Warnock Best British Manager

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby AndyHazy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm going to keep this brief, we should not be in the Premiership. We are only here because of Warnock and the trash I've been reading on this forum recently from negative fans is beyond belief. Sit back and remember we were close to relagation when Warnock took over. We owe this man a lot and if we do mange to stay up this year he will be the greatest Cardiff manager in our history. I honestly believe Warnock should be managing a top 4 team.
AndyHazy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock Best British Manager

Postby skiprat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 pm

No he wont no manager in our history has come remotely near achieving what Fred Stewart did.
skiprat

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Not yet.
I agree with the original poster, although it's not Sir Neil's style to manage teams like the top six.
I'd certainly have appointed him as England manager because he's good at getting the very best out of good players who maybe aren't quite as good as some world beaters and going as far as possible to making up that difference
SirJimmySchoular

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 am

He's a manager who suffers from the media who are obsessed with foreign everything. We play very similar football to say for instance what Atletico Madrid do.

Look at Diego Simeone. Plays 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 tactics to great effect. Comes across on touchline with the same aura as Warnock and he makes players run through brick walls and achieve well beyond their means.

Because Simeone is Argentinian, it is over-looked that he plays a 4-4-2 and a big man/little man partnership up top... Because he's foreign he must be doing something far sexier than a British coach could do.

Would I say he's the best British manager currently in a job? Well he's only competing with Eddie Howe for that crown. Honestly I'd say he's second to Howe at the moment. Although I feel it's a crying shame Neil has been discriminated against throughout his career and not given the chance at a top club.

What I love about the players he has signed this summer is that they are players that can change our mid-to-long-term philosophy at the club and he is not just buying players for himself.
BrightBlueFuture

Postby davids » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:He's a manager who suffers from the media who are obsessed with foreign everything. We play very similar football to say for instance what Atletico Madrid do.

Look at Diego Simeone. Plays 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 tactics to great effect. Comes across on touchline with the same aura as Warnock and he makes players run through brick walls and achieve well beyond their means.

Because Simeone is Argentinian, it is over-looked that he plays a 4-4-2 and a big man/little man partnership up top... Because he's foreign he must be doing something far sexier than a British coach could do.

Would I say he's the best British manager currently in a job? Well he's only competing with Eddie Howe for that crown. Honestly I'd say he's second to Howe at the moment. Although I feel it's a crying shame Neil has been discriminated against throughout his career and not given the chance at a top club.

What I love about the players he has signed this summer is that they are players that can change our mid-to-long-term philosophy at the club and he is not just buying players for himself.

And Sean Dyche as well as Eddie Howe.
davids

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:02 pm

davids wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:He's a manager who suffers from the media who are obsessed with foreign everything. We play very similar football to say for instance what Atletico Madrid do.

Sean Dyche has to be the top coach at the moment because like Warnock he is working with what he has got and hasn't been given a massive war chest.

Eddie Howe is a very good coach/manager but has had the advantage of an open cheque book from the owner. One day that will stop and we will then see how really good he is.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
davids wrote:

Sean Dyche has to be the top coach at the moment because like Warnock he is working with what he has got and hasn't been given a massive war chest.

Eddie Howe is a very good coach/manager but has had the advantage of an open cheque book from the owner. One day that will stop and we will then see how really good he is.

thats the same eddie howe who took them up under an 18 month transfer embargo.

easily the best british manager
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:

when was this transfer embargo..?
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:

league 2 or 1. not sure. 2 i think
paulh_85

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:

Then went to a Burnley failed an went back to Bournemouth
Llan_Blue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Best Brittish Manager by miles, Dyche and Howe are still wet behind the ears and learning the trade, lets see how long they manage and how many promotions they win?
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:

Then went to a Burnley failed an went back to Bournemouth

Completely correct but name a British manager who hasn't failed. What he's done at Bournemouth and continuing to do is fantastic
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Bluebina wrote:Best Brittish Manager by miles, Dyche and Howe are still wet behind the ears and learning the trade, lets see how long they manage and how many promotions they win?

I think Warnock was the perfect fit for us.....but Eddie Howe has won 3 promotions and already managed in more premier league games than NW at just 40 years of age...
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 pm

How odd :lol: :lol: :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Don't know why the obsession with foreign managers. Probably because so many owners are foreign. We dominated European competitions for quite a few years with British managers. In my opinion the top managers of all time that immediately spring to mind are the likes of Alf Ramsey, Joe Fagin, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough, Bob Paisley, Alex Ferguson and more. Seems to me like there is no place for British managers at the top table in the modern game, and I wonder how those top British managers would have done if they were born a couple of decades later.
Steve Zodiak

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

I think at the moment he’s even behind two Welsh Managers Pullis and Hughes who have never been relegated but if he keeps us in the Premier League in his final two years he will be definitely our best Manager since Fred Stewart?
HarriRhys22

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:13 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:I think at the moment he’s even behind two Welsh Managers Pullis and Hughes who have never been relegated but if he keeps us in the Premier League in his final two years he will be definitely our best Manager since Fred Stewart?

Mark Hughes left QPR and Stoke in a very poor state and tends to leave clubs in the lerch with expensive prima-donnas...

In terms of style of football I honestly think Warnock trumps Pulis & Dyche... We play direct football but it produces shot after shot and real excitement
BrightBlueFuture

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Hughes and Pulis have managed in Premier League for over 10years and never been relegated unlike the two clubs that sacked them last season Stoke and WBA. Hughes then kept Southampton up and Pulis will get Middlesbrough promoted this season.
Warnock needs to keep us in Premier League in his final two seasons to prove he can manage at this level ?
HarriRhys22

Return to General Chat