Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Liverpool v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Liverpool win
46%
Cardiff City win
19%
Draw
35%

Total votes : 54

MATCH THREAD: “ LIVERPOOL v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm

LIVERPOOL v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 27th October, 3pm
Premier League
Anfield

Cardiff: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Murphy, Reid, Hoilett, Paterson.
Cardiff subs: Smithies, Connolly, Cunningham, Damour, K.Harris, Madine, Zohore :bluebird:

Cardiff City have sold their full Away Allocation :thumbright: :bluebird:

26/10/18

NEIL WARNOCK:

Injury news

Warnock has revealed Harry Arter and Josh Murphy are both doubtful for this weekend’s game - both have knocks.

Gary Madine should be available after recovering from illness.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’ve had a couple of problems this week, we’re definitely going to have to make one change."

Joe Ralls still has two matches left on his three-game suspension, but will be available for the home clash with Brighton.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Injury news 26/10/18

Warnock has revealed Harry Arter and Josh Murphy are both doubtful for this weekend’s game - both have knocks.

Gary Madine should be available after recovering from illness.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’ve had a couple of problems this week, we’re definitely going to have to make one change."

All odds according to Sky Bet.

LIVERPOOL TO WIN - 1/9

DRAW - 15/2

CARDIFF TO WIN 22/1

27679B80-1F0C-4065-AF89-19380783977B.jpeg

About Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club is a professional football club in Liverpool, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top tier of English football. The club has won 5 European Cups, more than any other English club, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, and 15 FA Community Shields.

Founded in 1892, the club joined the Football League the following year and has played at Anfield since its formation. Liverpool established itself as a major force in English and European football in the 1970s and 1980s when Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley led the club to 11 League titles and seven European trophies. Under the management of Rafael Benítez and captained by Steven Gerrard, Liverpool became European champions for the fifth time in 2005.

Liverpool was the ninth highest-earning football club in the world in 2016–17, with an annual revenue of €424.2 million, and the world's eighth most valuable football club in 2018, valued at $1.944 billion. The club is one of the best supported teams in the world. Liverpool has long-standing rivalries with Manchester United and Everton.

The club's supporters have been involved in two major tragedies: the Heysel Stadium disaster, where escaping fans were pressed against a collapsing wall at the 1985 European Cup Final in Brussels, with 39 people – mostly Italians and Juventus fans – dying, after which English clubs were given a five-year ban from European competition, and the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, where 96 Liverpool supporters died in a crush against perimeter fencing.

The team changed from red shirts and white shorts to an all-red home strip in 1964 which has been used ever since. The club's anthem is "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Previous Meeting

We last played Liverpool in March 2014. We lost the Premier League match at Cardiff City Stadium 6-3. Jordon Mutch scored two for us, with Frazier Campbell getting the other. A hat-trick from Luis Suarez, two by Martin Skrtel and one goal for Daniel Sturridge were the Liverpool goalscorers.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Shaqiri, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Salah, Sturridge

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa, Murphy, Reid, Paterson

Form - Last Three Games

Liverpool 4-0 Crvena Zvezda
Huddersfield Town 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Manchester City

Cardiff City 4-2 Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 1-2 Burnley

Match Odds

Liverpool - 1/9
Cardiff City - 18/1
Draw - 8/1

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ LIVERPOOL v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:14 pm

First to vote on this one 0-1 city :bluescarf:
Will the optimism continue on the message board :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:23 pm

3 -1 to Liverpool even though i'd love to hammer those bin dipping wankers

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Liverpool havent conceded a goal at home since February. but i have a sneaky suspicion we will get on here.

like Philly above me, im saying 3-1 though.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Liverpool havent conceded a goal at home since February. but i have a sneaky suspicion we will get on here.

like Philly above me, im saying 3-1 though.

Sol Bamba to beat VVD to a header ? :laughing5:

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 pm

1-1 coming up to 89th minute, free kick to City on right hand side, whipped in, calamity in the box, Mozza is there to smash in the rebound to mass eruption from the city faithful.

In all fairness I think we will nick a goal, but we will probably lose.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm

I think a comfortable win for Liverpool by at least 3 goals. Not getting carried away by one win against a poor side. There will be more wins to follow, but not against this Liverpool team unfortunately.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a comfortable win for Liverpool by at least 3 goals. Not getting carried away by one win against a poor side. There will be more wins to follow, but not against this Liverpool team unfortunately.

Watched them against Huddersfield on Sky. They were not all that and hudds could have drawn too. Also, pool have a game in the week, so maybe a few out when they play us.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:42 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think a comfortable win for Liverpool by at least 3 goals. Not getting carried away by one win against a poor side. There will be more wins to follow, but not against this Liverpool team unfortunately.

Watched them against Huddersfield on Sky. They were not all that and hudds could have drawn too. Also, pool have a game in the week, so maybe a few out when they play us.

Fingers crossed then. Anything we can pick up from these sort of teams is a big bonus, and a big confidence booster as well.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am

Hello everyone,

First of all, congratulations on your excellent win the other day. It was well deserved.

My name's Owen and I have a podcast about Liverpool. I would love to interview somebody from this forum about our upcoming match.

I always try to connect with Liverpool's opposition fans, and in the spirit of total respect, would like to ask a few questions about Cardiff and the season so far, as well as questions about what to expect in Liverpool vs Cardiff.

If you're interested, please either send me a direct message, or contact me at koponpodcast at Gmail dot com. I would like to record on Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday, as you like.

Many thanks.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Bananas wrote:
Kop On Podcast wrote:Hello everyone,

First of all, congratulations on your excellent win the other day. It was well deserved.

My name's Owen and I have a podcast about Liverpool. I would love to interview somebody from this forum about our upcoming match.

I always try to connect with Liverpool's opposition fans, and in the spirit of total respect, would like to ask a few questions about Cardiff and the season so far, as well as questions about what to expect in Liverpool vs Cardiff.

If you're interested, please either send me a direct message, or contact me at koponpodcast at Gmail dot com. I would like to record on Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday, as you like.

Many thanks.

Wrong messageboard mate. Real passionate fans here who support their own team, not someone else's. Try plastics.com
:thumbright:

He wants the opinion of a Cardiff fan you muppet :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:16 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Kop On Podcast wrote:Hello everyone,

Many thanks.

Wrong messageboard mate. Real passionate fans here who support their own team, not someone else's. Try plastics.com
:thumbright:

He wants the opinion of a Cardiff fan you muppet :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

:laughing6:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:48 am

True, I'm after the view from a Cardiff fan about Cardiff rather than another team!

Anyone up for an interview? It'll be free if you have free local calls, and it should take 20-30 minutes max.

Thanks

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 am

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear :laughing6: go and talk to your fellow plastics :old: :thumbup: as this is a forum for real fans and not scouse plastics and you wouldn't understand real fans. Of course when we play Everton that will be different, proper fans like us :ayatollah: :bluebird: :thumbup: :wave: Hwyl fawr butt

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 am

Bananas wrote:Perhaps I didn't make myself clear :laughing6: go and talk to your fellow plastics :old: :thumbup: as this is a forum for real fans and not scouse plastics and you wouldn't understand real fans. Of course when we play Everton that will be different, proper fans like us :ayatollah: :bluebird: :thumbup: :wave: Hwyl fawr butt

A bit harsh :laughing5:

I hate Liverpool just as much as the next bloke but he has been polite even with your first shitty answer.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:44 am

I love our optimism - a win over Fulham and a combined 63% of our fans think we won't loose to Liverpool :laughing6: - I hope they are right!

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bananas wrote:Perhaps I didn't make myself clear :laughing6: go and talk to your fellow plastics :old: :thumbup: as this is a forum for real fans and not scouse plastics and you wouldn't understand real fans. Of course when we play Everton that will be different, proper fans like us :ayatollah: :bluebird: :thumbup: :wave: Hwyl fawr butt

A bit harsh :laughing5:

I hate Liverpool just as much as the next bloke but he has been polite even with your first shitty answer.

well.....the fella asked for an opinion and he got one..
maybe not the sort of reply he was expecting or gets from Fulham and Bournemouth fans but defo a topic for his podcast..

Bananas expects to encounter thousands of plastics and a Cardiff win

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:27 am

eat you heart out Chris Sutton...if your going to offend someone, do it properly...

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:58 am

Kop On Podcast wrote:True, I'm after the view from a Cardiff fan about Cardiff rather than another team!

Anyone up for an interview? It'll be free if you have free local calls, and it should take 20-30 minutes max.

Thanks

Have you found somebody to interview? There are plenty of decent Cardiff fans about.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am

You've done a really shite job at trying to save face there.. Because that's not at all what you meant :lol: What a tit.

Leave the feller alone, and if he wants to speak to Cardiff fans for his podcast then good on him.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am

Remember the last away game, don't sack Mackay ......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5vUVrEW32E

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:Remember the last away game, don't sack Mackay ......................

I don't ever remember a riot :|

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:50 pm

dogfound wrote:

eat you heart out Chris Sutton...if your going to offend someone, do it properly...

This is a person who insulted a fan on here because he asked if any electricians here? Saying it was a forum for football fans and nothing else ! Seems to be anti people unless you are city fan and only talk ccfc? :o

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:39 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Remember the last away game, don't sack Mackay ......................

I don't ever remember a riot :|

well he didn't sack him that week..

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

This is a person who insulted a fan on here because he asked if any electricians here? Saying it was a forum for football fans and nothing else ! Seems to be anti people unless you are city fan and only talk ccfc? :o

im not an electrician so hadn't read that thread......have now.....got to say he is very selective who he criticises

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

im not an electrician so hadn't read that thread......have now.....got to say he is very selective who he criticises

Guess it's just his the way? But it was said as if the person had no right to post or ask about electrician? But as we know this forum is open to anyone and generally anything not just football. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Danny, Mozza, Bobby Talk Up Bluebirds Premier Dream

By Terry Phillips

Tuesday 24th October 2018

What a feeling. Bobby Decordova-Reid in happy mood during the win against Fulham. Pic: Cardiff City.

Danny Ward has his heart set on returning to the Cardiff City squad against Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday.

The former Huddersfield striker has been out since suffering an injury against Spurs at Wembley, but says: “Returning for the game at Liverpool was my target and we’ll see how this week goes.

“The injury has been coming along quite well and I have been out running this week, but I am also taking it day-by-day.

“It’s been frustrating not being out on the pitch, but it was also fantastic to see the boys win against Fulham. We are a tight-knit group.

“I’m gutted not to be playing, but I could not have been happier to see Josh (Murphy), Bobby (Decordova-Reid), Callum (Paterson) and Kads (Kadeem Harris) score their goals.

“The atmosphere in the dressing room after that was great."

“Playing Liverpool off the back of a win feels good. Our training ground is a good place to be right now.

“We know how tough it will be on Saturday, but winning against Fulham was brilliant and put everybody in a much better frame of mind.

“Don’t get me wrong, we will all battle to the end of this season, but it was getting tough and winning lifted everybody."

“We have shown we can put the ball away and now it’s about working to build on momentum and confidence.”

If Ward, aged 26, misses out on playing at Anfield, he will be intent on ensuring he is fit and ready for back-to-back home fixtures against Leicester and Brighton.

They are going to be critical fixtures in front of, hopefully, sell-out attendances.

The Bluebirds now face four successive Saturday Premier League fixtures and three of them will kick-off at 3pm. They are against Liverpool (away), Leicester (home on November 3) and Everton (away on November 23).

The home fixture against Brighton on November 10 starts at 12.30pm.

I chatted to Ward and City captain Sean Morrison on a sunny day at Cardiff Castle this week and both talked earnestly about hopes of staying out of the bottom three and maintaining top tier status.

Cardiff are fourth from bottom, in front of Fulham, Huddersfield and Newcastle, while the next two visitors to the CCS, Leicester and Brighton, are 11th and 12th respectively.

“Bluebirds fans are incredible,” said captain ‘Mozza’. “To earn that first win in front of them was fantastic.

“Our goal is to stay up and we’ve made a little stepping stone to do that. Man-for-man we were the better team against Fulham and winning was special.

“I hope people can see we’re moving in the right direction, that we’re adding to the Premier League and trying to be a better team.

“We’ve been building it up and during the performances against Fulham we were in a different gear and that’s what got us over the line.”

Goalscorer Murphy and Reid are showing major signs that they can be potent threats against Premier League defenders this season with their pace and awareness, while Spanish midfield player Victor Camarasa is looking better and better.

He looks a class act through the middle and there were signs that his link with Harry Arter and Aron Gunnarsson, back after injury, can ensure City part playing more and more fluent passing football.

Camarasa and Arter looked comfortable knowing Gunnarsson was watching their backs and protecting the back four. The Icelandic warrior played for 77 minutes against Fulham, which was astonishing given that it was his first appearance of the season and he had only completed two full training sessions with the Bluebirds.

Joe Ralls still has two matches left on his three-game suspension, but will be available for the home clash with Brighton.

Decordova-Reid was overjoyed with his first goal of the season and described the victory against Fulham as ‘massive’.

“We know we are good enough to win games and can compete in this league,” he says. “The squad underlined that by winning and hopefully we can take that on to our next run of games.

“The manager has given us a lot of confidence. We all go out there and perform for him.

“He brought me here for a reason and it’s important that I continue to work hard and hopefully find my best form.

“We just need to carry on now and try to bring the form onto our next game. When we head to Anfield we can enjoy the game, but at the same time we’ll everything possible to try and earn a positive result.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:35 am

Liverpool team news: Predicted Liverpool line up vs Cardiff – Fabinho to start again

Liverpool News

Thursday 25th October 2018

Liverpool team news predicted line up Cardiff

Liverpool are back in Premier League action this weekend when they welcome newly-promoted Cardiff to Anfield on Saturday.

The Reds are currently unbeaten in the league and head into the game on the back of an impressive 4-0 Champions League win over Red Star Belgrade.

Despite a shaky opening, summer signing Fabinho caught the eye on his first start for the club and could retain his place against the Bluebirds as Liverpool suffer with injuries.

Jordan Henderson has been ruled out of the upcoming clash with a hamstring injury while Naby Keita is also doubtful due to a similar problem.

Fabinho has been restricted to fleeting cameo appearances as he becomes accustomed to life in England, but the Brazilian was handed his full debut by Klopp on Wednesday evening.

The 25-year-old looked nervous and sluggish in the opening exchanges but soon settled, winning a number of crunching tackles and driving forward from the base of the midfield.

Cardiff’s visit to Anfield gives Klopp another opportunity to assess the former Monaco ace, with the Bluebirds riding high after their first win of the season against Fulham last time out.

With Henderson and Keita both sidelined, Fabinho could line up alongside Georginio Wijnaldum and James Milner – who was rested in midweek.

Liverpool team news predicted line up Cardiff

Xherdan Shaqiri is another alternative for Klopp in the central three while Adam Lallana has also recently returned to fitness.

Trent Alexander-Arnold was recalled on Wednesday after sitting out Liverpool’s previous two matches, although the return of Dejan Lovren at centre-back could see the 20-year-old miss out again if Joe Gomez moves to right-back.

In attack, Sadio Mane is available after undergoing surgery on a broken thumb and should link up with Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

Liverpool are currently joint-top of the table, level with Manchester City on 23 points, and Klopp will already have one eye on their meeting with Arsenal at the Emirates next week.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 am

SKY SPORTS

Liverpool v Cardiff City

Thursday 25th October 2018

Time for Mohamed Salah to catch fire? (Liverpool v Cardiff, Saturday, 3pm)

Salah was the match winner for Liverpool last weekend in the 1-0 win over Huddersfield, maintaining their unbeaten start to the league season. It was arguably the first time we have seen Salah this season finish with any conviction after a slow start to the campaign in front of goal. "Slow" may be a little harsh, but it comes after Salah won the Premier League Golden Boot in his debut campaign at Anfield, bagging 32 goals last term. He's set the bar so high.

Cardiff will need to at their best stop him, Salah has been involved in six goals in his last five Premier League appearances against newly promoted opposition (three goals, three assists).