Cardiff city
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

I believe we are in this mini league with the above.
Finish 5th or better IN THE MINI LEAGUE AND ITS JOB DONE! Also if we can nick a point or two from the likes of West ham Everton wolves Leicester makes life a little more easier.
VERDICT. WE ARE STAYING UP!
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

“ Our mini league “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Our mini league “

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:56 am

:bluebird:

We have to start beating all these teams around us, No draws wins :bluebird:

Starting with Burnley home.
Attachments
8562C02D-9B01-4419-B7FA-3BC656AD3A45.jpeg
8562C02D-9B01-4419-B7FA-3BC656AD3A45.jpeg (275.2 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 am

wez1927 wrote:Cardiff city
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Finish 5th or better IN THE MINI LEAGUE AND ITS JOB DONE! Also if we can nick a point or two from the likes of West ham Everton wolves Leicester makes life a little more easier.

We need a win against Burnley it's a massive game that could determine our season, the players need some confidence and a lift as do our fans and this stage, it could go either way, hard to predict.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

What we could do with is some points against top 7 teams later in season, as surely some of our rivals will do so, and that could make the difference at end season.
pembroke allan

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am

Unless there is a major cash injection in the transfer window there's no chance we will stay up with the current squad. Simply not enough quality, a good championship team and that's it. Quality players are needed asap. :bluescarf:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am

Only played 2 out of 7 of these teams (assuming they are the ones to struggle) and so far unbeaten as we 'develop' into the Premier League :thumbright:

It's been a tough start to the season with the team's we have had to but now we have a run of games where we can reasonable expect to compete for the points on offer (even a point at 'shaky' Spurs isn't beyond reason) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:12 am

It will be an interesting couple of weeks, a win against Burnley would be a huge result and confidence boast but its going to be a very tough game.
2blue2handle

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 am

Massive game against the clarets who you cant write off as they have a very talented squad, Ashley Barnes love him or hate him, give him a sniff from any angle and he will punish us, I am worried we will implode Sunday
Wolfpac

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:43 am

A raw league table for those clubs so far, including only games played against each other...

Palace pld 4 pts 7

Fulham pld 3 pts 4
Soton pld 3 pts 4

CCFC Played 2 Points 2
Newcastle pld 2 pts 2
Brighton pld 2 pts 2

Burnley pld 2 pts 1
Huddersfield pld 2 pts 1

I know it doesn't really show much until we've all played each other at least once. But it's going to be tight!
jimmy_rat

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:06 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:A raw league table for those clubs so far, including only games played against each other...

Palace pld 4 pts 7

Fulham pld 3 pts 4
Soton pld 3 pts 4

CCFC Played 2 Points 2
Newcastle pld 2 pts 2
Brighton pld 2 pts 2

Burnley pld 2 pts 1
Huddersfield pld 2 pts 1

I know it doesn't really show much until we've all played each other at least once. But it's going to be tight!

Interesting, it does show it's tight but also that we have a chance starting against Burnley, five points from three would put us near the top of this mini league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:A raw league table for those clubs so far, including only games played against each other...

Palace pld 4 pts 7

Fulham pld 3 pts 4
Soton pld 3 pts 4

CCFC Played 2 Points 2
Newcastle pld 2 pts 2
Brighton pld 2 pts 2

Burnley pld 2 pts 1
Huddersfield pld 2 pts 1

Interesting, it does show it's tight but also that we have a chance starting against Burnley, five points from three would put us near the top of this mini league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly
wez1927

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.
We are million miles away from Palace, Newcastle, Burnley, Fulham and Southampton. All of them have a top level way beyond us, and have something to build on. We don’t.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.
We are million miles away from Palace, Newcastle, Burnley, Fulham and Southampton. All of them have a top level way beyond us, and have something to build on. We don’t.

Zzzzzzzzz
wez1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Felt like we were a million miles away from a lot of teams the start of last season.
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Yes i agree we are in a relegation mini league, dont agree we are staying up yet too early to judge, we have shown positive glimpses but nothing to me has been proven we are good enough to stay up yet, burnley is a proper test sunday if we beat them i will have a lot more belief
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:26 pm

We will drop points against a lot of those teams in this so called mini league. Therefore we will need to get some points against the better teams, even the odd win against one of the big boys. It won’t happen imo, in fact I think we will struggle to get anywhere near 20 points.
Won’t stop me going and supporting them though :ayatollah:
Carpe Diem

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Felt like we were a million miles away from a lot of teams the start of last season.

Agree
wez1927

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

Maybe you should watch more football. And bring a friend explaining it to you, how it works an stuff. There isn't any mini league after six games, and the teams you are listing suggest you have no clue...
Last edited by Scandinavianbluebird on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

i didnt. But i felt like that at the end of the season. That was when the signs was there.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

We need a win against Burnley it's a massive game that could determine our season, the players need some confidence and a lift as do our fans and this stage, it could go either way, hard to predict.

Then it's over to us fans! Let's lift the team against me, raise the proverbial roof :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:23 am

It’s a bit early to say safety is assured! 38 more points for safety, but from where?

I don’t buy this mini league thing. The truth is for survival to be guaranteed, some points will need to be nicked from clubs in the top half. After all, they have more commitments in terms of European fixtures and cup ties. This may cause them to field 2nd strings for games against ‘lower’ clubs. That could be an advantage.

The teams around the bottom of the table will be scrapping and just as hungry as each other.

I can’t see any possibility of survival unless there are points for wins - soon!!!!

Burnley are a tough side. Make no mistake: They will regard a visit to Cardiff as a raid. It is going to be a hard-fought fixture in my opinion.

Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 am

Woodville Willie wrote:It’s a bit early to say safety is assured! 38 more points for safety, but from where?

I don’t buy this mini league thing. The truth is for survival to be guaranteed, some points will need to be nicked from clubs in the top half. After all, they have more commitments in terms of European fixtures and cup ties. This may cause them to field 2nd strings for games against ‘lower’ clubs. That could be an advantage.

The teams around the bottom of the table will be scrapping and just as hungry as each other.

I can’t see any possibility of survival unless there are points for wins - soon!!!!

Burnley are a tough side. Make no mistake: They will regard a visit to Cardiff as a raid. It is going to be a hard-fought fixture in my opinion.

Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

its not science thats for sure..but your far more likely to pick points up against the lower teams...
Southampton won 7 games last season..they beat clubs that finished 20th { twice } 18th, 13th, 12th, {11th Palace who at that point hadnt even scored let alone had points } and 8th placed Everton who were 2 points outside relegation zone at the time..
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:53 am

wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

Maybe you should watch more football. And bring a friend explaining it to you, how it works an stuff. There isn't any mini league after six games, and the teams you are listing suggest you have no clue...

Why do you come on this board your clearly not a Cardiff City fan?
Llan_Blue

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 am

City vs Burnley - Win
Spurs vs City - Loss
City vs Fulham - Draw
Liverpool vs City - Loss
City vs Leicester - Loss
City vs Brighton - Win
Everton vs City - Draw
City vs Wolves - Draw
West Ham vs City - Loss
City vs Southampton - Win
Watford vs City - Draw
City vs Man Utd - Loss
Palace vs City - Draw
Leicester vs City - Loss

Possible 42 points from next 14 games. Judging on our squad and the run of games my honest thoughts are 14 points which will put us on 16 by end of Christmas, again just my thoughts so I think we will need to buckle up and play to our strengths and advantages home and away.
Wolfpac

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

Does being a City fan mean you have to be blind as a bat? Don’t care what you think. I pay my membership and follow all City when I can. And I won’t be one of those shouting Warnock out. The poor guy never had a chance..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

Does being a City fan mean you have to be blind as a bat? Don’t care what you think. I pay my membership and follow all City when I can. And I won’t be one of those shouting Warnock out. The poor guy never had a chance..

Pay what membership
Llan_Blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm

We need to win ten games to stay up and I think we should manage that by the end of the season so no need for panic .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:47 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:We need to win ten games to stay up and I think we should manage that by the end of the season so no need for panic .

Agree
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

So you don't think those teams listed will be in and around us ? You can't have been watching the premier league this season
wez1927

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Huddersfield
Crystal palace
Newcastle
Burnley
Fulham
Southampton
Brighton.

Rubbish.

Zzzzzzzzz

So you don't think those teams listed will be in and around us ? You can't have been watching the premier league this season

No i dont Wez. Ive watched almost every game and our games two or three times. You are way of Wez! We can beat Burnley at home, sure. But the teams you list have a much higher top level than us. And from what I’ve seen last season and now we ARE at our top level. We don’t have anything more to build on.
Scandinavianbluebird

Next

Return to General Chat