Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

etheridge

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 am

with etheridge out in January. I would sign Tom Heaton on loan him and his manager have stated he needs games he would do a good job for us while etheridge is away and then they could fight it out for the shirt when he comes back. I haven't been overly impressed with what I've seen of smithies opinions.

Re: etheridge

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 am

kettyblue wrote:with etheridge out in January. I would sign Tom Heaton on loan him and his manager have stated he needs games he would do a good job for us while etheridge is away and then they could fight it out for the shirt when he comes back. I haven't been overly impressed with what I've seen of smithies opinions.

What have you seen of Smithies exactly?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am

he was awful in caraboa cup and pretty bad in the couple of dvp games I saw him in .what about you what have you seen of him.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am

Im sure I read Etheridge would only miss amount 2 games, seems a bit extreme to sign someone on loan for half a season.

We paid 4m for Smithies who came with a good reputation and Murphy has never let us down. Would seem daft to use one of the few loan spaces when we are in need of other positions so much more.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Just play Murphy FFS its two games at most anyway. We have already wasted millions on Smithies we don’t need to waste more on wages on another sub keeper