Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The crowd - something different on Saturday

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:43 am

It may only be me but something was different about the crowd and atmosphere on Saturday As a long term city fan I have heard from many city fans how great our fans are when even the atmosphere has been poor But Saturday for me was up there with some of the best days I sit on level 4 of the grandstand and the sound coming from all sides of the ground was excellent Usually we only hear the canton stand.
It felt as if the whole ground knew the team needed us We know we don’t have the best team but we also know we have a group of players who seem to care about the club and fans and for many of us that what matters

Canton stand you were particularly great on Saturday

Re: The crowd - something different on Saturday

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:18 am

I agree with this. It was the best I've been in at the CCS. I think in previous games there has been a sense of enivitability about the outcome which has dampened the atmosphere. On Saturday it felt like everyone knew we could win. Hopefully this kick starts us into believing more often as I really think our home form is going to keep us up.

Re: The crowd - something different on Saturday

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 am

I don't think I've read a report or watched any highlights show where the crowd noise has not been mentioned concerning Saturdays game.

It tells me that reporters and commentators notice a difference from previous games they've been to concerning other teams. So much so they are moved to mention it.

I love it when independents notice.