Murphy up top anybody?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Murphy up top anybody?

Postby Stringfellow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:18 pm

I can’t see why not, the lad has pace can finish and is going to blossom in to our best player for sure. He can be raw at times and play silly passes but up top that’s rarely punished. He has the desire and can cause havoc against defences. Maybe not his natural position but neither is playing a right back up front.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Murphy up top anybody?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Murphy up top anybody?

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 pm

I think we would see more of the ball in wide areas so rather see him there. Not sure what he would do with a long ball. Into him.
2blue2handle

Re: Murphy up top anybody?

Postby jon1959 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am

Nathan Blake has been advocating this for weeks on the Bootroom.

As you say, makes as much sense as playing Paterson there. Although with Madine sick, Ward injured and Zohore totally off the boil, I would rather go back to the front line against Betis and rely on pace and trickery (Murphy, Reid and Hoilett - who must surely find some form soon) - maybe with Paterson as a second-half wild card sub.
jon1959

Return to General Chat