January-Loan Signings

A forum for all things Cardiff City

January-Loan Signings

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Can somebody clear this debate up and us signing loan players in January.

I will hold my hands up and say I don’t know the rules.

What I was lead to believe you could only have two players on loan at any one time and can sign 4 over a season. So unless we cancelled Harry Arter or Victor C who are on season long loans then no we can’t sign another two.

If somebody can clear this up then it will put an end to rumours and us signing anymore on loan in January with our only option then to sign somebody on a permanent deal fee or not.
Llantwit Blue

January-Loan Signings

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: January-Loan Signings

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Can somebody clear this debate up and us signing loan players in January.

I will hold my hands up and say I don’t know the rules.

What I was lead to believe you could only have two players on loan at any one time and can sign 4 over a season. So unless we cancelled Harry Arter or Victor C who are on season long loans then no we can’t sign another two.

If somebody can clear this up then it will put an end to rumours and us signing anymore on loan in January with our only option then to sign somebody on a permanent deal fee or not.

You can only have TWO players on loan from the ENGLISH League system.

Camarasa doesn’t count.

So we can loan another player from a Prem team (Ampadu who won’t need to be registered in the 25 because of his age)
Llan_Blue

Postby Blueboys1927 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Can't see Chelsea allowing ampadu out to be submitted to a relegation battle in Jan I'm afraid :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:40 pm

So what your saying we could sign players from abroad but there must be a limit.
Otherwise I can’t believe we didn’t sign another player from the EFL in the summer on loan and another 2/3 from abroad.
Llantwit Blue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Can't see Chelsea allowing ampadu out to be submitted to a relegation battle in Jan I'm afraid :bluebird:

Why not mate?
If I was the Chelsea hierarchy I’d be well pleased. Testing himself out against premiership opposition every week and hardly s threat to them.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby nubbsy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Can't see Chelsea allowing ampadu out to be submitted to a relegation battle in Jan I'm afraid :bluebird:

Why not mate?
If I was the Chelsea hierarchy I’d be well pleased. Testing himself out against premiership opposition every week and hardly s threat to them.

Chelski prefered to see Abraham go out on the loan to the championship rather than play for Cardiff in the prem so why would they want Ampadu to come? Perhaps they don't want Warnock coaching their players.
nubbsy

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Why not mate?

Chelski prefered to see Abraham go out on the loan to the championship rather than play for Cardiff in the prem so why would they want Ampadu to come? Perhaps they don't want Warnock coaching their players.

Fair point but we don’t know the circumstances do we.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:42 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Why not mate?

How do you know warnock tried that hard to get him? Surely he would have come deadline day or before if warnock tried but i dont think he tried hard enough personally
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 am

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Why not mate?

not sure they would want Ethan coming here but I do see a huge difference in not allowing a striker to go to a club that are nailed on to be on the back foot and creating very little to allowing a defensive midfielder/defender to go to that same club..
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:So what your saying we could sign players from abroad but there must be a limit.
Otherwise I can’t believe we didn’t sign another player from the EFL in the summer on loan and another 2/3 from abroad.

Loan signings still aren’t free and we still can only have a 25 man squad!
Llan_Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:42 am

Can’t see Ampadu going anywhere on loan.

He trains with Chelsea’s first team squad and they are likely to give him games in the cup competitions.

Wouldn’t shock me if he plays on Wednesday for them against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. Their home matches in the Europa League could also be good opportunities for him.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Can’t see Ampadu going anywhere on loan.

He trains with Chelsea’s first team squad and they are likely to give him games in the cup competitions.

Wouldn’t shock me if he plays on Wednesday for them against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup. Their home matches in the Europa League could also be good opportunities for him.

So you think training will be better then playing actual games in the premier league :lol:

By the time January comes around the Carabao cup and Europa league group stages will be over.
Llan_Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Can’t see Ampadu going anywhere on loan.

So you think training will be better then playing actual games in the premier league :lol:

By the time January comes around the Carabao cup and Europa league group stages will be over.

I don’t, but Chelsea evidently do.

Even if I did think that, I wouldn’t say because I’ve learnt I’m not allowed an opinion on here.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat