IF we go down

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF we go down

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:30 pm

If we go down how many players currently in the squad would be picked up by other PL clubs?

Joe Bennett?
Josh Murphy?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

IF we go down

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: IF we go down

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:41 pm

That's a difficult call.I thought the 2 you mention were bought to help us get back up should we fail.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Igovernor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Put it like this, if Murphy was targeted by top premier clubs we would more than double our money, but as I see it, if we do go down, none of our players top players will be sold!
Igovernor

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Igovernor wrote:Put it like this, if Murphy was targeted by top premier clubs we would more than double our money, but as I see it, if we do go down, none of our players top players will be sold!

I hope you're right but as you say we could double our money on some of these smart buys :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

We're not going down, so no need to worry about it.
Which players will we buy in the summer to consolidate our mid table position and continue our gradual progress towards the top end of the premiership over the next four or five years ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:We're not going down, so no need to worry about it.
Which players will we buy in the summer to consolidate our mid table position and continue our gradual progress towards the top end of the premiership over the next four or five years ?

:laughing6: Rooney is coming on loan I heard.... :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Daniel_PT_blues » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Etheridge
Daniel_PT_blues

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:23 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

He's not good enough any more. I'm confused , if we don't intend to consolidate then move on in the next stage to great things, why have we bothered to fight our way this far ? I remember when Liverpool were a lower league mob before Bill Shankley, so why can't we do that ?
As I keep saying here, it's not an overnight thing but like most things in life it can be achieved if you intend, rather than hope , to complete the " mission".
:happy1:
I'm not having a go at you personally but a lot of people here don't get it. Vincent Tan and Sir Neil are not men who dabble in things with some vague and transient concept of what they're trying to achieve, nor are they dreamers whose hopes don't match reality. That's why they're stabilising the club financially and waiting till they've created wealth before they spend it. That's why they're organising fantastic world class training and academy facilities at Hensol and planning staged extension of the Stadium.
Of course the whole project can be knocked back or even broken at any point, but the intention is to transform Cardiff City into a world class club.
I know you'd be the first one to celebrate that, so stop accepting the idea of being second best. We might have to wait for it rather than doing it on a pay day loan and ending up like Aston Villa, ( and actually I predict Fulham and Wolves too), but it can and I think, will come in time because we're doing it the right way.
In short, the idea of top players coming to Cardiff might seem ridiculous at the moment but that could change completely within three to five years.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:19 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

He's not good enough any more. I'm confused , if we don't intend to consolidate then move on in the next stage to great things, why have we bothered to fight our way this far ? I remember when Liverpool were a lower league mob before Bill Shankley, so why can't we do that ?
As I keep saying here, it's not an overnight thing but like most things in life it can be achieved if you intend, rather than hope , to complete the " mission".
I'm not having a go at you personally but a lot of people here don't get it. Vincent Tan and Sir Neil are not men who dabble in things with some vague and transient concept of what they're trying to achieve, nor are they dreamers whose hopes don't match reality. That's why they're stabilising the club financially and waiting till they've created wealth before they spend it. That's why they're organising fantastic world class training and academy facilities at Hensol and planning staged extension of the Stadium.
Of course the whole project can be knocked back or even broken at any point, but the intention is to transform Cardiff City into a world class club.
I know you'd be the first one to celebrate that, so stop accepting the idea of being second best. We might have to wait for it rather than doing it on a pay day loan and ending up like Aston Villa, ( and actually I predict Fulham and Wolves too), but it can and I think, will come in time because we're doing it the right way.
In short, the idea of top players coming to Cardiff might seem ridiculous at the moment but that could change completely within three to five years.

a lower league mob....is this the same Liverpool mob who were 5 times champions and in the second tier for a few years getting 30 odd thousand crowds..?
stretching it a bit there..
dogfound

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

a lower league mob....is this the same Liverpool mob who were 5 times champions and in the second tier for a few years getting 30 odd thousand crowds..?

Yeah, absolutely the same Liverpool. That's my whole point isn't it ?
Before Bill Shankley took over, Liverpool were totally in the doldrums - if you say they were getting big crowds in the second division I have no reason to doubt you, but I don't recall that. In any case , the point is that they gradually improved and got better and eventually achieved all that great stuff you've mentioned , and there's no reason to think we couldn't do the same in time.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:38 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah, absolutely the same Liverpool. That's my whole point isn't it ?
Before Bill Shankley took over, Liverpool were totally in the doldrums - if you say they were getting big crowds in the second division I have no reason to doubt you, but I don't recall that. In any case , the point is that they gradually improved and got better and eventually achieved all that great stuff you've mentioned , and there's no reason to think we couldn't do the same in time.

no....they had already been league champions 5 times before Shankly arrived and were already a big club....prior to him taking over their 4 previous finishes in the 2nd tier were 4th twice and 3rd twice...
im sorry but this lower league mob in the doldrums is fiction....

i do think we have under achieved more than any other club over the years but i fear you are setting the bar to high..
dogfound

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 am

I would say Eithridge and Morrison would have a good chance of going to a premier league club especially with the newly promoted teams such as Boro would fancy either of them.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Even if we stay up I think Josh Murphy and Neil Etheridge will be targets for other PL clubs.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Even if we stay up I think Josh Murphy and Neil Etheridge will be targets for other PL clubs.

The power would be with us re transfer prices if that was the case so its win win :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby northernbluebird » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm

early days, but murphy and possibly paterson (the most underrated player in our squad) are the only players that would generate any real interest. the rest would go down with us (not that i'd be complaining).

that said, they could quite easily generate very little interest. no-one has really done anything yet to really make signing them a no brainer.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat