Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What a save

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Camarasa man of the match for me today but I just want to say how vitally important that save was by Etheridge from that header when it was 3-2.

Absolutely brilliant. From the Canton I felt that he might have done a little better with the Sessignon goal as he seemed to dive the wrong way but that save (was it from Mitrovic? I was too far away to identify the Fulham player) was absolutely stunning and a major contribution to us taking the three points today.

Well done Etheridge! :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Re: What a save

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:51 pm

He seemed to fly across for that save.

Felt he should have done better with the first but like to see it again. That kick from his hands almost cost us.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He seemed to fly across for that save.

Felt he should have done better with the first but like to see it again. That kick from his hands almost cost us.

A truly match winning save

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:58 pm

For the first Fulham goal, the ball was moving around in the air, so it was difficult for him.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 pm

davids wrote:Camarasa man of the match for me today but I just want to say how vitally important that save was by Etheridge from that header when it was 3-2.

Absolutely brilliant. From the Canton I felt that he might have done a little better with the Sessignon goal as he seemed to dive the wrong way but that save (was it from Mitrovic? I was too far away to identify the Fulham player) was absolutely stunning and a major contribution to us taking the three points today.

Think it was Mawson, so even better. :laughing6:

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:12 pm

salopiancity wrote:
davids wrote:Camarasa man of the match for me today but I just want to say how vitally important that save was by Etheridge from that header when it was 3-2.

Think it was Mawson, so even better. :laughing6:

You're right twice -it was Mawson and it was even better! :laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbup:

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Sit in family stand. Couldn’t believe how quickly he got down for it. It was an amazing save and up there with any quality goal

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 pm

And a bloke on a Fulham blog today wrote that he is the worst goalkeeper in the PL. That he certainly is not! Well done Neil.

StT.
<><

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 pm

I was right behind it and that was save of the season. Proper Gordon Banks job. Etheridge is not anywhere near his performance peak yet and he pulls off a save like that. Lets see what the 'pundits' on MOTD say about it. If anything.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:And a bloke on a Fulham blog today wrote that he is the worst goalkeeper in the PL. That he certainly is not! Well done Neil.

StT.
<><

There's at least one keeper worse and he plays for Foolham :thumbup:

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 am

That Fulham keeper was absolute rubbish.
His kicking was awful,surely they have better.