Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: OF TAN - WARNOCK and PREMIER LEAGUE :

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:50 am

MY VIEW OF TAN - WARNOCK and PREMIERE LEAGUE :

(1) Vincent Tan wants to sell the Club asap and wants to recoup as much as possible of his cash
This position is totally understandable.

So he is logically not spending too much this season & is hoping that we stay in the PL.

Even if we get relegated he will still continue to cash in from the parachute payments and hope that Warnock can do it again.

(2) Warnock is doing the best he can with the limited budget he has and with the limited ability he has in managing & competing at PL level.
Considering Tan's policy - Warnock is absolutely our man.

(3) We definately have a realistic chance of staying up.

The PL has 3 very distinct tiers:

Those who are competing for honours and those who will probably stay up and the final group of about 6 clubs (including us) who are looking to survive. One or two from the middle group may also drop to our group.

In conclusion we have about a better than even chance of survival -

Vincent Tan has the right policy that suits him -

Warnock easily remains the best man to fulfill Tan's policy & he also remains 100% the fans' choice.

Opinions: I summarized the situation accurately?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: OF TAN - WARNOCK and PREMIERE LEAGUE :

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 am

Sounds pretty much on the money to me.

:thumbup:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 am

We will go down with a very low point score fr M what Iv seen so far. If we do not beat Burnley we are doomed. Burnley beat Bournemouth home 4-0 on the weekend, can we produce displays like that against the Burnley’s or Bournemouth’s, I think not imo.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 am

I think that sums up where we are as a club and in respect of this season it's spot on. Whatever VT plans are that situation will take care of itself in my opinion but I really hope he understands that in NW he has the perfect manager for our club right now. Whatever happens this season NW must, in my opinion, remain in charge and if he does I believe we will grow into this season, results will improve and our chances of remaining a PL club will be much much better.

Whilst we need to get our first win as soon as possible I feel it may have to wait until our fixtures against the teams within that group of bottom 6 clubs, I don't think Burnley despite their start to the season are one of them, so for me anything we get against them will be a bonus. Having said that anything we get against clubs like Burnley will be a huge positive.

I think it's teams like Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Palace that we need to get wins and pick up what we can against the likes of Burnley, Watford, West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Wolves and Bournemouth as these are the games that will eventually define our season.

I just hope we can hang in there until January and then VT supports NW to go and get the forward our team is crying out for.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am

Spot on, VT has spent a fortune, he deserves to recoup some of his losses.
It wont be an easy ride though.
Biggest worry is if we lose NW, either through him having enough or VT panicking.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am

I don’t think VT wants to sell the club as such. If a suitable offer came forward he might do so , but that applies to all his businesses. He has learned a lot over the last few years and he has stabilised the club financially. I don’t see him selling it on a whim, and I don’t think he is actively trying to sell it.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 am

spot on but I think our chances are probably quite high of going down. Either way I'm enjoying it a lot more than last time and as a club we're finally stable!

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 am

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that except maybe whether Tan wants to sell as soon as he can. After all, it’s only now that he is starting to enjoy being the owner. It feeds his ego to own a Premier League club so he will want that to continue (and even if relegation happens, he will benefit from parachute money to try again).

Tan is in for at least the next few years in my opinion.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am

fred keenor wrote:Spot on, VT has spent a fortune, he deserves to recoup some of his losses.
Biggest worry is if we lose NW, either through him having enough or VT panicking.

He has already recouped the majority of his losses due to how badly the club was run under him in the first 7 years, the last 2 years he has started to run our club properly :thumbright:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am

castleblue wrote:I think that sums up where we are as a club and in respect of this season it's spot on. Whatever VT plans are that situation will take care of itself in my opinion but I really hope he understands that in NW he has the perfect manager for our club right now. Whatever happens this season NW must, in my opinion, remain in charge and if he does I believe we will grow into this season, results will improve and our chances of remaining a PL club will be much much better.

Whilst we need to get our first win as soon as possible I feel it may have to wait until our fixtures against the teams within that group of bottom 6 clubs, I don't think Burnley despite their start to the season are one of them, so for me anything we get against them will be a bonus. Having said that anything we get against clubs like Burnley will be a huge positive.

I think it's teams like Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Palace that we need to get wins and pick up what we can against the likes of Burnley, Watford, West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Wolves and Bournemouth as these are the games that will eventually define our season.

I just hope we can hang in there until January and then VT supports NW to go and get the forward our team is crying out for.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary, I agree most of what you have posted :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But I don't think Burnley are anywhere near as good as they were as last season.

First we are at home, second Burnley don't travel well and third they are down with us, so for me we must be looking at a win if we intend to at least challenge to stay up this season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:31 am

Reply on FB

Sion Leshoes Holt:

Pretty much there mate. I will add with Warnock known weakness at this level of getting suitable players he needs help. No doubts at all in managing people but going out doing the shopping particularly with strikers is his Achilles heal. He’s the best man for us particularly on the real possibility of relegation to get us back up again.

Burnley did that to consolidate their place in Premier. I’m not fooled thinking Burnley are an easier home win. Their position last season says a lot.Their form before Bournemouth and in Europe is typical after a worldcup with limited squad. Thumping Bournemouth is a stark reminder why Burnley qualified for Europe. The fact we couldn’t score against same side and conceded is the difference of Bournemouth being in the Premier and consistent so .

Tough game Burnley a lot of pressure from people that think it’s easier that what it will be to get a win out of them. No reason that we can’t but it’s a challenge and we need to raise our game we can’t afford to relax after Man City and think it’s easier now. Mentally harder because more is expected.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 am

Reply on FB

Warnock is under huge pressure for a result in our favour for this match more than last 3. . All the boards and media saying it’s a must win game home to Burnley which is fair. After watching Burnley thump Bournemouth it’s going to be challenge . If we do it will do wonders in feel good factor.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW OF TAN - WARNOCK and PREMIERE LEAGUE :

(1) Vincent Tan wants to sell the Club asap and wants to recoup as much as possible of his cash
This position is totally understandable.

So he is logically not spending too much this season & is hoping that we stay in the PL.

Even if we get relegated he will still continue to cash in from the parachute payments and hope that Warnock can do it again.

(2) Warnock is doing the best he can with the limited budget he has and with the limited ability he has in managing & competing at PL level.
Considering Tan's policy - Warnock is absolutely our man.

(3) We definately have a realistic chance of staying up.

The PL has 3 very distinct tiers:

Those who are competing for honours and those who will probably stay up and the final group of about 6 clubs (including us) who are looking to survive. One or two from the middle group may also drop to our group.

In conclusion we have about a better than even chance of survival -

Vincent Tan has the right policy that suits him -

Warnock easily remains the best man to fulfill Tan's policy & he also remains 100% the fans' choice.

Opinions: I summarized the situation accurately?

I'm not sure about dellingnit part as he could of done in the past and didn't,but the rest I agree with I really think we got a better chance this time of staying up and if we do we might see more investment next season

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Spot on, VT has spent a fortune, he deserves to recoup some of his losses.

He has already recouped the majority of his losses due to how badly the club was run under him in the first 7 years, the last 2 years he has started to run our club properly :thumbright:

Agree! I think Tan will sell at the very earliest opportunity. I really don't see what affinity Tan has with Cardiff apart from a failed money making venture and a chance to boost his own prestige. His ludicrous red project failed as expected and his naivety led him to learn the hard way that owning an aspirational football money can often be a headache and an extreme financial burden.

As mentioned on previous posts I'm not criticizing the man: he kept his word that there would be no more money and I respect that. However, I don't buy into this business of his spending little primarily in order to protect the financial interests of the club. I believe he is spending as little as possible to protect his investment and his goal is to get out as soon as possible relatively uncompromised financially and with his reputation intact. Don't get me wrong, I believe this is an honourable man who, unlike some others, would not let the club slip into the wrong hands and I'm certain he would leave it in a healthy condition. In all fairness that is to be admired.

Nevertheless, my main point is that this is not the man to develop the club. I don't think he had any aspirations to take it further. Should we stay up this season it's a bonus for the man but he already had added value by getting the future parachute payments. Together with the planned new training ground, the club will be a much more attractive proposition to be purchased by an ambitious owner.

I have no grudge against Tan but where I am saddened is that Premier opportunities seldom come to a club like us, and if we are aspirational we should embrace it as wholeheartedly as possible. I don't believe, if handled properly, careful investment would mean we put the club's future at risk. Other clubs like Leicester, Palace, Southampton, Brighton, Watford etc have proven otherwise. What I think is really sad is that we all know the club needs a new generation to start supporting the club instead of the likes of Liverpool and Man U, but that will only realistically happen if we aspire to develop, secure our place in the Premier and continue to grow in status. I like many of my friends here will support the club come what may but how many of the general public will want to ever be associated with the club next time, if ever, promotion comes round when we are only likely to be humiliated again,?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:14 am

bluebird58 wrote:I don’t think VT wants to sell the club as such. If a suitable offer came forward he might do so , but that applies to all his businesses. He has learned a lot over the last few years and he has stabilised the club financially. I don’t see him selling it on a whim, and I don’t think he is actively trying to sell it.

TBH that is more or less Annis point. The club is financially stable ATM but VT would sell if he got an offer which gave him a good chuck of his investments back.

Not sure what 'actively seeking to sell' consists of but I would bet fiver that behind the scenes feelers have been put out.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 am

City Slicker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't buy into this business of his spending little primarily in order to protect the financial interests of the club. I believe he is spending as little as possible to protect his investment .

Surely they are one and the same?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

Just about right summary but will say that if you take a look at previous owners of other clubs that have put in hundreds of millions over quite few years they have all sold at good profit! Fulham owner made around 250m when he sold club despite putting mega bucks in? so tan will sell at right price but will not lose out that's for sure. Personally nothing will become clear until Xmas but we will be in and around relegation battle all season :thumbup:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 am

I’m not sure on the recouping part, maybe right but I remember reading how he had a company making big losses which I think he bought as part of a bigger organisation from the top of my head I think it was some kind of social media site or music site. Anyway it was about to be closed down but instead he restructured the company allowing the majority to keep their jobs and eventually made the company self-sufficient. That personally is my hope and the way I see the club heading.

We won’t really know what’s going through Tans mind and as with a lot of people he seems the type of change his mind quite frequently. But as long as the club is making an attempt to make us self-sufficient then in my opinion im all for it. I think the club off the field is 100% heading in the right direction.

On the flip side I don’t think Warnock has spent the budget as wisely as he could have and it wouldn’t surprise me if he had funds left to spend either from what he said previously. Even the players we signed were as a bit predictable and easy. I don’t think playing everything down is helping us either, comes across a bit amateurish and no wonder he was told to stop saying I’m here to enjoy myself. I think a few are struggling with the step up and at times so is Warnock. However they still have time to prove they are good enough for the prem. A tough run of fixtures now but games we can take points in and ideal time for Warnock to prove he is a premiership manager. I do often wonder if he keeps on about the low transfer budget, didn’t spent his budget and brought in championship players as a way to cover up his inadequacies at this level.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't buy into this business of his spending little primarily in order to protect the financial interests of the club. I believe he is spending as little as possible to protect his investment .

Surely they are one and the same?

No absolutely not.

Re: MY VIEW: OF TAN - WARNOCK and PREMIER LEAGUE :

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Ahhhhh the old he’s cashing in the parachute payments tripe he’s supposedly been doing for years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Ahhhhh the old he’s cashing in the parachute payments tripe he’s supposedly been doing for years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus he cannot cash in on the parachute payments as it is not allowed, it is there to cover the large drop in revenue on relegation, owners cannot just take the money out :thumbup:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:34 pm

I've heard that tan is selling the club for 5 years now :lol: people like tan see the long game and can afford to hold on to their assets,even more now as the tv money even if relagated is massive

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:I've heard that tan is selling the club for 5 years now :lol: people like tan see the long game and can afford to hold on to their assets,even more now as the tv money even if relagated is massive

The facts are there Weze, even Dalman and Tan have both stayed on many occasions the club was for sake if someone wanted it.

The facts remain Dalman was brought in to find a buyer, but our club was in turmoil for years on the finance side and only now do we look a saleable club.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I’m not sure on the recouping part, maybe right but I remember reading how he had a company making big losses which I think he bought as part of a bigger organisation from the top of my head I think it was some kind of social media site or music site. Anyway it was about to be closed down but instead he restructured the company allowing the majority to keep their jobs and eventually made the company self-sufficient. That personally is my hope and the way I see the club heading.

We won’t really know what’s going through Tans mind and as with a lot of people he seems the type of change his mind quite frequently. But as long as the club is making an attempt to make us self-sufficient then in my opinion im all for it. I think the club off the field is 100% heading in the right direction.

On the flip side I don’t think Warnock has spent the budget as wisely as he could have and it wouldn’t surprise me if he had funds left to spend either from what he said previously. Even the players we signed were as a bit predictable and easy. I don’t think playing everything down is helping us either, comes across a bit amateurish and no wonder he was told to stop saying I’m here to enjoy myself. I think a few are struggling with the step up and at times so is Warnock. However they still have time to prove they are good enough for the prem. A tough run of fixtures now but games we can take points in and ideal time for Warnock to prove he is a premiership manager. I do often wonder if he keeps on about the low transfer budget, didn’t spent his budget and brought in championship players as a way to cover up his inadequacies at this level.

not sure about this making the club self sufficient bit.
since being relegated last time we have had 4 years with parachute payments and didn't seem to be close to breaking even..

this despite no player contracts still running from our last prem campaign and had we not won promotion I believe our clubs finances for the coming season would be as bad as they have ever been, the debt has reduced purely on Tan converting debt to equity..

moving forward...Tan achieves this utopia of a self sufficient club that many talk about then gets an offer that he accepts...just one transfer window later under a new owner we could be back to square one if in fact it reaches one window as the new guy could just saddle debts on us a la Glaziers..

on the final paragraph..i have many of the same concerns..

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I've heard that tan is selling the club for 5 years now :lol: people like tan see the long game and can afford to hold on to their assets,even more now as the tv money even if relagated is massive

The facts are there Weze, even Dalman and Tan have both stayed on many occasions the club was for sake if someone wanted it.

The facts remain Dalman was brought in to find a buyer, but our club was in turmoil for years on the finance side and only now do we look a saleable club.

Tans words were all his businesses were for sale at the right price but tan or dalman have never said they were actively wanting to sell,you've said ever season for years that tan wants out but year on year he keeps paying the bills

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tans words were all his businesses were for sale at the right price but tan or dalman have never said they were actively wanting to sell,you've said ever season for years that tan wants out but year on year he keeps paying the bills

Have to agree with you wez, without him? I dread to think where we would be now :occasion5:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 pm

People say the huge debt is tans fault up to a point that's right with his stupid ideas and daft players contracts, but then there is the huge financial damage caused by the ridler selling off the clubs jewellery by getting peanuts for them when they were worth many millions if kept by club? and of course this happened because of previous owner and his mysterious backers getting club into huge debts, tan has stopped the rot by basically subsidising the clubs running costs! He's on course to fundamentally make club debt free which means he can sell it without losing large portion of his investment? Staying in premiership may be a bad thing if tan sells whilst there as may get owner like sam or speculators like swansea yanks..

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-13358408

Now some of you can correct me if I’m being a bit dumb but if you were trying to sell say your car would you put an add in the paper saying your not looking to sell it?

Also if Tan was ‘cashing in’ why wouldn’t he of just sold Morrison and Zohore at the start of last season?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-issue-strong-reaction-13358408

Now some of you can correct me if I’m being a bit dumb but if you were trying to sell say your car would you put an add in the paper saying your not looking to sell it?

Also if Tan was ‘cashing in’ why wouldn’t he of just sold Morrison and Zohore at the start of last season?

It's the same people always saying he's selling

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200627 :thumbright: