Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Never 4get

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm

malpasbluebird wrote:disgusted but not surprised. Corrupting the poppy in this way is literally designed only to anger people. at a time when people should be remembering those who gave their lives in conflict.

and before I get called a PC scumbag or whatever, I'd feel the same if this pic had a negative comment about Mr Yaxely-Lennon (sorry...our tommy) or anything else. It shouldn't be used as political bait at all. This goes to show the mentality that the far right has

Only the far right though ?
Thought I pointed out a story today where the fake left were also trying to earn political points from the blood of dead soldiers.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Anyone else notice the OP hasn't posted apart from the first post?

Clickbait.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Just one of his many guises. :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:It is f*cking offensive though. Using the poppy symbol to promote your own view when it has nothing to do with the armed forces.

Nothing to do with Tommy Robinson, muslims, BNP, labour or anything. Just don't use the symbolism of a poppy (an image that most people care for) to try and get people to agree with your point of view whether it is pro or against Robinson, Labour or Plaid Cymru. Poor form. Then again, you're just clickbait aren't you.

Quite right. In fact I just watched a "news" item where the BBC were trying to make the Poppy Day thing this year all about the sufferings and disadvantages of women and Indians during the WW 1 period.
Political tossers of all sides and groups see everything in the world as no more than another opportunity to further their own aims and ambitions and manipulate opinion . It's unfortunate that most people don't see through them and recognise them for the lying crooks they ALL are.

Well Said sir.