - even tactically intimidate opponents within reason - than waste it on pathetic sounding insults about people who live a few miles up the road.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Dahboy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Please lets not sing this anymore its cringe. He loves bristol city and we should respect that. Like I said I cringe every time it's sung, so let's knock it on the head lads.
Dahboy

Postby dogfound » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:To be fair, couldn't you say the same about a lot of football chants?

no you cant.....we hate the west country or England is a generalisation…..Bobby Reid hates Bristol is untrue, personal and just off your trolley bonkers...
and yes we have English players but nobody in their right mind thinks those English players hate England let alone make a song up about it..
as for these girlfriends. waw..as a Welshman I know I wouldn't be able to join in an anti Wales song...think that goes for most ….
dogfound

Postby JB1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Maybe Bobby Reid should be passed 'the magic hat'!!
JB1

Postby simon1927 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:58 am

A wales online article today confirms he is in the process of changing his name to Bobby Decordova

Surely we make a chant with the name he chooses to go by?

For example his name to the conga tune
simon1927

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

Bristol City fans hate Reid after signing for us.
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat