Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ONLINE POLL' : SUPPORTERS CHOOSE XI TO PLAY BURNLEY

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 am

The Cardiff City side fans want Neil Warnock to pick against Burnley as two stars are dropped after Man City mauling
By Ian Mitchelmore

Tuesday 25th September 2018

WalesOnline asked fans to pick the Cardiff team they want to start against Burnley, and here are the results...

Neil Warnock has a number of big selections calls to make ahead of Cardiff City's huge Premier League clash with Burnley on Sunday.

Cardiff are yet to win so far in the 2018/19 campaign while Burnley go into Sunday's game having secured their first triumph of the season by beating Bournemouth 4-0 at Turf Moor.

And ahead of the visit of Sean Dyche's side, WalesOnline asked fans to pick the Cardiff team they want to start against the Clarets ... and the results are in.

Injured duo Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Lee Peltier were both omitted from the selection process while Aron Gunnarsson was included, although it remains to be seen whether or not the Iceland international will be fit for the game.

There were no surprises in goal as fans went with Neil Etheridge, but there was a major call in defence.

Having replaced Peltier in the second half of the defeat to Man City at the weekend, supporters have voted for Wales international Jazz Richards to get the nod at right-back against the Clarets.

And it means Bruno Manga misses out on the starting XI altogether as Sean Morrison and Sol Bamba have been chosen as the preferred centre-back pairing, with fans keen to see Joe Bennett return at left-back following Greg Cunningham's first league start for the Bluebirds against Pep Guardiola's side.

It's as you were in the centre of the park as fans have voted in favour or retaining the trio of Victor Camarasa, Joe Ralls and Harry Arter.

They have started together in midfield in every league game for the Bluebirds after the opening day defeat to Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium, and given the concerns over Gunnarsson's fitness, it seems that change is unlikely at the weekend.

But there's been another big call further up the field too.

Fans have chosen a 4-3-3 formation that will once again see Danny Ward lead the line while Junior Hoilett will operate on one flank.

And the Cardiff faithful are calling for Josh Murphy to line up on the opposite wing to Hoilett against Burnley in the Welsh capital on Sunday, meaning Bobby Reid misses out.

The Cardiff City XI to face Burnley, as voted for by the fans:

Etheridge; Richards, Morrison (C), Bamba, Bennett; Ralls, Camarasa, Arter; Hoilett, J Murphy, Ward.

Do you agree? :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WALES ONLINE POLL: SUPPORTERS CHOOSE XI TO PLAY BURNLEY

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 am

So the prize for Manga being our best player is to be dropped!!

Did any of these people go to the Man City game ?

Re: ' ONLINE POLL' : SUPPORTERS CHOOSE XI TO PLAY BURNLEY

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am

that's the same team my mother would have picked and she also knows sod all about football or ever been to City match !

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 am

ahhhh… that's how the WOL journos get away with those braindead articles..

question...was Manga not picked by the majority of the beauts that voted..or was it a case of the fella in charge failing to put Manga on the voting form.?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm

So, arguable our two best outfield players from Saturday are both left out.

Let's be honest, everything that comes out of WalesOnline is garbage. They refer to this effort as being selected by 'fans' but they have no idea who has voted. They should refer to 'readers'. Their poll is meaningless

The standard of their 'journalists' is quite shocking. They certainly have favourites and prejudices. I have never, for instance, seen them give Manga a good report, so this latest fiasco does not surprise me.

I hate the way they use the derogatory term 'hooked' when a player is substituted, even when it is clearly a tactical substitution and not a reflection of the player's performance.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:07 pm

my side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WALES ONLINE POLL: SUPPORTERS CHOOSE XI TO PLAY BURNLEY

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm

piledriver64 wrote:So the prize for Manga being our best player is to be dropped!!

Did any of these people go to the Man City game ?

...and Bobby Reid was my 2nd choice for MOM

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am

I've made a list

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray (captain)
Harris
Gibson
Clarke
Lee
Toshack
Bird.

I suggest that we smash the ball into their penalty area straight from the kick off then everyone goes rushing in there shoulder barging defenders all over the place and volleying it back and forth till it eventually ends up in the net.
Any airy fairy flashy dribbling and weaving by the opponents must be nipped in the bud from the outset. Now , the trick here is to look for some ponce with long hair and his socks down because he'll probably be the one to try that stuff and once you've identified the potential trouble maker, Don Murray will hit him five feet in the air with a double footed sliding tackle , if possible before he gets anywhere near the ball. Then if he tries taking any part in the game after that just do it again till he gets the message and avoids the ball for the rest of the game.
That's more or less it, but it's also important to remind the boys before the game that there's no smoking in the dressing room at half time now and this is an important game so no going off to a club after the pubs shut on Friday night.