Disgraceful ? - Zohore

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Disgraceful ? - Zohore

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 pm

I find it hard to believe that some people call themselves Cardiff City supporters when they slate some players. Most recently Zohore has been slated by any for his performances this season. Do fans have a short memory? Last season he was on fire & scored goals to win games. He also scored some stunners, for example against Fulham.

All of a sudden he is the worst striker to put on a City shirt. He may be out of touch but surely he doesn’t deserve the negativity that’s been generated this season. He has played up front by himself running around without any support. Taken off at Huddersfield and replaced by Ward/Reid up front. Ward has had the benefit of Reid playing just behind whereas Zohore has been isolated by himself every time that he has been on the pitch. Isn’t it about time that he had the opportunity leading the line with Reid sitting just behind? I am certain that confidence plays a huge part and as soon as he gets one goal they will start to be more regular.

Can’t see how some would rather slate him & even prefer Paterson up top, there are some short memories on here. Last year many were crying for the club not to sell him to Brighton, now he is being totally written off. I think a bit premature.
bridgendbluebird30

Disgraceful ? - Zohore

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Disgraceful ? - Zohore

Postby Stringfellow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Am gonna disagree with you, you will rarely see me put any player down certainly in the stand you will never see it but zohore am not going over old ground. Am not interested in the bad spell, big lump, up top on his own or any of these ridiculous comments. The fact is he had one very good spell, that’s it! And that wasnt last season, he started ok without scoring then fell away when a move didn’t happen.

I don’t have the answer to why or what goes on in His head, and up top is without doubt difficult but I am judging him on desire ( not running about ) his hunger when in the right areas, how much he wants it, his ability on the ball how quick can he think, how much he wants to shoot and score ( he doesn’t he would rather pass ) his ability to head ( he can’t ) quite simply he is not good enough. Genuinely wouldn’t have him in the first team squad.

Doesn’t want to be here or doesn’t show that he does. He’s in the premiership for god sake what more motivation does the kid need. Disappointing but true.

I agree with what you say about selling, nobody wanted him sold apart from Steve but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I so hope I am wrong and he does what he did against wolves that night but sadly it’s looking like something from quantum leap.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Am gonna disagree with you, you will rarely see me put any player down certainly in the stand you will never see it but zohore am not going over old ground. Am not interested in the bad spell, big lump, up top on his own or any of these ridiculous comments. The fact is he had one very good spell, that’s it! And that wasnt last season, he started ok without scoring then fell away when a move didn’t happen.

I don’t have the answer to why or what goes on in His head, and up top is without doubt difficult but I am judging him on desire ( not running about ) his hunger when in the right areas, how much he wants it, his ability on the ball how quick can he think, how much he wants to shoot and score ( he doesn’t he would rather pass ) his ability to head ( he can’t ) quite simply he is not good enough. Genuinely wouldn’t have him in the first team squad.

Doesn’t want to be here or doesn’t show that he does. He’s in the premiership for god sake what more motivation does the kid need. Disappointing but true.

I agree with what you say about selling, nobody wanted him sold apart from Steve but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I so hope I am wrong and he does what he did against wolves that night but sadly it’s looking like something from quantum leap.

how we won promotion must be like the quest for the meaning of life.
we did win promotion you know.
dogfound

Postby Stringfellow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Am gonna disagree with you, you will rarely see me put any player down certainly in the stand you will never see it but zohore am not going over old ground. Am not interested in the bad spell, big lump, up top on his own or any of these ridiculous comments. The fact is he had one very good spell, that’s it! And that wasnt last season, he started ok without scoring then fell away when a move didn’t happen.

We did but that doesn’t mean zohore was decent because we all know he wasn’t, let’s not kid ourselves he was poor and that was in the championship with a promotion winning team.
Stringfellow

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We did but that doesn’t mean zohore was decent because we all know he wasn’t, let’s not kid ourselves he was poor and that was in the championship with a promotion winning team.

lets not kid ourselves?????????? ..we won promotion with KZ as the target ..how do you pull that off with an inferior squad if he is poor :lol: :lol:

we all..? no
dogfound

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Strongly disagree. He scored some decent goals last season that won us 3 points, eg. Burton. It’s a big step up to the Premiership. He has been played without ANY support up top whereas Ward has had Reid in to help him
out. That in itself makes a difference. If he scores 4 goals in the next 3 games is he still a useless lump? Can’t believe some ‘fans’, you support the players/club through the bad times as well as the good. I just hope that NW plays Reid up top with him. Never tried so who knows?
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Stringfellow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

lets not kid ourselves?????????? ..we won promotion with KZ as the target ..how do you pull that off with an inferior squad if he is poor :lol: :lol:

we all..? no

Because we had a team that run through brick walls, I still believe had we a decent striker we would have been promoted In April. Look I just want the kid to wake up and smell the coffee, have seen what he can do. That goal against Preston wasn’t a fluke but it’s a distant memory. Needs to believe in himself.
Stringfellow

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

we all..? no

Because we had a team that run through brick walls, I still believe had we a decent striker we would have been promoted In April. Look I just want the kid to wake up and smell the coffee, have seen what he can do. That goal against Preston wasn’t a fluke but it’s a distant memory. Needs to believe in himself.

I’m sure he does believe in himself but you can only do so much as a Lone Ranger. What do you expect without any support? I go every game & from what I have seen he does hold the ball up and he does run non stop. Yes he hasn’t scored this season but without any service or support it’s not surprising! Give the bloke a break. You clearly didn’t see him play last season.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

we all..? no

it is frustrating he doesnt play to his potential,and I also think he needs more self belief
but even at the percentage of potential he was achieving last season it was still enough ..and like Warnock said just this morning..we didnt have 20 mill for a striker we only had 10 or 12 for which you dont get anyone better than ken..{ but not good enough to make the 25 ? }
so im assuming NW although clearly frustrated at not being able to find that extra in the boy still rates him..
on top of that almost every manager doubled him last season..you have to be more than just decent for teams to be that afraid of you ?

as for promoted by April.....what was achieved last season on scraps was a near miracle to go up by May..
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Everyone who has played upfront as struggled to score..... Maybe they aren't the problem? Maybe it's the way we set up and create little.
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Zohore didnt do himself any favours against burnley but id rather him start than paterson. Reid and zohore upfront or reid and madine tomorrow
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Everyone who has played upfront as struggled to score..... Maybe they aren't the problem? Maybe it's the way we set up and create little.

the chances have not been there Stevie Wonder can see that..
this blame the striker stuff puts me in mind of under 9s losing 18-0 and some idiot asking who was the goalie.
dogfound

Return to General Chat