Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premier League predictions

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am

Premier League predictions — West Ham United to stun Tottenham, Newcastle United to plunge into more misery

The Premier League rolls into its ninth week and there are still some sides, including Cardiff City and Newcastle United, without a win.

There are some mouth-watering fixtures too, so former Bluebirds striker Nathan Blake predicts how this weekend's games will pan out...

Chelsea v Manchester United

Eden Hazard is just unplayable at the moment and I'm certain Chelsea will be thinking they've already suffered what Manchester United are going through.

For that reason I think, especially at home, Chelsea will further Jose Mourinho's misery, twist the knife if you like and claim a fairly comfortable win.

Blakey's verdict: 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri and Jose Mourinho of Manchester United meet in the Premier League (Image: Getty Images)
Bournemouth v Southampton

A bit of a south coast derby this one and tough to call.

I'll go with a Bournemouth win, as they're the form side of these two.

Blakey's verdict: 1-0 Bournemouth

Cardiff v Fulham :bluebird:

The one positive from Cardiff's defeat to Spurs last time out was that they looked far more solid defensively, doing well to keep it so close having gone down to 10 men.

I think this one will be the tightest of affairs because a point isn't great for either manager. Aleksandar Mitrovic is a great player and will be crucial to how Fulham attack Cardiff — but both teams look a little fragile for me. The Bluebirds to nick it from a set-piece.

Blakey's verdict: 1-0 Cardiff

Manchester City v Burnley

You have to feel this will be relatively straightforward for Pep Guardiola's side.

Burnley have staged a good recovery of late with some decent results, but you don't stop Man City at home and they'll surely cruise home.

Blakey's verdict: 3-0 Man City

Read More

Cardiff City v Fulham

Newcastle v Brighton

Newcastle are massively struggling, probably even more so than Cardiff this season. Chris Hughton on the other hand, has been grinding out some excellent results with Brighton and will relish this chance against his former side.

I'm predicting an away win at St James' Park.

Blakey's verdict: 2-1 Brighton

West Ham v Tottenham

West Ham always seem to step up their game for Spurs and at home they could spring a surprise here.

That game could be a real cracker and I'm backing the Hammers to win it.

Blakey's verdict: 2-1 West Ham

Wolves v Watford

Wolves' sensational form means they're on a real high at the moment, whereas Watford have dropped off after a fast start and seem to be at a low eb. How quickly things turn around in football.

The form of both sides will continue at my own stamping ground Molineux this weekend. Another win for Nuno's boys.

Blakey's verdict: 2-1 Wolves

Huddersfield v Liverpool

This looks very one-sided on paper. Huddersfield are struggling and I simply can't see them getting a goal against Liverpool, who have improved their defence.

An easy win for one of the league's form outfits in my book.

Blakey's verdict: 3-0 Liverpool

Everton v Crystal Palace

Possibly the trickiest of this weekend's matches to call. Palace have had a blip of form but I think they'll rebound with a strong performance and get a draw at Goodison Park.

That man Wilfried Zaha, as always, will be key to the outcome.

Blakey's verdict: 2-2 draw

Arsenal v Leicester

Arsenal are on a roll, yet they're still to truly convince me under the new manager.

I can't see them slipping up at home to Leicester, who are a mixed bag themselves, but the Foxes might push the Gunners pretty close in an entertaining affair.

Blakey's verdict: 3-2 Arsenal