' Garth Crooks on Joe Ralls tackle '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:17 am

Garth Crooks on Joe Ralls tackle

It was a challenge than angered Man City fans at the weekend.

And it’s safe to say that BBC Sport pundit Garth Crooks is less than impressed with Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls for his tackle on Ilkay Gundogan.

The pundit picked the German midfielder in his team of the week, but was quick to mention Ralls’ poor challenge on Gundogan.

Here’s what he had to say.

There was no David Silva for Manchester City, but they didn’t need him. Gundogan was immense.
The Germany international scored one and could have had five.

However, the tackle on Gundogan by Joe Ralls was a shocker and should have seen the Cardiff midfielder sent off.

It’s not the first time Ralls has singled out Gundogan for special attention.

In last season’s FA Cup tie, Ralls caught Gundogan with a similar challenge.

I gave Ralls the benefit of the doubt in that game, but not this one.”

Garth Crooks
Attachments
1_rallsyJPG.jpg
1_rallsyJPG.jpg (22.56 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Gareth Crooks on Joe Ralls tackle '

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:49 am

No worse than De Bruyne on Richards last year, out for a third of the season! I bet Gundongan is fine for next game! And still not seen a replay of Sane on Pelts, sure he caught him when he was down, no mention of that either!

They really are the media's little snowflakes!
jimmy_rat

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am

jimmy_rat wrote:No worse than De Bruyne on Richards last year, out for a third of the season! I bet Gundongan is fine for next game! And still not seen a replay of Sane on Pelts, sure he caught him when he was down, no mention of that either!

needlessly deflecting

what did you think of the tackle?
paulh_85

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:No worse than De Bruyne on Richards last year, out for a third of the season! I bet Gundongan is fine for next game! And still not seen a replay of Sane on Pelts, sure he caught him when he was down, no mention of that either!

needlessly deflecting

Was late, but we see at least one tackle like that every game.

This is purely news because of Bennett vs Sane last year, hardly deflecting. The point being every time we have played them they give as good as they get, but nothing is said about their tackling!
jimmy_rat

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

needlessly deflecting

This is purely news because of Bennett vs Sane last year, hardly deflecting. The point being every time we have played them they give as good as they get, but nothing is said about their tackling!

do we?

not every game. i dont get why your pushing back so hard against something that was clearly a bad challenge. no ones going to think your less of a fan for saying it you know
paulh_85

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:59 pm

It was a red card but a 'shocker' it was not if he had meant to take the man and not the ball he would've done a lot more damage
danielrees17

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

needlessly deflecting

do we?

not every game. i dont get why your pushing back so hard against something that was clearly a bad challenge. no ones going to think your less of a fan for saying it you know

I said it was late. Up to the ref if it was a red. He said no. I agree it was a foul. Not intentional as all this media hype is suggesting. Ralls is not a dirty player. He simply got done.

I'm not pushing back. Just giving my opinion. Am I not allowed one? And you see plenty of late tackles in games, not half as much fuss is made of them? (I can't remember this much fuss when Camarasa was deliberately kicked by that Geordie player) Are you telling me the fuss now isn't because of the Bennett saga last season? Then why is every article pretty much referencing that game?
jimmy_rat

Re: ' Garth Crooks on Joe Ralls tackle '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 pm

I thought it was a definite red.

He got away with that one.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Only conclusion you can make is the ref was incompetent and shouldn't ref Well how could he not send him off? he clearly saw the faul and looking at the picture and listening to the pundits and X refs they must be right and ref was blind. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Does it matter really they won 5-0 :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm

it was a poorly timed challenge, but it was an honest (if a little aggressive) challenge.

people always whine about warnock teams' challenges but what about these disgusting assaults from aguero for man city?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDOxa_ ... gs=pl%2Cwn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhik62j ... gs=pl%2Cwn
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat