Come Christmas if we're in the mess ..

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 pm

I love Warnock like every other supporter but if we’re in dire straits come Christmas staring down the proverbial barrel, do we look elsewhere for a new manager or should we allow Warnock to see the season out? Personally I feel Warnock should see his tenure out, he has done wonders for the club considering where we were when we took over and how bad it was on / off the pitch, I’d knight the man if I could, will always be my fav City manager but there’s no love loss in football and he could be sacked and replaced quite easily, if he was who would you be in favour of taking over?

I wouldn’t put it passed Vinny T looking at The Tinkerman who guided the foxes to Premiership glory but surely we’d have to be looking at a top end manager.
Wolfpac

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Come Christmas if we're in the mess ..

Postby Welshman in CA » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:26 pm

If we're still in the same position come xmas Warnock should stay & go again next season.
Welshman in CA

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Let’s cross that bridge if, and when, we come to it.

A lot football to be played until then and, I know it’s a novel idea, but let’s support the team and manager until then.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:48 pm

At the end of the day NW has worked miracles since he has been at the club. Were the summer signings the best? - decent I would suggest but just surprised that we didn’t bring in some players with Premiership experience. The biggest disappointment was not bringing in a decent striker in the summer, something the club had to do. He has made some ’strange’ team selections notably the Bournemouth and Man City games and also a couple of squad selections/lack of selection could be questioned.

He is trying to do his best with what we have got & with his hands tied behind his back. If another 20m had been made available on top of the 24m spent & some extra quality brought in then things may have been better. Can see the club give him money to spend in January so with that in mind and what he has done he deserves to be managing City. Whether the January window is too late for us is another thing.

Our season starts against Burnley & these are the games, particularly at home where we need to pick up the points. Some interesting times ahead :ayatollah:
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Ifs and buts I've said before Warnock has been my favourite manager since supporting us but if he is no longer getting the best out of players then id have no concerns about him being replaced. No such thing has loyalty in football.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ifs and buts I've said before Warnock has been my favourite manager since supporting us but if he is no longer getting the best out of players then id have no concerns about him being replaced. No such thing has loyalty in football.

ive been firmly in the keep him no matter how bad it gets camp but Saturday really got me thinking tbh , felt like one of those cup games where the manager isn't too bothered about going out..no problem with the result itself but big problems with the way we set up.
also don't get the amount of flack many players have taken for last Saturday by people who are happy to ignore NW.
id love him to be here next season but agree about the loyalty thing
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:23 pm

These threads are boring.

If we are in trouble by xmas why the hell would you think Claudio ranieri would be the man for a relegation scrap. We’d have no hope and then he’d leave at the end of the season and we’d be looking for another manager for the start of the championship.

Let’s just stick by our manager and support him and the team the grass isn’t always greener.
Llan_Blue

Postby RV Casual » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:If we're still in the same position come xmas Warnock should stay & go again next season.

What makes you think he would though? He's not spent more than 3 years at one Club since Sheffield Utd (the Club HE loves) and only done it twice in a 32 year Managerial Career.

Personally I don't think we will be in a mess come Christmas, I'v seen enough now to convince me we will give it a good shot.

I think Warnock will leave at his own accord at the end of the season though whether we stay up or go down.
RV Casual

Postby T1JMO » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Warnock stays regardless.
T1JMO

Postby soldierblue1880 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 pm

I believe if we are in a mess come Christmas I think Warnock will do the decent thing and fall on his sword,let's not forget being a manager is a very stressful buisnes even more so when your a manager in the Premiership struggling to keep your head above water also I think Mrs.Warnock might have an input on the situation if she sees her husband not coping very well
soldierblue1880

Postby soldierblue1880 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:08 pm

T1JMO wrote:Warnock stays regardless.

Regardless whatever his physical and mental well-being is
soldierblue1880

Postby Walinoz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:15 pm

T1JMO wrote:Warnock stays regardless.

Agreed
What the point in getting rid at Xmas. A new manager will want to spend a bit in the transfer window and that ain’t gonna happen
Jeez I just a had a flashback to OGS signings in the January window last time :evil: :banghead:
Walinoz

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Dont care if we go down with 12 points. Warnock is building something!!!!!@
BlueMoon1974

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm

We came up together and if need be we will go down together. Now let’s not talk about this again !!
Nuclearblue

Postby krabb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We came up together and if need be we will go down together. Now let’s not talk about this again !!

Spot on...... what did anyone honestly expect.... we never really spent so enjoy what we got...... if you don’t like don’t go....simples.... :ayatollah:
krabb

Return to General Chat