Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock Must Get It Right Saturday

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:35 pm

I love warnock, great championship manager but he needs to start to get things right, starting saturday. To stand a real chance of beating fulham he needs to get our team right and stop playing players out of position.

By this i mean camarassa needs to play in centre midield, even as a 10 and not out wide.
Paterson is not a striker so i dont think he should be up there.

Who knows warnock could play pater upfront and camarassa out wide and we could win sat and id love to be proved wrong, but i dont think so personally, come on neil lets get it right and kick start our season saturday, we are playing well just our team selection needs to come right and be settled and things need to just click, hopefully that is saturday against fulham.

Re: Warnock Must Get It Right Saturday

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Loads more quality in Fulham side im afraid. Perhaps heart and grit will be enough. And nit forget us cheering them on.!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:28 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Loads more quality in Fulham side im afraid. Perhaps heart and grit will be enough. And nit forget us cheering them on.!!!!!!!!!!

More quality yes but i think they got zero team spirit and fight. Hopefully we will capitolise on that with them being away from home too but for me warnock has got to get his team on point.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Fair to say that NW may have got it wrong a couple of times with his team selections this season. Murphy scores a screamer against Betis and was duly demoted to the bench with a couple of others who would have been expected to start in our first game at Bournemouth.

4-1 defeat at Chelsea with 2 late goals & then wholesale changes at the back (3) against Man City. Any defence would struggle against Man City but to drop Bennett for Cunningham whilst make two other changes seemed strange.

At no time have we seen Reid play just behind Zohore. Ward had the benefit of this and scored against Arsenal.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Warnock is basically a Championship standard manager who will always think like one,he knows only one way to play,he doesent have a plan B therefore his team selections and tactics will be structured in Championship mode he unfortunately believes that what brouught us success in the Championship will see us survive in the Premiership,He is totally wrong of course but Warnock is a stubborn man and under his stewardship we will continue on the road to relegation

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:26 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Loads more quality in Fulham side im afraid. Perhaps heart and grit will be enough. And nit forget us cheering them on.!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely right! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's year :thumbup:

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Honestly can’t see us getting more than a point against Fulham, we’ve struggled against them for the past 6 or 7 seasons both home and away (and in the Prem last time around) regardless of how well we’ve played other matches in the run up to that fixture.

Really do hope I’m proved wrong and we walk away with 3 much needed points

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 am

I’d love to see him get it right, and he has to change something as Ralls is out. Time to see Reid and Murphy on the wings, hoilett is a shadow of the player he was. I think Reid and Murphy playing off zahore from out wide could cause problems for Fulham. I also agree with camarasa as a link up player with arter and damour or gunnarrson pressing and players the defensive midfield role. Fulham will score the way our back 4 is so we need goals.

Fingers crossed whatever he does he’s got them fired up and they pay him back for faith shown in them.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 am

Please no Zohore hard work and graft is what we need and he has had his chances and offers neither.

For those calling for him to play I can only assume they didn’t go to the Burnley game, this was a chance wasted and Warnock should have played Ward who managed to score in the previous home game against Arsenal not gamble with Zohore.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:41 am

snoopystorm wrote:Honestly can’t see us getting more than a point against Fulham, we’ve struggled against them for the past 6 or 7 seasons both home and away (and in the Prem last time around) regardless of how well we’ve played other matches in the run up to that fixture.

Let's hope we "struggle" tomorrow like you say we did in the Prem last time around seeing as that resulted in a 2-1 away win and 3-1 home win against them :? :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:

We need to go at them as they've let in more goals than us and increasingly seem to fold as soon as a goal goes in against them.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:33 am

piledriver64 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:Honestly can’t see us getting more than a point against Fulham, we’ve struggled against them for the past 6 or 7 seasons both home and away (and in the Prem last time around) regardless of how well we’ve played other matches in the run up to that fixture.

Let's hope we "struggle" tomorrow like you say we did in the Prem last time around seeing as that resulted in a 2-1 away win and 3-1 home win against them :? :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:

We need to go at them as they've let in more goals than us and increasingly seem to fold as soon as a goal goes in against them.

We had to work hard for both results that year, like I said I hope I’m proved wrong but we always struggle against Fulham

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Think he got it spot on.....

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: