“ The Muppet Show “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The Muppet Show “

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Would you like these two muppets to run our country?
Attachments
039F592E-5F53-47B0-B16F-24651D1562BC.jpeg
039F592E-5F53-47B0-B16F-24651D1562BC.jpeg (126.84 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

“ The Muppet Show “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ The Muppet Show “

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Annis even before saw post thought it might be the Labour party you were referring to! :laughing6:
Corbyn reserve judgement but the rasist bigot woman abbot wouldn't trust her as a lollipop woman. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluesman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Their names are nearly correct for another pair of clowns. For Abbott and Costello read Abbott and Corbyn.
Bluesman

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Thought cloud for Jezza...

I’ll start... phwoooaaar, she’s hot..
rumpo kid

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:12 pm

The Muppets
Attachments
BC9EF581-C0B8-47B5-A6D4-A4F448BEC181.jpeg
BC9EF581-C0B8-47B5-A6D4-A4F448BEC181.jpeg (94.53 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:19 pm

I didn't realise they were running for office in Spain.
stickywicket

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:54 pm

stickywicket wrote:I didn't realise they were running for office in Spain.

If they were I would leave Spain :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Annis even before saw post thought it might be the Labour party you were referring to! :laughing6:
Corbyn reserve judgement but the rasist bigot woman abbot wouldn't trust her as a lollipop woman. :old:

Allan, they are both as bad as each other.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:04 am

Someones got to support Palestine.
Sneggyblubird

Postby john52 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:51 am

REALLY worries me that they could be running the country.
john52

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:46 am

john52 wrote:REALLY worries me that they could be running the country.

sooner the better Labour sort it out.... this one party democracy is unhealthy.
dogfound

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:Would you like these two muppets to run our country?

You can usually detect nervousness when the humour becomes more forced. Saying that I would get rid of Diane Abbot. She is a liability
Cardiff dyskinesia

Postby Flyingpostman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am

stickywicket wrote:I didn't realise they were running for office in Spain.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a clown
Flyingpostman

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:59 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:

You can usually detect nervousness when the humour becomes more forced. Saying that I would get rid of Diane Abbot. She is a liability

Corbyn's speech today and McDonell's Monday were probably the best in half a century. Many may not like them for some odd reason but I doubt anyone would disagree they're light years better than the shower of shit we are unfortunate to have in Government today.
City Slicker

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Someone last night (carlossus I believe?) commented on this thread regarding the decision making of those running the site posting political posts such as this on what is meant to be a football forum and his comment has been removed. Not a good look.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:35 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Corbyn's speech today and McDonell's Monday were probably the best in half a century. Many may not like them for some odd reason but I doubt anyone would disagree they're light years better than the shower of shit we are unfortunate to have in Government today.

Agree on Abbot but is anyone seriously believing that Corbyn and McDonell are any more dangerous than May is proving to be in selling this country down the river without a paddle or even a life jacket :o :shock:

Indeed, even if May were to go would you really be confident with people like Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg in charge :roll: :banghead:

Politics is pretty divisive at the best of times but if you take away the party loyalty that we all have to an extent would you really trust those Tories I've mentioned (not the party as a whole) to look after our interest better than Corbyn and McDonell ? If you do, fair play to you. I don't !!
piledriver64

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Agree on Abbot but is anyone seriously believing that Corbyn and McDonell are any more dangerous than May is proving to be in selling this country down the river without a paddle or even a life jacket :o :shock:

Indeed, even if May were to go would you really be confident with people like Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg in charge :roll: :banghead:

Politics is pretty divisive at the best of times but if you take away the party loyalty that we all have to an extent would you really trust those Tories I've mentioned (not the party as a whole) to look after our interest better than Corbyn and McDonell ? If you do, fair play to you. I don't !!

I quite agree, I can see anyone being happy with this dysfunctional lot we have today. The real Muppet Show starts next weak.
City Slicker

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:42 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Someone last night (carlossus I believe?) commented on this thread regarding the decision making of those running the site posting political posts such as this on what is meant to be a football forum and his comment has been removed. Not a good look.

I've heard since he's been banned.
City Slicker

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Agreed.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

the reality is I don't think its possible to be less liked or viewed as less trustworthy than this trio..
and its not odd, they have well and truly earned it..

the last Tory campaign was as poor as there has ever been and certainly nowhere near good enough { or had their performance in government been good enough } to win at any point in our history..yet they won. :o

and until the labour rank and file join the dots and see this for what it is instead of bragging up speeches { which are only as good as the person giving the speech } and thinking poking sticks at Boris or TM is the answer and will wipe away decades of the 3 amigos being anti British clowns the better..
dogfound

Postby Lengee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:56 pm

City Slicker wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Someone last night (carlossus I believe?) commented on this thread regarding the decision making of those running the site posting political posts such as this on what is meant to be a football forum and his comment has been removed. Not a good look.

this thread is a bit silly really. Is it a harmless piece of fun and supposed to be "funny"? But anyone who supports Boris Johnson, Gove, Duncan Smith etc should think twice before calling others clowns and others names.
That's all from me on this politics thread!
:thumbup: :wave:
Lengee

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm

So you really think that working class people are taking May, Boris, Rees-Mogg more seriously than Corbyn and McDonnel !!??

Come the end of March, unless there is an election before then, you will exactly how safe this country has been in the Tory hands.

Be afraid, be very afraid !!!!
piledriver64

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Lengee wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

this thread is a bit silly really. Is it a harmless piece of fun and supposed to be "funny"? But anyone who supports Boris Johnson, Gove, Duncan Smith etc should think twice before calling others clowns and others names.
That's all from me on this politics thread!
:thumbup: :wave:

I doubt there's anyone who supports Johnson, Gove or IDS on this forum. Everyone's far too intelligent for that
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:24 pm

piledriver64 wrote:So you really think that working class people are taking May, Boris, Rees-Mogg more seriously than Corbyn and McDonnel !!??

Come the end of March, unless there is an election before then, you will exactly how safe this country has been in the Tory hands.

I think the anti british sentiments of those 3 run deep with normal folk mate...its the ONLY reason Labour lost last time...the TV muppets themselves would have won against the present tories….
yes I am afraid though..not of Corbyn and co.....more of people like yourself who actually believe a half decent speech and a pi55 poor tory government can erase memories of 40 years of being grade A dicks

the biggest obstacle to a labour win is not the Tories..is not even Corbyn and Abbot..its the minority that keep electing Corbyn , Abbot etc and in doing so cement this unhealthy one party democracy
dogfound

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:So you really think that working class people are taking May, Boris, Rees-Mogg more seriously than Corbyn and McDonnel !!??

I think the anti british sentiments of those 3 run deep with normal folk mate...its the ONLY reason Labour lost last time...the TV muppets themselves would have won against the present tories….
yes I am afraid though..not of Corbyn and co.....more of people like yourself who actually believe a half decent speech and a pi55 poor tory government can erase memories of 40 years of being grade A dicks

the biggest obstacle to a labour win is not the Tories..is not even Corbyn and Abbot..its the minority that keep electing Corbyn , Abbot etc and in doing so cement this unhealthy one party democracy

Oh well I can see you're shitting yourself! Come on, well give you a hand up; welcome aboard to a new start in life. Don't be afraid, I'll watch your back; you'll do fine :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Oh well I can see you're shitting yourself! Come on, well give you a hand up; welcome aboard to a new start in life. Don't be afraid, I'll watch your back; you'll do fine :thumbup:

I didn't vote in the last election or the leave referendum...so why shit myself..
just pointing out that for every gaff boris makes there at 10k labour members wearing their batman capes ready to come to the rescue of the tories and back Corbyn again …..your probably one yourself and feel a bit daft..eh oh...

good luck with this new start , im still waiting for the last 4 new starts.
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 am

dogfound wrote:

I haven't even heard Corbyn or McDonnell's speech, even if I had it wouldn't affect my view on who is best to lead the country, I base it on actions and manifesto's. So please don't insult my ability to make a considered judgement just because you disagree with my opinion :banghead:

If I'm honest I wouldn't have Corbyn as leader mainly because I don't think he is a natural leader and he polarises the general electorate too much. I do like his policies and I do think that his really believes in what he is saying unlike many other, more press friendly, politicians.

The point I was making is do you really believe that May, Boris and Rees-Mogg are more trustworthy ? People are blind to the fact that a hard Brexit or no-deal Brexit is not what the vast majority of people voted for, polls show that even the majority of those who voted to leave (Tory and Labour voters alike) would have a different view were that the option.

Everyone will have their views and reality will only really bite come 31st March 2019. I just think that whatever Corbyn's faults he will try to get a better deal for the country, May is more concerned about getting a better deal that keeps her as Prime Minister and avoids a General Election, that's a huge difference if I am right.
piledriver64

Postby Danny Says » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:51 am

Corbyn and McDonnell would bankrupt the country.

The problem is there are too many people in this country who would vote Labour without realising what hell and chaos would reign. Voting Labour for Blair is one thing; voting Labour for a Marxist group who have some who want a General Strike is quite another. Decent traditional left wing MP's are threatened with de-selection by this new Momentum movement of Marxists.

Idiotic ideas like confiscate 10% of a large company's equity to pay dividends to staff. This would only lead to job losses and lower wages as company bosses wind up their company's.

Nationalism is just crass. How could a Marxist government be able to run these industry's? All it would do is add billions to expenditure and result in cuts elsewhere.

The government setting rent controls, food prices, utility prices with no competition? Only results would be prices going up and up with inflation spiralling and more job losses. Just barking mad.

Increasing taxes would hit 'ordinary' earners.

Policitising the BBC is sinister - a national mouthpiece for his dangerous views.

No country has faced this type of threat for generations and this is GB, the free and democratic nation.

It is frightening that a man who as is well known has sympathies to a host of dangerous factions could be our PM. He disagrees with a nuclear deterrent so presumably he'd do away with our armed forces.

Surely the nation as a whole should do all it can to beat down this dangerous man, dangerous to both our economy and well being.

If May can deliver on her Plan B and ditch Chequers, then that should see the UK through until the tories next have to call a General Election.
Danny Says

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Danny Says wrote:Corbyn and McDonnell would bankrupt the country.

The problem is there are too many people in this country who would vote Labour without realising what hell and chaos would reign. Voting Labour for Blair is one thing; voting Labour for a Marxist group who have some who want a General Strike is quite another. Decent traditional left wing MP's are threatened with de-selection by this new Momentum movement of Marxists. Not correct, safeguards still in place ensure that can't happen even if your description was accurate !

Idiotic ideas like confiscate 10% of a large company's equity to pay dividends to staff. This would only lead to job losses and lower wages as company bosses wind up their company's. Works in Germany and their economy is much stronger than ours, why shouldn't workers have a cut of profits that they contribute to ? Vast majority of people in UK work for someone so clearly it will benefit most

Nationalism is just crass. How could a Marxist government be able to run these industry's? All it would do is add billions to expenditure and result in cuts elsewhere. Really ? Everyone one of the privatised industries has resulted in higher prices and, in reality, less competition as they operate as either monopolies or cartels. I think you'll find that the countries that still have nationalised railways are more efficient and have higher investment than any of the franchises in UK

The government setting rent controls, food prices, utility prices with no competition? Only results would be prices going up and up with inflation spiralling and more job losses. Just barking mad. But in all those example so-called "competition has merely resulted in disproportionate rises in costs, way more than in countries where they are either nationalised or more closely regulated

Increasing taxes would hit 'ordinary' earners.I'm an ordinary earner and I am way worse off now than I was 5-6 years ago. In any event, the Tories have already indicated that they will be putting up taxes so we'll end up having to pay whoever is in charge, it's just about who would spend the extra revenue in the best places

Policitising the BBC is sinister - a national mouthpiece for his dangerous views.Really ? So the fact that the BBC Chief political editor (Kuensberg) is pretty well known to be a Tory is OK but if anyone leans to the left it's sinister ? Come one, it happens both ways, we all know it so just have to belive what we think has the most truth in it

No country has faced this type of threat for generations and this is GB, the free and democratic nation.Threat ? Is that the threat of Brexit with no deal ?

It is frightening that a man who as is well known has sympathies to a host of dangerous factions could be our PM. He disagrees with a nuclear deterrent so presumably he'd do away with our armed forces.I agree that this part is slightly concerning but let's be honest do you really think that any of the present day politicians would ever press the nuclear button. I'm actually in favour of the nuclear deterrent but in reality we may as well have a cardboard box marked "nuclear bomb" because nobody is going to use it (and I include that numpty Trump in that statement !!)(

Surely the nation as a whole should do all it can to beat down this dangerous man, dangerous to both our economy and well being.

If May can deliver on her Plan B and ditch Chequers, then that should see the UK through until the tories next have to call a General Election.But that's whole point, she won't/can't. Whatever happens now will either be a climb down to keep her party together or a climb down to the EU to ensure we maintain trade links, she's lost any goodwill that there was on either argument and we'll be left to suffer
piledriver64

Postby Hopski » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Danny Says wrote:Corbyn and McDonnell would bankrupt the country.

The problem is there are too many people in this country who would vote Labour without realising what hell and chaos would reign. Voting Labour for Blair is one thing; voting Labour for a Marxist group who have some who want a General Strike is quite another. Decent traditional left wing MP's are threatened with de-selection by this new Momentum movement of Marxists.

Idiotic ideas like confiscate 10% of a large company's equity to pay dividends to staff. This would only lead to job losses and lower wages as company bosses wind up their company's.

Nationalism is just crass. How could a Marxist government be able to run these industry's? All it would do is add billions to expenditure and result in cuts elsewhere.

The government setting rent controls, food prices, utility prices with no competition? Only results would be prices going up and up with inflation spiralling and more job losses. Just barking mad.

Increasing taxes would hit 'ordinary' earners.

Policitising the BBC is sinister - a national mouthpiece for his dangerous views.

No country has faced this type of threat for generations and this is GB, the free and democratic nation.

It is frightening that a man who as is well known has sympathies to a host of dangerous factions could be our PM. He disagrees with a nuclear deterrent so presumably he'd do away with our armed forces.

If May can deliver on her Plan B and ditch Chequers, then that should see the UK through until the tories next have to call a General Election.

" Momentum movement of Marxists" is what's putting me off voting Labour again as well as Corbyn (has he ever had a job?) and Abbott (compulsive liar). Having said that John McDonnell is one of the few politicians who will answer yes or no to a straight question. The whole political scene is a worry with extremists on both sides of the spectrum threatening to ruin this country added to the selection of muppets that may take over from gravy-train Carwyn in the WNA.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Next

Return to General Chat