Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I reckon Josh Murphy

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:45 pm

I really think Josh Murphy will play international football for England one day although it may not be with us.

The guy is class and will only get better

Re: I reckon Josh Murphy

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

He was a country mile better than sessegnon and all the crap about calling him up to the England squad.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 am

jimmy_rat wrote:He was a country mile better than sessegnon and all the crap about calling him up to the England squad.

The guy has talent for sure

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:57 am

If we go down , he will undoubtedly be sold at a significant profit.
Can be right up there with Sterling.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 am

fred keenor wrote:If we go down , he will undoubtedly be sold at a significant profit.
Can be right up there with Sterling.

He has pace in abundance and an eye for a goal. A great signing by NW and surely worth more money than we paid

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 am

He needs to do it over the season but excellent so far.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He needs to do it over the season but excellent so far.

I agree and I think he will do it

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:39 pm

We should sign his brother too and confuse the opposition even more!

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Defo see why Norwich had their doubts with his consistency but Warnock can really get the best out of players that are not at their full potential.. bit of a shock signing this one didn't seem like a Warnock signing but he has ability and work rate which I think we have lacked in recent years is having that but we got that with Junior and Murphy.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm

I find the comments about his inconsistency strange, because he's impressed me in every game I've seen him this season so far. He was a little quiet at Huddersfield, but that's more because Huddersfield dominated possession against us and he couldn't get into the game. He still produced a brilliant run in the second half to nearly win a penalty though.

Murphy has got the Newcastle and Fulham right backs booked and subbed at half time already this season. I agree with comments above, he can go on to play for England. I watched Walcott's, Zaha's and Townsend's performances for Everton and Palace today, I think Murphy is playing better than those players.

The difference is when Murphy gets the ball, you can sense danger. He drifts from a wide position to attacking the penalty area, beating defenders to get into more dangerous positions to score and assist. He has two good feet and end product in abundance too. The next test will be if he can still keep up these performance levels when he receives the extra treatment of naughty tackles, being double marked etc to try to nullify him.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 pm

took his goal so well yesterday a real class player and he can only get better

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I find the comments about his inconsistency strange, because he's impressed me in every game I've seen him this season so far. He was a little quiet at Huddersfield, but that's more because Huddersfield dominated possession against us and he couldn't get into the game. He still produced a brilliant run in the second half to nearly win a penalty though.

Murphy has got the Newcastle and Fulham right backs booked and subbed at half time already this season. I agree with comments above, he can go on to play for England. I watched Walcott's, Zaha's and Townsend's performances for Everton and Palace today, I think Murphy is playing better than those players.

The difference is when Murphy gets the ball, you can sense danger. He drifts from a wide position to attacking the penalty area, beating defenders to get into more dangerous positions to score and assist. He has two good feet and end product in abundance too. The next test will be if he can still keep up these performance levels when he receives the extra treatment of naughty tackles, being double marked etc to try to nullify him.

Tonteg that's expertly summed up and lets hope Murphy goes on and proves us right :thumbup:

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I really think Josh Murphy will play international football for England one day although it may not be with us.

Class act, we've got him tied down, he is our player for years, the other teams can **** right off !!!

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:I really think Josh Murphy will play international football for England one day although it may not be with us.

Class act, we've got him tied down, he is our player for years, the other teams can **** right off !!!

:thumbup: